Houston Area THP group

Im down for a Texas Rivalry event! Lets try to get something going for this year.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hello Houston!! I heard my bat phone ringing!

Yea, I'm sure we could find 3 guys from DFW group to play the 3 from HTown.

hello houston!! I heard my bat phone ringing!

Yea, i'm sure we could find 3 guys from dfw group to play the 3 from htown.

count me in!!!

Perhaps a round at Pine Dunes

I need a non-7am weekend date or a pre-planned week day (Riverbend is an hour away from me and I like sleep). And a prospective member rate and/or free tour round of golf would help.
7am are the best tee times, one with the course.

I like that idea. Want to go back to play that course.

Never played pine dunes, I trust y'alls judgement though

When do we think would be good to schedule this for? What format are we thinking?

I'm personally available most weekends starting 4/23.

Having not played many team events, I defer to those with more experience in this area as to what format will allow us to make a fair match.

I think it would be cool to have four 9 hole matches somewhere. Maybe 3 team nines and 1 individual nine, similar to the Ryder Cup. Maybe like a 2 man scramble, best ball, alternate shot, match play... something like that. Mike and I play a tournament like that every year and it's a lot of fun.

Scheduling will be the tough part.

oops, accidentally posted twice...

Last edited:
I think it would be cool to have four 9 hole matches somewhere. Maybe 3 team nines and 1 individual nine, similar to the Ryder Cup. Maybe like a 2 man scramble, best ball, alternate shot, match play... something like that. Mike and I play a tournament like that every year and it's a lot of fun.

Scheduling will be the tough part.

Yes, I like that structure... What does your availability look like in the upcoming months for a Sat/Sun in Frankston, TX?

Yes, I like that structure... What does your availability look like in the upcoming months for a Sat/Sun in Frankston, TX?

It's tough to say right now, but I know that I am for sure out the weekend of June 25-26 as well as July 9-10. Probably out another weekend around June 25, depending on when my brother will be in town. Overall, I am pretty flexible from a scheduling perspective.

#LoneStarRivalry

Hello Houston!! I heard my bat phone ringing!

Yea, I'm sure we could find 3 guys from DFW group to play the 3 from HTown.

#LoneStarRivalry

I am thinking second or third weekend of July to kick off the #LoneStarRivalry. Would the 9th-10th or 16th-17th work for all of us?

I'll be in Branson the weekend of the 9th for that get together.

Ok,

Lets shoot for July 16th and 17th at Pine Dunes.

Can we get 4 from each city and then set up a 4 nine hole format like this... 2 man scramble, best ball, alternate shot, match play...

I'm in to beat up on some of the Dallas guys. One of them got the best of my boy Mike G. I want to play that guy.

Hey boys and girls, anyone familiar with the Conroe/Woodlands area enough to recommend a eatery for this evening while we wait traffic out to get downtown? Was thinking American or Italian if there are any restaurants you've been to that would get the thumbs up. Thanks!

Hey boys and girls, anyone familiar with the Conroe/Woodlands area enough to recommend a eatery for this evening while we wait traffic out to get downtown? Was thinking American or Italian if there are any restaurants you've been to that would get the thumbs up. Thanks!

Tons of great places there near the mall and on market street! Looking for nice or casual?

American go with Republic Grill or Jaspers

Houston Area THP group

American go with Republic Grill or Jaspers

I was going to say Jaspers. Great place good food. Also Brio for Tuscan

Back