Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

Im in the minority, where I enjoyed the hybrid, but it does not hold a candle to the one I hit today and put in my bag. Not for my swing anyway.

Similar. Very different sound. The X-Hot might have a few more yards to it, but I enjoy the adjustment here.

Do you think the shaft plays a big part in why you like the hybrid in your bag so much?

Played the AMP Cell FW Wood today and used it 3 times. It played so well it is making me rethink my fw wood setup.
That's awesome, I can't wait to get one in my bag ASAP!!!

Sorry, but the RBZ S2 was the best 3 wood in the pack, no AMP Cell. However, that hybrid is still calling my name. I'm thinking 4-5 blue.

Last edited:
Sorry, but the RBZ S2 was the beste 3 wood in the pack, no AMP Cell. However, that hybrid is still calling my name. I'm thinking 4-5 blue.

Haha I knew your impatience would lead to taking the wrapper off before hitting the cell!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Haha I knew your impatience would lead to taking the wrapper off before hitting the cell!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

You were right! However, I hit the AMP Cell along with others at Golf Galaxy (XHot, last year's RBZ, 910f, G25, and Covert) and the RBZ S2 won. It was honestly sooo much better (for me) than anything else out there. The thing about the AMP Cell is the sole shape. The AMP Cell is more rounded than the RBZ S2, and I like a flatter sole. However, like I said, the AMP Cell hybrid is for me.

Last edited:
Played the AMP Cell FW Wood today and used it 3 times. It played so well it is making me rethink my fw wood setup.

Great news JB. Glad you like these. I can't decide if I want to go with 1 or 2. Leaning two right now.

open question: how does the AMP Cell fairway perform off the deck? if you had to split a percentage between deck and tee, which would you rank better?

I'm still contemplating 2 woods and 2 hybrids no 4i... But we will see.

open question: how does the AMP Cell fairway perform off the deck? if you had to split a percentage between deck and tee, which would you rank better?

Will depend on the player. I still believe that the Mashie is the easiest to hit FW off the deck due to its small form factor and sole design. This one is rather shallow which helps, but to me off the deck is similar to others.

I've found it to perform quite well of the deck. I have the 3/4 and currently have it set to the 3 setting. I think I might bump up the loft a bit to get a higher ball flight off the deck. Might even see more distance as a result.

Will depend on the player. I still believe that the Mashie is the easiest to hit FW off the deck due to its small form factor and sole design. This one is rather shallow which helps, but to me off the deck is similar to others.

I like the shallow part!

good deal.
if i can hit this well enough off the deck, i may go with 1 FW, 1 hybo and add a 4 iron to the bag this year.

I'm still contemplating 2 woods and 2 hybrids no 4i... But we will see.
I was pondering that same setup, but then decided with the adjustability I could get away with 1 FW and 2 hybos and then make room for another wedge!

I'm going 2 FW's and 1 hybrid. A little iffy on which hybrid and part of that depends on the irons to me. But I will have the 3-4 wood and the 5-7. Might crank the 5-7 wood up to 20 degrees and then play the hybrid at 23.

I was pondering that same setup, but then decided with the adjustability I could get away with 1 FW and 2 hybos and then make room for another wedge!

I thought the same thing. But then I realized that I actually like taking 3/4 or 1/2 wedge shots. I seem to hit it fine when I have to not swing full power. But some guys can't. With a hybrid I can't but with a wedge I can. If that makes sense.

I like all the set-up pondering going on. I am going to have a boat load of headcovers in the bag this year I think. Right now I could see 2 fairways and 3 hybrids in the bag.

I like all the set-up pondering going on. I am going to have a boat load of headcovers in the bag this year I think. Right now I could see 2 fairways and 3 hybrids in the bag.

3/4, 5/7. 2/3, 3/4, 4/5? Or would you double up on 1 of the hybrids and play them at different lofts?

3/4, 5/7. 2/3, 3/4, 4/5? Or would you double up on 1 of the hybrids and play them at different lofts?

I was thinking one of each but the MyFly app keeps spitting out 2 4/5h and no 2/3h.

Thinking 1 of each for me. The versatility and adjustability will be amazing!

I mean 3/4w, 5/7w, 2/3h and 4/5h.

I was thinking one of each but the MyFly app keeps spitting out 2 4/5h and no 2/3h.

sounds like you are planning on a 5 hybrid of some sort. What irons are going with, at least at this moment in time?

sounds like you are planning on a 5 hybrid of some sort. What irons are going with, at least at this moment in time?

Amp Cell 6-PW, AMP Cell Pro Gap Wedge.

Amp Cell 6-PW, AMP Cell Pro Gap Wedge.

that's very similar to what I'm thinking. Only adding a 5 iron. I could end up AMP Cell Pro irons 6-GW and throwing in the 5 hybrid. But if I had to order right now I'd have the Blue AMP Cell irons with the PX shaft.

that's very similar to what I'm thinking. Only adding a 5 iron. I could end up AMP Cell Pro irons 6-GW and throwing in the 5 hybrid. But if I had to order right now I'd have the Blue AMP Cell irons with the PX shaft.

I like your style. I figure the AMP cell 6 iron is basically the same loft as my J40 5 iron. After that I get along better w/ hybrids for sure. I am thinking red to match the KBS shafts.

I like your style. I figure the AMP cell 6 iron is basically the same loft as my J40 5 iron. After that I get along better w/ hybrids for sure. I am thinking red to match the KBS shafts.

that would be a great looking combination. I'm interested in trying those KK graphite iron shafts as well.

Back