highvoltage

Reaction score
Handicap
Going next saturday to get fitted for clubs already found the ones that I felt really comfotable with. My question is how long does it take to get the clubs after the fitting. I am about 6'2 180 so i think they will have to lenghten the clubs for me. Do they order them from the factory or do they make the changes there. I have not had fitted clubs before.

Completely dependent on the place you are going and the changes that need to be made.

going to dicks sporting goods. they have hands down best prices in my area right now.

going to dicks sporting goods. they have hands down best prices in my area right now.

Was price the only reason you chose them? I looked at club fitters in that area and there are at least 3 fitters that have a great selection and Trackman. You also have a Callaway Performance Center. There are probably some good independent fitters around also. IMO money should be one of the last criteria for a fitting.

Take a look at some of these videos on fitting from Tom Wishon.

http://wishongolf.com/technology/videos/

As a disclaimer I do sell and play Wishon but the fit is why I am suggesting these videos.....

hackin

No I had ideas going into this on what I wanted and liked and felt comfortable to me off the shelf. So I went to a couple places to look and see what was going on. But at the end of the day I am getting quality stuff for the same price.

I am gunna be getting Taylor Made R11 irons. With the R11s driver and woods.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted on feedback of the fitting.

No I had ideas going into this on what I wanted and liked and felt comfortable to me off the shelf. So I went to a couple places to look and see what was going on. But at the end of the day I am getting quality stuff for the same price.

I am gunna be getting Taylor Made R11 irons. With the R11s driver and woods.

Sounds good .... I have always felt that satisfaction with what you play is more important than all the numbers. We have a affiliation with TM through my golf team. I been more than satisfied with the equipment my kids have choosen.

hackin

Sounds good .... I have always felt that satisfaction with what you play is more important than all the numbers. We have a affiliation with TM through my golf team. I been more than satisfied with the equipment my kids have choosen.

hackin
Yea i should have explained myself a little better. I tried out at 6 or 7 different clubs. Each one had its own characteristics. But the R11s felt so different. I really didnt like the rocketballz irons at all. The titleist AP2's were prolly number 2. Suprisingly the TM TP muscle backs felt good but I just didnt like the trajectory on them. Was able to get the ball up but not far enough up were I could have confidence in them at all.

Yea i should have explained myself a little better. I tried out at 6 or 7 different clubs. Each one had its own characteristics. But the R11s felt so different. I really didnt like the rocketballz irons at all. The titleist AP2's were prolly number 2. Suprisingly the TM TP muscle backs felt good but I just didnt like the trajectory on them. Was able to get the ball up but not far enough up were I could have confidence in them at all.

NO problem I just have seen so many folks think they were getting fit and had no clue as to what it entails.

I hit the R11 irons with the the KBS C-taper in them from a demo cart. I was interested in the shaft so I had them change heads during my hitting as this eliminates the head design. I must say the R11 was a surprise to me. It was almost point and shoot.

Make sure you try different weight configurations in the R11s driver and different weights in the 3 wood. Especially try moving the weights around toe to heel as this changes the way the driver feels to most folks drastically. I have fit 3 guys with shafts and weights in this driver with my school kit. They all needed a different weight configurations. In fact for one guy swapping the factory weights toe to heel made it where he couldn't hit it at all. Putting them back to factory configuration changed it back to where he could hit it. Another guy needed lighter weights and the same weight toe and heel. Until then he couldn't hit it at all and now loves it.....Point is make then change weights until you find the best combination!!!

hackin

I ordered my Callaways through Golf Galaxy and it took 6 days.

I ordered my Callaways through Golf Galaxy and it took 6 days.

Thats not a bad turn around for them. I just know its late in the season so I wanna try to get as many rounds as I can as long as work permits. Hoping for maybe 10 -15 rounds. That way during the winter season I can make a practice goal list.

Went to dicks sporiting goods today to get fitted for these irons. Suprisingly these irons fit perfect no need to adjust anything but maybe the lie on the club. But that had to do more then my stance had a couple alternatives decieded on seeing if I can change my swing slightly to make up for it. If not I will send it into taylor made for an adjustment after the season is over. I got my swing speed recorded average was 116. That would be with about 80 percent effort keeping it controlled.

Back