The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no shame, sir.

If it was 63 here I'd already have 18 holes in.
But you wouldn't need to use a cart enclosure or propane heater, haha.

Golf today? Prognosis negative
9f4b595bf4a5ff86224f04c7288d0c4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I miss the memo regarding Adult Coloring Books? An entire section at Barnes & Noble.

When did this become a craze?

Did I miss the memo regarding Adult Coloring Books? An entire section at Barnes & Noble.

After cookie started modeling I guess?

I just saw an effort on facebook by someone. Maybe it's because kids think parents need to play along and they are too good for the kiddy ones?

....or maybe America is regressing hahahahaha

I just saw an effort on facebook by someone. Maybe it's because kids think parents need to play along and they are too good for the kiddy ones?

....or maybe America is regressing hahahahaha

I'm more of a tic tac toe person

I'm more of a tic tac toe person

GG just bought a couple and actually really likes them. Calming and relaxing and I think like puzzles, good for motor skills long term.

GG just bought a couple and actually really likes them. Calming and relaxing and I think like puzzles, good for motor skills long term.

Meg bought some too.

I just had no clue this was a thing. Need to get out from under my rock, I think.

Meg bought some too.

I just had no clue this was a thing. Need to get out from under my rock, I think.

Rocks and bikes generally do not get along.
They also hurt if you step on them on the heel.

Saw an article on Thai recently. Something about getting away from reality and relaxing time for stressed out adults

Fantasy Football Champion!!! Was a hard fought season and I had doubts my line up would make it happen today! Cash money in the pocket for more THP events!

Ended up in my one and only, 35 minute drive, Dick's today because of my need to do something, anything, besides go to ULTA with my wife.

I was pretty disappointed in what I saw. (long banter/rant warning)

WOODS:
One Titleist rack. Full on both sides. That's cool.
TWO TaylorMade racks. Mostly full on both sides, with all kinds of random releases, from M1 to that infamous SLDR-C. But it was almost all Aero stuff and SLDR FW and Hybrids. It appeared overstocked, and there were only two M1 offerings.
One Callaway rack. Full on one side with XR and GBB Drivers. The other side was hybrids and some FWs. Cool.
One Cobra rack. Almost completely empty, and the newest thing on there was a Fly-Z. The rest was old BioCell stuff. Sad offering.
One Maxfli rack. Full of all their stuff. 5x more than the Cobra rack.
One Nike rack. Half full of Vapor FWs.
I did not even notice a PING rack. Really, DSG?

IRONS:
Callaway. Newest thing they had on the wall was XRs. Lots of X2Hot. Some of that N-14(?) bargain stuff.
TaylorMade. RSi series out the hoohah. Some old Speedblades. Some weird, new RBZ (?).
Wilson. The only thing I saw was the Reflex. Wow.
Ping. A couple of G30 and GMAX sets.
Cobra. Nothing new. In fact, I think I only saw a set of Fly-Zs.
Mizuno. JPX EZ and 850s.
Nike. Didn't see any.
Titlesist. Some 714s and one set of 716.
No Cleveland.

WEDGES:
Boatload of Vokeys.
About six RTX, Trusty Rusty, and TM (various).
Maybe 20 various Callaway from MD2, MD3, and a couple PMs.
About 50 TopFlite, Maxfli, and / or Reflex.
NO Ping or Mizuno.

PUTTERS:
Bunch of Odyssey. Can't complain a bit about the vast Odyssey selection.
A few new(?) TM GHOST stuff. Pretty nice.
Four Scottys.
Half a wall of TopFlite bargain stuff.
No Ping.
No Cleveland.

BALLS:
Nothing but old stuff.
Sales on most of that, but didn't see anything really new. And what was there was lightly stocked.
Unless you wanted Maxfli or those RAW DISTANCE balls, they had groups of that.

Anywho....the feeling I got walking thru was that you either bought TM, Titleist, or Cally (in that order) and nothing else much mattered. I felt like they are going really hard on the store branded stuff, moreso than I remember, and are getting weak on OEM stuff. Well, except TM, there's tons of that.
To not have ANYTHING new on the shelves was quite depressing. Nothing. There wasn't anything newer than a GBB or M1 on the floor. Is it just our DSG?

Ended up in my one and only, 35 minute drive, Dick's today because of my need to do something, anything, besides go to ULTA with my wife.

I was pretty disappointed in what I saw. (long banter/rant warning)

WOODS:
One Titleist rack. Full on both sides. That's cool.
TWO TaylorMade racks. Mostly full on both sides, with all kinds of random releases, from M1 to that infamous SLDR-C. But it was almost all Aero stuff and SLDR FW and Hybrids. It appeared overstocked, and there were only two M1 offerings.
One Callaway rack. Full on one side with XR and GBB Drivers. The other side was hybrids and some FWs. Cool.
One Cobra rack. Almost completely empty, and the newest thing on there was a Fly-Z. The rest was old BioCell stuff. Sad offering.
One Maxfli rack. Full of all their stuff. 5x more than the Cobra rack.
One Nike rack. Half full of Vapor FWs.
I did not even notice a PING rack. Really, DSG?

IRONS:
Callaway. Newest thing they had on the wall was XRs. Lots of X2Hot. Some of that N-14(?) bargain stuff.
TaylorMade. RSi series out the hoohah. Some old Speedblades. Some weird, new RBZ (?).
Wilson. The only thing I saw was the Reflex. Wow.
Ping. A couple of G30 and GMAX sets.
Cobra. Nothing new. In fact, I think I only saw a set of Fly-Zs.
Mizuno. JPX EZ and 850s.
Nike. Didn't see any.
Titlesist. Some 714s and one set of 716.
No Cleveland.

WEDGES:
Boatload of Vokeys.
About six RTX, Trusty Rusty, and TM (various).
Maybe 20 various Callaway from MD2, MD3, and a couple PMs.
About 50 TopFlite, Maxfli, and / or Reflex.
NO Ping or Mizuno.

PUTTERS:
Bunch of Odyssey. Can't complain a bit about the vast Odyssey selection.
A few new(?) TM GHOST stuff. Pretty nice.
Four Scottys.
Half a wall of TopFlite bargain stuff.
No Ping.
No Cleveland.

BALLS:
Nothing but old stuff.
Sales on most of that, but didn't see anything really new. And what was there was lightly stocked.
Unless you wanted Maxfli or those RAW DISTANCE balls, they had groups of that.

Anywho....the feeling I got walking thru was that you either bought TM, Titleist, or Cally (in that order) and nothing else much mattered. I felt like they are going really hard on the store branded stuff, moreso than I remember, and are getting weak on OEM stuff. Well, except TM, there's tons of that.
To not have ANYTHING new on the shelves was quite depressing. Nothing. There wasn't anything newer than a GBB or M1 on the floor. Is it just our DSG?

Yeah, that sounds like a pretty poor offering. It use to be fun to go into DSG to check out the golf offerings, but not anymore. Sad really.

Our DSGs are pathetic too, Toad, so I can relate.

first time on my laptop this weekend and just now noticing the new staff member tags. i like the blue

first time on my laptop this weekend and just now noticing the new staff member tags. i like the blue

They were actually just done. I like them too, and love GolferGal's new one.

They were actually just done. I like them too, and love GolferGal's new one.

Haha just saw it. I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back