Adam Scott To Uniqlo

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
Adam Scott and Aquascutum ended their relationship at the end of 2012. It was released by Uniqlo this morning on their Google+ page that they have signed the Australian golfer, who is often referred to as one of the most stylish golfers both on and off the course. Scott joins international tennis superstar Novak Djokovic as big name athletes representing Uniqlo.

[h=3]Uniqlo[/h]5:42 AM - Public

Here is some good news for #GOLF fans and #UNIQLO fans.

We would like to inform that UNIQLO has signed a global brand ambassador contract with an Australian professional golf player Adam Scott!

It is the first time UNIQLO signs a contract with a professional golf player. However, this contract is not just an ordinary sponsorship contract. UNIQLO will not only provide sports wear, but also team up with Adam Scott to work on various social action programs.

From April 11th, Adam Scott will be playing in The Masters Tournament in Augusta, USA with his brand new UNIQLO wear. Please keep a close watch on UNIQLO wear making its mark on the golf course!

Google_AS01.jpg

Here is the official press release on this:

Professional Golfer Adam Scott Appointed as UNIQLO Global Brand Ambassador
Prominent Pro to Wear UNIQLO Apparel in Competitions
NEW YORK – April 9, 2013- UNIQLO today announces that it has signed a multi-year contract with Australian pro golfer and world number seven Adam Scott, will now act as Global Brand Ambassador to the leading global Japanese retailer. This marks the first time for UNIQLO to partner with a professional golfer. Under the partnership agreement, Adam Scott will wear UNIQLO apparel in all competitions, including the upcoming 2013 Masters Golf Tournament on April 11 in Augusta, Georgia. He will also take part in a range of promotional activities for the company, including a UNIQLO global polo shirt campaign to launch in mid-April.

Commenting on the partnership, Tadashi Yanai, Fast Retailing Chairman, President & CEO, said, “Our Brand Ambassador initiative targets individuals who are not only successful and ambitious in their own right, but also socially conscious and driven to give back to society. From this perspective, Mr. Scott is a wonderful addition. UNIQLO understands, and appreciates, Mr. Scott’s determination to become the best golfer in the world. As a company, we aim to provide clothing that meets the needs of anyone, anywhere. Given its widespread following worldwide and accessibility regardless of age, golf is a good match for us. Through this kind of initiative, we aim to improve the lives of people the world over.”

Adam Scott said, “I am thrilled to have been appointed as a UNIQLO Global Brand Ambassador. I have come across UNIQLO many times in my travels, and frequently visit UNIQLO stores. It is a brand with an established history of innovation, offering high quality clothing backed by quality materials and an attention to detail. “

As of April 2013, Adam Scott is the seventh ranked professional golfer in the world. A winner of twenty events worldwide, Adam first competed in the Masters in 2002. Adam’s global victories include the 2004 Players Championship, 2006 Tour Championship and 2011 WGC Bridgestone Invitational. Adam has ranked as high as number three in the official world golf rankings. He was born in Adelaide, Australia on July 16, 1980. To learn more about Adam Scott, please visit http://www.adamscott.com/

Liking the shirt he is wearing at his presser right now. Don't know much about the brand, to be honest with you. Searched for them and they almost look like an Old Navy/American Eagle type of brand.

Think Japanese version of the Gap. At least in my opinion.

Thank you for that GG.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I couldn't read half the stuff I was getting when I searched for them.

I guess this is news somewhere lol.

Hmm, never heard of it. I guess we'll see what they bring to the golf table very soon.

That's easy to understand, interesting move for them then!

Uniqlo is a budget retailer, along the lines of H&M. I'd be amazed if he was actually wearing anything from there, rather a shirt with a uniqlo logo sewn on.

Uniqlo is a budget retailer, along the lines of H&M. I'd be amazed if he was actually wearing anything from there, rather a shirt with a uniqlo logo sewn on.

They are on the same price range as H&M, but the quality of the clothing is far and away better. They make alot of different clothes for all different styles and ages, not just skinny jeans!! I like the move by Adam Scott.

Good for them. I know I'd never heard of them until now, so it should get them a bit of publicity.

Only heard of them because of Djok. Great to see them get into golf!

I'll be interesting to see if this helps their presence in mainstream places in the US

The quality and fit is more superior to the likes of Gap and H&M. For the money their range of raw selvedge denim jeans are incredible.

I have a couple of the sport tech polo's that I wear on the course, and fit wise they are better than some of my actual golf shirts.

Seems like a very "meh" company. At least to the states

Saw some of their stuff online I'm not very impressed.

They are affordable, I'll give them that. However, just going through their site, nothing jumped out at me.

Going through their regular polos I liked quite a few. Cheap too at $22. I could see myself picking a few up

I'm glad this got a bump. I really like the uniqlo look. Gonna have to grab a polo and see how it fits!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I wish we had it here in Canada. $40 chinos? Would be perfect for Spring and Fall golf here.

Back