The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad news about Andy Reid's son yesterday. My thought go out to him and his family.

+1, what a sad situation for not only the Reid family but the extended Eagles football family as well. Sounds like most of the team will be there for the funeral. Very very sad.

Terrell Owens is signing with the Seahawks. I wonder if he has anything left in the tank.

Terrell Owens is signing with the Seahawks. I wonder if he has anything left in the tank.

How much they paying him? He struggled in arena ball sooooo.........maybe a good 3rd receiver although there are a lot of good # 3's on teams now.

I think he'll be surprisingly good. His biggest downfall in Seattle will be having no QB.

TO was better then Chad Johnson in 2010 when they both last played together in Cinci and he's always in good shape. Is he worth the club house headache though? They dont have much else in Seattle so why not.

Sounds like a little tussle at Jet's camp, something about a RB and the RB coach's son, weird, but typical Jets!

$1m

How much they paying him? He struggled in arena ball sooooo.........maybe a good 3rd receiver although there are a lot of good # 3's on teams now.

Thankfully Tebow intervened before any blood was shed

Sounds like a little tussle at Jet's camp, something about a RB and the RB coach's son, weird, but typical Jets!

He is always in good shape but really what does it say about the receivers they have there if TO is getting another shot to mess up another locker room?

391430_335580993196417_1455194301_n.jpg

Ummm what is going on here?

Honestly, just another example of the media trying to create the story where there is none. This sort of thing happens everywhere every year. I can't remember the last time the Patriots made it through a training camp without a fight, and I know for a fact they had a massive 'melee' last week in front of the season ticket holders and local Foxboro crowd. I'm just not aware of anyone in the national media who cared since the Patriots are the 'good guys' and the jets are the 'bad guys'.

391430_335580993196417_1455194301_n.jpg

Ummm what is going on here?
Hernandez was complaining that he tweaked his elbow during a drill and Belichick was mocking him with the old "aww...poor baby, you want me to kiss it and make it all better?" routine.

Either that, or Hernandez was bit by a rattlesnake and Bill is attempting to suck out the poison... lol. Either way, that's just a very disturbing picture.

He is always in good shape but really what does it say about the receivers they have there if TO is getting another shot to mess up another locker room?

I don't think TO is as bad a teammate as he's often portrayed. Heck, Carson Palmer recommended him to Pete Carroll.

I do think TO has some real problems, but as a football player I like him and appreciate that he's one of the hardest workers in the league.

I don't think TO is as bad a teammate as he's often portrayed. Heck, Carson Palmer recommended him to Pete Carroll.

I do think TO has some real problems, but as a football player I like him and appreciate that he's one of the hardest workers in the league.
I agree that he's more 'troubled' than he is a 'bad guy' but I also think you need to be careful how much you rely on guys who have shown potentially serious character flaws. It can be a real short road from "I'm just happy to be here" to "throw me the #$@% ball."

TO is a great teammate as long as the team is winning and he is getting the ball. When that goes wrong, which is really possible with the Seahawks then he can become a distraction to the team and in the locker room.

I think he'll be surprisingly good. His biggest downfall in Seattle will be having no QB.

Apparently you missed the signing of Miracle Matt Flynn. Guy's going to be a superstar. Next Green Bay quarterback product is Graham Harrell.

Kevin

Hard Knocks time! After watching this, I'm sure I will be way too optimistic about the Dolphins' chances this year.

Hard Knocks time! After watching this, I'm sure I will be way too optimistic about the Dolphins' chances this year.

Philbin and Sherman are going to do a good job, there, Ary. I promise. Who do they have running the ball and at tight end down there? You got a big blocking tight end, or an extra mobile O-lineman on the squad? When Sherman was coaching the Packers, they ran this office they called U-Heavy, or something like that, where they lined up an OT at TE. Ahman Green both ran and caught the ball out of that formation, and they were awesome on offense. He had a monster year. Sherman is a really good offensive coach. Just don't let him draft for you.

Kevin

Philbin and Sherman are going to do a good job, there, Ary. I promise. Who do they have running the ball and at tight end down there? You got a big blocking tight end, or an extra mobile O-lineman on the squad? When Sherman was coaching the Packers, they ran this office they called U-Heavy, or something like that, where they lined up an OT at TE. Ahman Green both ran and caught the ball out of that formation, and they were awesome on offense. He had a monster year. Sherman is a really good offensive coach. Just don't let him draft for you.

Kevin

We already have someone else to screw up our drafting for us, thank you very much.

Reggie Bush is going to be the starter at RB for them, hopefully he can stay healthy for another year. In terms of mobile O-lineman, they used to move Jake Long around when they ran the Wildcat to get to an unbalanced line, maybe the same thing will happen this year. In terms of big blocking tight ends, I don't really see a guy to do that, tight end is one of the weak spots on the team this year. I think that 8-8 would be a good season for the Dolphins.

We already have someone else to screw up our drafting for us, thank you very much.

Reggie Bush is going to be the starter at RB for them, hopefully he can stay healthy for another year. In terms of mobile O-lineman, they used to move Jake Long around when they ran the Wildcat to get to an unbalanced line, maybe the same thing will happen this year. In terms of big blocking tight ends, I don't really see a guy to do that, tight end is one of the weak spots on the team this year. I think that 8-8 would be a good season for the Dolphins.

When it comes to running the ball, Bush is no Ahman Green, but he can catch. The Packers also had a really powerful classic screen pass game when Sherman was coach and Philbin worked for him.

Kevin

I like what I'm seeing out of Philbin. I don't know what type of gameday coach he will be, but I like his attitude on this show.

I like Philbin even more because he dropped in a George Costanza mention at the end of the show!

Daniel Thomas appears to be a solid back for Reggie if e stays healthy as well

Packers-Chargers tomorrow. How sweet is it that football is back?

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back