THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until you see our gas bill for this trip. The excitement is scary. :act-up:

You don't have a motel bill like we will. Kidding, gas is not cheap at all in one of those. You guys are giving up so much time and money for everyone on the forum, the least we can do is show up to support all you do for us. Can't wait for this.

JB I am sure you have said it before but what is the MPG on that big rig? Like 8?

I think he previously said 7 MPG. I can't even fathom that bill - definitely worth the cost of a flight to spend a great weekend with a bunch of THP'ers in my book!

I can't wait to start seeing the roster to get an idea of who all are planning to attend. There's always some changes, but sounds like a ton of THP'ers, new and veterans, making the trek. I personally want to play some with everyone who's coming, impossible or not. Something like this needs to last a month, or at least a week, lol.

I can't wait to start seeing the roster to get an idea of who all are planning to attend. There's always some changes, but sounds like a ton of THP'ers, new and veterans, making the trek. I personally want to play some with everyone who's coming, impossible or not. Something like this needs to last a month, or at least a week, lol.

Haha a month long tour even would be EPIC

Ill bring something else for you to serve me haha

All right! two customers! that's more than my average when I actually did bartend at a townie bar in Iowa city for a few months. They'd drink a pitcher, and I'd drink the profits.

Until you see our gas bill for this trip. The excitement is scary. :act-up:

We definitely appreciate that your coming! Given all the excitement in this thread, I think your kind of a big deal here in the midwest.

A week long tour of central Iowa golf courses. While I could handle the golf, I'm pretty sure it would be all the after-golf activities that would kill me.

With all of the people that appear to be coming, as well as the number of albatross members in this thread, I hope the tour van can fit all of the requested equipment!

~Rock

I just found out I have to work the weekend of 9/15-9/16 seeing the fine folks who were arrested the night before and decide whether to let them out or give them a nice air conditioned place to stay. I will have to see if one of the other judges will swap their weekend with me. Not happy.

I just found out I have to work the weekend of 9/15-9/16 seeing the fine folks who were arrested the night before and decide whether to let them out or give them a nice air conditioned place to stay. I will have to see if one of the other judges will swap their weekend with me. Not happy.

I hear ya, I had to get one of my cops buddies to cover for me so I could go..

Oh you NEED to be there. We have so much to talk about! :alien:

I guess I don't know what county your a magistrate in, but surely A) one of your fellow magistrates will cover it, or B) here in rural Iowa, the magistrate only has to see maybe a 2-3 people per weekend day. Surely you could get in and out in time for some golf! "Bond is set at $100,000, 10% cash." I mean, hey, if they don't like it, they'll just get court appointed counsel to file an application to reduce bond. And if they're looking at good jail time, they might as well spend time in county and get some credit towards their prison sentence.

~Rock

Linn County. Average number of people seen every weekend morning is 25-35, so it takes about 3 hours by the time I do all the paperwork.

Linn County. Average number of people seen every weekend morning is 25-35, so it takes about 3 hours by the time I do all the paperwork.

Sweet I spent night in your fine establishment about 15 years ago for Public Intox.

Yea, Linn would be a much busier jail system, than say (one of the few hints ever posted on here of where I live), Wayne County or Decatur County. I hope it works out for you. Just don't be surprised if I refer to you as "your honor" and "judge" the entire weekend if you do make it.

~Rock

If you call me that then you're not likely to like the names I come up with for you. I'm just sayin'.

Let me know where everyone is staying. I need one room for me that is big enough to house the hookers...ummm, I mean friends that are staying.

I Kid!!!!

Only 41 more days until September 15! I can't wait!

Let me know where everyone is staying. I need one room for me that is big enough to house the hookers...ummm, I mean friends that are staying.

I Kid!!!!

Do caddies typically do all the work necessary to make sure their player has adequate breakfast and lodging?

Kidding, can't wait for this event.

Do caddies typically do all the work necessary to make sure their player has adequate breakfast and lodging?

Kidding, can't wait for this event.

Oh, it goes much deeper than that...

fluff your pillow
peel your orange
wash your balls
walk your dog
shout out your stains
trim your nails
supply your beer
carry your luggage

It goes on and on man, make sure you get your money's worth, hehe

Oh, it goes much deeper than that...

fluff your pillow
peel your orange
wash your balls
walk your dog
shout out your stains
trim your nails
supply your beer
carry your luggage

It goes on and on man, make sure you get your money's worth, hehe

So would it even include posting to THP or typing on their behalf???

I am getting so pumped for this! Ready to meet some of you guys and tee it up! I will make sure to bring about 3 dozen golf balls

Anybody interested in doing a friendly team competition of sorts?

Nothing complex or serious. I'll give it some thought. I think we'll have a good spread of hcps so we could make something fun out of it where everyboy gets in the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back