What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. It sucks when you play difficult golf courses....

:bulgy-eyes:

Yeah I like to go for the easy ones. I find my scores are generally better at those courses than at difficult ones.

Past 2 days
greywolf rd1-87, rd 2-80
trickle creek 94
there is a coorelation between non CL days and days where refreshing bees are used.

played my local cheap course today.... $14 hot deal of the day on Golfnow.com.... at Limerick Golf Course... course was wet and great for pin seeking. shot a 69 -1 with a birdie on 18 for me. 12/18 GIR and only 30 putts... my putting was on fire today drained a lot of longer putts. and a ton more just missed. i think if my putting is on is the big difference on whether i can score low or score average for me. gonna be putting a ton of practice on the green with my putting after vacation. right now i just want to play a ton and enjoy all the hard work i've put in. these rounds feel so good. and my whole game has been really good and together.

Yeah I like to go for the easy ones. I find my scores are generally better at those courses than at difficult ones.

thats no fun... you should challenge yourself! i love playing hard courses!!!!

thats no fun... you should challenge yourself! i love playing hard courses!!!!

Haha me too sometimes. I just want to break 80 one time first. Lol.

Managed to get in at 69 today. 9 straight pars on the front, hitting 8 of 9 greens. Finally got going with a birdie on 10, followed later in the round by a bogey and another birdie. Only hit 5 of 9 greens on the back, but 13/18 for 72% GIR is good for me.

If only I could have made a couple more putts, it could have been a low number...

116 on my little home course... At least I'm staying under 120 there.

Hot, hot, hot though - started at 10 am, finished at 1 pm and already 100 deg. Gonna be 107 by 4.

Managed to get in at 69 today. 9 straight pars on the front, hitting 8 of 9 greens. Finally got going with a birdie on 10, followed later in the round by a bogey and another birdie. Only hit 5 of 9 greens on the back, but 13/18 for 72% GIR is good for me.

If only I could have made a couple more putts, it could have been a low number...

nice round. i felt the same today i was so close on like 4 other putts that died a inch right or left of the hole right at it. but i also drained a few that i normally wouldn't. guess it all comes out in the wash!

Thats a really nice round man! Congrats

nice round. i felt the same today i was so close on like 4 other putts that died a inch right or left of the hole right at it. but i also drained a few that i normally wouldn't. guess it all comes out in the wash!

Yeah, the course I was playing has small, fairly flat greens, so the fact that I didn't make a single birdie putt on the 8 greens I hit on the front was frustrating. I did make a 20-footer for par on 9 - it was the only time I was in real trouble other than the one bogey on the back all day.

Thats a really nice round man! Congrats

Thanks man. Best round I've played since getting back into the game pretty seriously this year. Always fun to put up a red number, even on a pretty easy course.

It was so dang hot today that we could barely finish the round, but we hung in there. I played well, but had three bad holes with two doubles and a triple. Still managed an 88 which was only a couple of shots over what I normally shoot. Taking into account the heat, I will take it.

I don't know how to categorize today.

I have been under the weather the last couple of days. I couldn't get out to play, but I have been sitting at my desk working like a fiend. So, I was feeling a little better today and figured I could afford an afternoon off. I have a lesson scheduled for Friday morning, so play today, take tomorrow off from golf, and then have a lesson on Friday.

I got to the course at 11:45, and the starter hustled me to the first tee with no warmup so I could get in front of a couple of foursomes. I started out hitting well off the tee, but my shots off the ground were serious hacker material. Dreadful. Starting at the 5th hole I lost my ability to hit tee shots as well. Lost a couple OB, hit one in the water, and my sleeve of Hex Blacks was gone. I hadn't brought any backups, so I was down to my leftover Pentas and the like. After nine, I figured I probably didn't belong on the course. I don't know what I shot....I picked up on two holes.

I was going to head home, but the driving range is free, so why not see if I can figure things out? I was on the range for 30 minutes. Shots went from horrid, to not so bad, to acceptable, to pretty dang good!

I asked the starter if I could give it another try, and he told me to have fun. The course was empty now, and with a thunderstorm on the horizon, it was getting emptier.

Long story short.....36/38 for a 74! 12/13 fairways, 12 GIRs, 4 bogeys, 2 birdies. 32 putts, and burned a bunch of edges. Best I have shot in at least 3 months.

I don't know if I hate my new instructor, or love him!

Walked 36 today........38/36 74 followed by a 38/38 76. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but still..I hate the first round after a PB.

Very solid rounds posted today, congrats to every one of you!

Nice shooting everyone!!!!

Not a very exciting 86 didn't do anything great 7 fw 7 greens 34 putts 1 birdie. Was just a casual round hit some shots I usually wouldn't attempt that added to the total. Great weather at least!

Got out for another 9 on another course. +1. Even for the day! I'll take it.

So, watching all you dudes in Myrtle Beach had me pumped up to play some golf in league tonight.

I shot a +1, 37. 6 fairways, and wait for it... 7/9 greens (thank you kbs tour 90s).

2 bogeys, 1 birdie, and my FIRST EVER closest to the pin win in the 4 years I've played in this league!

Closest to the pin came on a 168 yard par 3,all carry over water with a bunker to the right. Smooth 7 iron, landed just behind the pin and brought it back to about 5 feet!

I'm pretty awesome.

Yes you are. I'm proud of you dude, your hard work is paying off.

--
Tapatalk2

Nice round War! I like your last sentence, lol. And congrats on closest to the pin, nice shot!

Way to go Ryan, happy for you man!

Yes you are. I'm proud of you dude, your hard work is paying off.

--
Tapatalk2
I kept my swing thought of having a smooth tempo and it paid off. You saw what happened when I pressed when hitting my shots
Nice round War! I like your last sentence, lol. And congrats on closest to the pin, nice shot!
I speak the truth, brother

That's an exceptional 9 holes there buddy! Keep up the good work dude. Goes to show how important the right iron shafts can be for a guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back