Noise During Pre-shot and actual shot

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
Do mind if there is noise during your pre-shot and actual shot as long as it isn't a sudden thing in the middle of your backswing?

It doesn't bother me at all unless it is sudden. What do you think?

The only time it throws me is if it's a sudden startling type noise in my back swing out of nowhere. If it's talk or anything normal it won't bother me.

it has to be a sudden thing during my actual swing

I agree that general noise doesn't bother me. But, if something sudden happens sometimes it throws me off.

The only time it throws me is if it's a sudden startling type noise in my back swing out of nowhere. If it's talk or anything normal it won't bother me.
i.e. screeching of cart tires or someone hollering/screaming wouldn't be too good, but general noise or even music on the course, seems to be more white noise.

Noise During Pre-shot and actual shot

I'm not bothered by noise

I block it all out, and many times, I prefer that there actually is noise during my shot.

I didn't grow up playing golf, and the sports I did (football, basketball, and baseball) are anything but quiet. I think it's almost second nature that I prefer that noise.

I'm not usually bothered by noise, unless it's really sudden.

Sudden noise can throw me off.

A little is fine, anything loud and excessive, or not constant is a bit much

Noise doesn't bug me at all.

Please ... grow up with someone like my father. He would play with change in his pocket, cough, whistle, etc. all during my pre-shot routine and backswing. "Is this going to take long" or "next shooter." So needless to say, noise doesn't bother me in the least.
Now shut up ... Can't you see I'm trying to putt!

I'm OK with some noise/chatter, as long as it is going on before I start my swing.

pre-shot? Not really. during the swing, esp right at my transition, yes it throws me off if I hear something suddenly.

I agree with all of the above. Back ground noise doesn't affect me. However, the warning noise for the golf cart being in reverse in my backswing gets my blood pressure up in a hurry.

What he said. Nothing like a car backfiring in the middle of your swing.

I'm with O'Caroll, growing up playing hockey, the sport is anything but quiet, constant talking, loud noises, stuff like that, so absolute quiet is wierd to me and while I will shut up for other people because I know they don't like it... it doesn't bother me at all, and I prefer to have music playing in my cart from my bose bluetooth while playing... but if playing with people that I don't know I will make it quiet enough they can't hear it from where they are swinging or pause it while going to my ball.

Doesn't bother me. I feel like if you are not expecting it (noise) you will never hear anything, but if you are someone who is worried about noise before you get over the shot, something will bother you no matter how small the distraction. Hope that made sense??

As long as it isn't startling it doesn't bother me.

Like most people, if it is sudden then it will bother me but the general background noise of the course and surrounding area is usually fine

Unless it's sudden and totally unexpected I don't mind. My game isn't at a level where I can blame noise anyway, haha!

It depends upon the situation. The driving range is noisy as hell. But having it dead quiet on the 10th tee and then having people suddenly start talking about figuring out the score from the last hole while you're in the middle of your backswing when they had the previous five minutes while you were in the loo to do that is just plain rude. I'll stop, step away, glare and go through my preshot routine again.

Like others, I'm good unless it's sudden and unexpected.

Add me to the list. Sudden noises bother me but I don't care if others chat etc. during my swing.

With music playing, people can talk and all and it's fine. Sudden noises can be weird though.

Back