The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Why do you think the SC is better for him? B/c that's what he used to putt with? He switched to the Method prior to the Open Championship in 2010 and it is well documented that he was struggling with his beloved Newport 2 (kind of like the one in your sig) prior to the switch. If there's one thing that Nike ever got right, it was with that original Method putter.
In addition to agreeing with your sentiment about Nike, I'd have to think that if the problem was simple as "he can putt great with this but not with that" that his camp would be able to figure something out pretty easily.

I love how much Brandel Chamblee rips Tiger Woods apart. On the one hand it gets old and annoying but the arguments he makes are compelling and make sense. He rips me up inside about it.

I love how much Brandel Chamblee rips Tiger Woods apart. On the one hand it gets old and annoying but the arguments he makes are compelling and make sense. He rips me up inside about it.

Chamblee is going to rip apart any swing that isn't the Harmon swing or Ben Hogan's swing. Tiger could go out and shoot 55 and Chamblee would say how if he were still with Butch it would have been a 52. However, Chamblee gets people to watch so he's the Golf Channel's Johnny Miller I suppose.

And he's kind of intelligent, knows what he's talking about, and makes pretty good points.

And he's kind of intelligent, knows what he's talking about, and makes pretty good points.

Thank you TC, I agree I do all those things quite well.

Thank you TC, I agree I do all those things quite well.

Only when it comes to golf shoes and Antonia Romo

Only when it comes to golf shoes and Antonia Romo

What do you see from Tiger this weekend? Decent starting round, average Friday, then on moving day he moves but in the wrong direction and out of contention only to shoot a good Sunday round because hes out of it? I agree.

What do you see from Tiger this weekend? Decent starting round, average Friday, then on moving day he moves but in the wrong direction and out of contention only to shoot a good Sunday round because hes out of it? I agree.

I see a top 10 finish. He'll play that boring golf where he takes no chances and makes no birdies but it keeps him in it.

I see a top 10 finish. He'll play that boring golf where he takes no chances and makes no birdies but it keeps him in it.

ugh. I hate boring golf Tiger. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz I hope Rick Fowler lights it up or something.

At this point with Tiger I see
Average round Thursday
Average round Friday
Bad round Saturday
Average round Sunday

He needs to find the aggression that is missing and needs to get back the swagger he has lost.

From Tigger I see bad golf Thursday and Friday. Bad golf for Tigger = barely making the cut. Then a good weekend for a backdoor top 10 or 20.

I think he comes away with a top 3 finish. Dunno why. I just have a feeling maybe he'll do well this week. Or I could be wrong and he misses the cut. Really, I have no idea.

He will have to play the par 5's well. I think as long as the wind stays down on the par 5's you will have to make 4 or else you'll be losing shots to the field.

I see Tiger getting in the top 5......I do agree with blind luck, we need some more swagger and aggression from Tiger.

Seeing all these tabletop greens if his wedges haven't improved he is done and out of it on the first day. If he has got his wedge game top 5.

Nothing else will matter but his wedge game. Until he's hitting it pin high with extreme regularity, he's not going to be the same. It's what made Tiger Tiger. It's what makes his putting good. It's what makes his bad drives okay.

Skipped off the pond using Tapatalk

I've got a question for Tiger. How the hell can you be striping your irons and you're not able to hit a damn wedge?!?!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Looks like it will be wet and soft so he needs to bring his driver (and maybe those wide fairways will help his confidence). No way he can leave himself 200+ iron shots into those greens. Wedge game won't matter much if he never gets into wedge distance...

Looks like it will be wet and soft so he needs to bring his driver (and maybe those wide fairways will help his confidence). No way he can leave himself 200+ iron shots into those greens. Wedge game won't matter much if he never gets into wedge distance...

I sure do agree with you. It'll be interesting to see what happens if he's forced to hit driver.

Coming, this sunday:

tigar-uppercut.jpg

I sure do agree with you. It'll be interesting to see what happens if he's forced to hit driver.

With the course measuring in at 7.676 (making it the longest ever used for a major) and the soft conditions making long run-outs unlikely, I reckon he won't have a choice. Of course if he booms it down the middle of the fairway and then overshoots the green with a wedge it won't do him much good.

I think he's going to have to hit it regardless. If he doesn't I'll be severely disappointed because I just don't think there's any way he can win.

He just need his short game this week...short irons/wedges and putters. His putting is so close and he can feel it, but he short irons/wedge into the green, I am so surprised that he can't control the distance. Some shots are off by 2 club length...that is not the old tiger.

If he can control his short irons into the green, he will have a good chance this week.

But arn't the fairways fairly wide... might not be that big of an issue, unless he is WAY off with the big stick.

But arn't the fairways fairly wide... might not be that big of an issue, unless he is WAY off with the big stick.

Which to be honest he has been at times lately. I'm rooting for him, but he needs to keep the big misses to a minimum.

Back