Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

Marriott Card Huge Bonus 80k signup.

• Limited Time! Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past 24 months
  • Enjoy 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-5 location every year after your account anniversary date!
  • For every $1 spent, earn 5 points at 3,800 Marriott locations, 2 points on airline ticket purchases directly with airlines, at car rental agencies & restaurants and 1 point everywhere else
  • The fastest way to earn Marriott Rewards points towards free nights
  • No limit to how many points you can earn
  • Pay no foreign transaction fees and enjoy wider acceptance when you travel with your embedded chip card and you make purchases at chip-enabled card readers
  • All for an $85 Annual Fee

Dang it

What does 80K equate to in nights stay at a Marriott? Can the miles be transferred / used for airfare?

What does 80K equate to in nights stay at a Marriott? Can the miles be transferred / used for airfare?

Transfer rates to miles are not good.
Gaylord Palms is 30k per night
There are Fairfields in the 10k range.

Its not as good as some other offers, especially considering the stays needed for status, but its good for bonus.

1 more night away from Marriott Gold, which should be accomplished Sunday night with our stay at the Gaylord!

and I believe 25 more nights gets me PLatinum Elite which I think gets me some kind of status with United (low end status, I think like Premier Silver)

This was the thread I needed.

I think I know the answer to this, but I just want to make 100% sure... The Hyatt 2 free nights after spending 1k in 3 months, good for ANY Hyatt property in the world, correct? I'm wanting to get back out to California again next year, this time to either Santa Barbara or Big Sur area. Looks like there are 2 Hyatt's in Carmel, but really looking at the Hyatt Carmel Highlands. Rates run like $600 a night.. so holy crap at the value there.

Reported this morning that Marriott will be buying Starwood, wonder if that'll shake things up with rewards.

Reported this morning that Marriott will be buying Starwood, wonder if that'll shake things up with rewards.

Everybody was waiting for the shoe to drop. It was either going to be Marriott, Hyatt or IHG taking them in. It will be interesting to see how it impacts SPG rewards and credit cards, because frankly SPG Rewards and Marriott are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Hilton Honors has a great promotion going on right now.
Diamond Status Match. But unlike most. All you have to do is show them top tier status at any other program, and they will give you Diamond Hilton status.
Just did it and am now Hilton Diamond again through March of 2017.

Well that seems easy what's diamond get ya?

Edit i found the page with the bennies

I will glady take a free upgrade to Diamond , thanks for the heads up just fired off the email

Yeah it took me 1 minute to send the email and 3 days for them to get back to me with my new Diamond Status. We had Diamond previously with Hilton and liked it quite a bit. Switched to Hyatt because we feel they have the best program right now, as well as the best lower priced hotels (see courtyard or Fairfield vs Hampton vs Four Points vs Hyatt Place), but Hilton's program still has some to offer and getting diamond for free does not hurt.

Yeah it took me 1 minute to send the email and 3 days for them to get back to me with my new Diamond Status. We had Diamond previously with Hilton and liked it quite a bit. Switched to Hyatt because we feel they have the best program right now, as well as the best lower priced hotels (see courtyard or Fairfield vs Hampton vs Four Points vs Hyatt Place), but Hilton's program still has some to offer and getting diamond for free does not hurt.

I like free

I saw this thread pop up and was thinking of posting in here asking on options on the best hotel program these days. Going to be traveling a bit more for work, and since there's a Metro station near there, I have a few more options. What do you like about Hyatt vs. the Hilton program?

I saw this thread pop up and was thinking of posting in here asking on options on the best hotel program these days. Going to be traveling a bit more for work, and since there's a Metro station near there, I have a few more options. What do you like about Hyatt vs. the Hilton program?

All programs have their merits. We chose Hyatt because their lower cost hotels are significantly nicer (in my opinion) to that of other chains. Their higher end are on par with everybody else and their program, is fantastic comparatively to others out there for status. The downside of course is less options.

I agree with Josh. I went Hilton credit card because we stay mostly in Hilton hotels for work, but outside of a couple brand new Hampton inns I have stayed in.. The low end hyatts are more impressive

I agree with Josh. I went Hilton credit card because we stay mostly in Hilton hotels for work, but outside of a couple brand new Hampton inns I have stayed in.. The low end hyatts are more impressive

I have the Hilton Credit Card too, because its a solid backup program and now once again have Diamond in both. Starwood previously would have gotten love, although their lower end hotels are borderline awful. But the entire program is in crazy time right now with the merger.

All programs have their merits. We chose Hyatt because their lower cost hotels are significantly nicer (in my opinion) to that of other chains. Their higher end are on par with everybody else and their program, is fantastic comparatively to others out there for status. The downside of course is less options.

Thanks - luckily I usually can stay in a nicer hotel for business travel, as we're paying the negotiated government rate, but that's good to know for personal travel. I've liked some of the updates they've done to the Courtyards, but the rest of Marriott's lower priced properties are pretty unfortunate.

Thanks - luckily I usually can stay in a nicer hotel for business travel, as we're paying the negotiated government rate, but that's good to know for personal travel. I've liked some of the updates they've done to the Courtyards, but the rest of Marriott's lower priced properties are pretty unfortunate.

And to accumulate status at Marriott is harder than most other chains, whereas the benefits are identical.
I also would say that if you compare a Hyatt Regency to a Hilton or Double Tree (cost is similar), the Hyatts are much nicer.
Once again the only issue one would find is that there are significantly less of them.

As a program for rewards, you will not find any that compete with Hyatt right now in terms of redemption and options. SPG could have given it a run for the money, but that is no longer.

Just got the email confirming i am now Diamond with hilton which will go noce with the elite platinum at Marriott

Fortunately I was able to keep my Hyatt Diamond for 2016 and also got the status match to have Diamond with Hilton again too. Gold with SPG, so not sure what that will mean with current merger plans.

#Status4Days

Back