Volvik Vista iV golf ball

ZenGolfer

Reaction score
I like orange golf balls. They are easier for me to see in the air and on the ground. But I like a ball that has tour quality spin. So, I was S.O.L. in the U.S.A. until this year, when Volvik started selling their Vista iV here in the states.
I knew Volvik had a tour quality golf ball...LPGA players certainly don't use 2-piece Volvik Crystal golf balls. And I saw the Vista on Volvik's Korean web site, but couldn't buy them here until now.

Anyway, the Vista iV is a four-piece, 95 compression ball that is available in orange, pink, white, yellow, and green (yeah, I can't comprehend a green golf ball either). A dozen is about 45 bucks, so it's in line with most other pro quality golf balls.

I was impressed with the performance of the Vista iV. It felt similar to a Pro V1, which makes sense because they are about the same compression. The Vista iV felt very lively off the clubface and the spin seemed about average compared to other pro-quality golf balls. The feel on the putter was good...not too clicky and not too mushy.

So, if you are looking for a pro-line golf ball with some additional color options, give it a try.

www.volvik.com

Last edited:
I saw an ad for these in my golf week magazine. Started looking at their staff, quite impressive from LPGA perspective. But they do have 2 web.com guys, and apparently one holds the world record for ball speed?

I want to test these balls. Been seeing them quite a bit with all the LPGA I've watched this year. They have an online presence in the US, but never seen any in stores.

Saw this at my local Roger Dunn, only being offered in sleeves though. Really thought about grabbing one to compare, but didn't.

You should check them out and let us know. I want to see if they'll do a THP Review. The colors are definitely interesting, but I think the technology is there too from what I'm reading.

I actually found one of these balls today out on the course. Played with it the whole time as well as my E6 and my callaway Diablo. I didn't think It was to bad of a ball. Deffantly enjoyed the yellow ball as today was and overcast with rain so it made it easy to find.

A Volvik rep was parked in front of the range when I walked out. I had never heard of them before and struck up a conversation. He gave me a sleeve of iV and Crystal balls and a nice brochure. I look forward to trying them.

A Volvik rep was parked in front of the range when I walked out. I had never heard of them before and struck up a conversation. He gave me a sleeve of iV and Crystal balls and a nice brochure. I look forward to trying them.

Sweet man that was nice of him. my luck today was walking the dog and finding $16 on the ground.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I played 9 with the Vista today. I thought it was okay.

It was comparably long with off the tee and with irons as to other premium balls I've played.

I was running everything past the hole today on the green which is very unusual for me, I'm genetically inclined to leave them short. Maybe the greens were were faster than usual today? Or maybe the ball was hotter off the putter face than I'm used to?

I had several 8i or less into the green and the ball didn't stop especially close to its pitch mark. As an example, two different 8i from 150, the ball rolled 10 - 20 feet past the pitch mark. Based on trajectory and the way I compressed the ball I would have expected it to be right next to the pitch mark. A 3rd 8i stopped closer than that but it was from an elevated tee box so there probably was extra trajectory.

On the definite plus side - the ball is colored wonderfully, it is very easy to see and find. And it was extremely durable. If I washed it you'd probably never know it had been taken out of the box.

I will try them again to confirm the behavior into the greens. But if it isn't better next time I'll probably go back to some old favorites.

We get a huge amount of Korean golfers that join our course for the summer and a lot of them seem to play Volvik balls. I found a near new iV and put it in play on the next hole. What a great ball. Maybe a little soft off the driver but I feel the same about the PV1 so I wasn't too surprised. It played and performed every bit as well as a PV1 but I will say I found it scuffed easier than the PV1. I managed to generate a solid 8ft of backspin into one particular green, and not once did I find the ball ahead of it's pitch mark on any green. I would happily play this ball on calm days but on windy days I feel the extra sidespin would hurt me too much off the tee.
I could see this ball appealing to a lot of people but the price (very close to PV1) and the fact it's a little known brand outside of Asia might deter people from trying it.

Last edited:
2013 I played several quality balls but early in the season (May) I decided to play orange Volvik Crystal because I could see them far better than white in the air & on the ground. This ball is comparable to NXT Tour S. I'm in my 60s & weigh 155. My drives were 240-250 yd & from 100 yd & in I always stopped around the ball mark, but the ball never backed up. Putting this soft ball (70 compression) felt soft but had a good sound.

Late July I bought a dozen pink Volvik Vista (95). My club head speed had increased to 104 mph with the driver & thought I would benefit from this ball. I took some razzing when I teed it up but not a peep after I drove it 278 yd. 7 times that year I hit them 280+. My average off the tee was probably around 255-260. I was consistently straight too. As for approach shots all I can say is when I can backup the ball it is a super great golf ball! Putting feel & sound were very satisfying. Pro V1 & Volvik vista are comparable, but this year I will play the Vista because of the distance, spin & the color (orange in spring & summer & in fall with gray skies green & clear skies white). Oh, I found the durability to be outstanding.

I really don't know much about this company but was curious when I saw Craig Stadler wearing their hat at The Masters press conference yesterday. After reading the comments here, I'll keep an eye out for them.

There is a guy I play with at the local muni who got a bunch of their stuff through some business deal. He gave me a couple of their tour balls and I really liked them. The ones he have me were orange and easy to see against the sky. I grew up in 80s and played orange balls (or whatever else I found) back then. I think they make a white version now tho. I usually don't pay $48 a dozen for balls but if I found them on sale I wouldn't hesitate to play 'em.

I grabbed one of these last week at the LPGA at Kings Mill and there were several of the girls playing them. I played it today along with a ProV1. The balls felt identical to me. If you had asked me what I was playing I would have thought it was a yellow ProV1. The only difference that I notice was the ball was a little louder off the tee. I really liked it.

I picked up a dozen of these Orange balls off Ebay for $30 delivered. Will get them out on the course this weekend, probably Sunday. I am curious how they will feel as I have been playing Chrome Soft for a while and these are quite a bit higher compression. The Orange is not quite as bright as I expected, don't think I would want to play this color in the fall...

I love this ball, getting ready to order a couple dozen actually along with the S3 and S4. They are fantastic as well and IMO the best basks on the market. Just wish more does stocked them as I would rather go get them than order and wait.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

finally played 18 today with this ball, and while I lost a few, I really enjoyed it. Felt it performed pretty similar to my Chrome soft. Also, I always know which ball is mine because it is the only orange one on the course!

If I can find more for $30 I will have to pick them up.

Back