The Golf Ramble Thread

My last 6 rounds consecutively have counted towards my cap. That's gotta be a good sign, right?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

My last few rounds have featured the return of my long lost short game. Scrambling at 60+% is a sure fire way to keep me around the 80-mark.

Well, I seem to have broken out of the "my bad rounds are in the 90's" funk.

Now my regular rounds hover in that 85-86 shot range. A big improvement, but I want more.

Last edited:
Well, I seem to have broken out of the "my bad rounds are in the 90's" funk.

Now my regular rounds hover in that 85-86 shot range. A big improvement, but I want more.

Thanks for sending it my way because that is exactly where I am at right now.

Jacqui's new clubs will be arriving tomorrow. I didn't have them sent here though, I had them sent to a friend's house. I'll see him on Tuesday, so she will get them Tuesday night!

Yesterday was the 2nd round this year that I randomly lost nearly 15-20 yards with seemingly every club. Well...other than the new GBB which is killing it (which made it weirder). I don't know if I was just flipping my wrists through the ball, or losing all lag in my swing (those two might be related?), but it's weird. My typical 8 iron is 150, and I was lucky to get my 7 iron there yesterday. Also my 3 hybrid which is normally ~220-230, was barely reaching 205. So strange. It didn't seem that windy either, so I think it was just all me. It happened one round before this year, but I snapped back into place on the 18th and the next rounds following were fine again. Makes it really hard to determine where my new hybrid really fits in distance wise when i can't hit a single thing normally right now.

I rant a bunch about course conditions, mostly because I am a creature of habit when it comes to my abilities on a course... Basically, when the course changes, my capacity to score changes.

Tonight, it falls on the putting surface. They raised the mower height, and subsequently changed everything about the putting experience. Break changes, speed changes... And my putting goes downhill in a massive hurry.

Ugh, I hate HATE HATE the fall.

Last two range sessions have been less than stellar. Fell I to some bad habits from early in the year. Plan to fix that tomorrow at the range.

Courses start closing here as of Monday. Hopefully I can at least get a range session in with the 815 Alpha that is on the way to me!

Last two range sessions have been less than stellar. Fell I to some bad habits from early in the year. Plan to fix that tomorrow at the range.

Best fix for a bad swing is a new set of clubs :alien:

I love seeing hard work turn into improvement. Last two 9's out were 37 and 38. Highest stroke play score out recently was 85 on a very tough course, with all others around 82 and below. I've shot sub 80 on 18 three times now in the past 2 months and combined sub 80 from separate 9's a couple more. I've seen my handicap this year go from at one point 13.8, to now trending 9.6. Putting has become super solid, and the biggest thing is that I am so much more confident with a driver in my hands, that longer tee shots are relished instead of feared. The GBB helps with that a lot too. I'm looking forward to ending the year strong, and continuing this success into next year. Never satisfied and always striving to get better.

Just met Willie Wilson, the former Royal, just now. All the celebs play at Painted Hills!

I love seeing hard work turn into improvement. Last two 9's out were 37 and 38. Highest stroke play score out recently was 85 on a very tough course, with all others around 82 and below. I've shot sub 80 on 18 three times now in the past 2 months and combined sub 80 from separate 9's a couple more. I've seen my handicap this year go from at one point 13.8, to now trending 9.6. Putting has become super solid, and the biggest thing is that I am so much more confident with a driver in my hands, that longer tee shots are relished instead of feared. The GBB helps with that a lot too. I'm looking forward to ending the year strong, and continuing this success into next year. Never satisfied and always striving to get better.

Great work, keep on going!

I find it amazing that there are days where the stronger part of my game disappear and the worst part of my game are spot on.
And if I do not have confidence with my short game, my entire golf game goes to crapola.
Crazy game - I should not let it bother me, but it does.

I've been noticing that some of my better shots are the ones I Gary Player. That is, take a step towards the direction of my swing.

I don't try to do it, it just seems to happen when I really get through my shot. When I try to force the step, it doesn't seem to help.

So how do you give out strokes? If I am playing against someone who I have to give 10 strokes, how do I do it? Give him a stroke for the 10 toughest holes? Or does he get 2 strokes on certain holes?

Usually it's 10 on the hardest holes or you can just do 5 a side if playing Nassau

So how do you give out strokes? If I am playing against someone who I have to give 10 strokes, how do I do it? Give him a stroke for the 10 toughest holes? Or does he get 2 strokes on certain holes?

You got it. One stroke each on the #1-10 handicap holes.

I usually lean towards finding as much forgiveness as possible in a package that suits my game... but the experiences over the last week have done a really nice job of reminding me that my abilities are a little bit deeper than I give myself credit for.

Should be fun to see what I decide to game next summer. I need to respect the entire spectrum.

I usually lean towards finding as much forgiveness as possible in a package that suits my game... but the experiences over the last week have done a really nice job of reminding me that my abilities are a little bit deeper than I give myself credit for.

Should be fun to see what I decide to game next summer. I need to respect the entire spectrum.

The joys of being able to play anything in the spectrum! I assume it's a nice feeling

....meets complete BS. Smooth like couples.

It's the upstairs that gets you hahahaha

Well that is a true (ish) statement. But I'm not getting it done either way. Tennis anyone? Haha

Fifty bucks says I can already tell you.

Back