What's the weirdest thing happened to you on the course today?

JoeyJoeJo

Reaction score
I'm on the 3rd, standing over a 3ft putt when I get completely distracted by the sound of......

monkeys!!

The course is about half a mile from the zoo and the acoustics must have been just right at feeding time! V weird, never thought monkeys would be a factor in my game!!

This hail storm on 18

supedyzu.jpg

Or

6upu7asy.jpg

My first week in Arizona for college this little guy nestled under my cart

Flew the green on 4, hit the ball washer on the 5 tee and it bounced back on the 4 green.

My first week in Arizona for college this little guy nestled under my cart

Well. I can't imagine much is going to match that! I'll bet that got the adrenaline flowing!!

I'm on the 3rd, standing over a 3ft putt when I get completely distracted by the sound of......

monkeys!!

The course is about half a mile from the zoo and the acoustics must have been just right at feeding time! V weird, never thought monkeys would be a factor in my game!!

If I wanted to hear Monkeys on the course I would bring my grandkids!

Flew the green on 4, hit the ball washer on the 5 tee and it bounced back on the 4 green.

Nice!

I'm saying was monkeys, just saw in the news they artificially inseminated a panda today......

The course I play the most shares a property line with a zoo so you are always hearing some kind of animal noises. Especially n the five closest holes, never heard of it affecting someone's shot though.

Craziest thing that ever happened to me was I got 2 birdies in my round. Ha!

Wow TimG, that is crazy.

It was pretty crazy

I went off as a single and teamed up with two good guys. We were behind a foursome of 3 adults and 1 kid who was maybe 5. The weirdest thing about the day was that as a threesome we only caught and waited on this foursome one time the whole day, and ended up finishing the round in less than 4 hours. That is virtually unheard of at this particular course...and to have it happen with a child in front of us was extremely weird.

What's the weirdest thing happened to you on the course today?

Not today but short while back. We're on 15 and hear a constant call out loud across the golf course (chester) "ccchhhhhheeeeessssstttterrrr" repeatedly on going for quite a while. Then we get to 16 and hear it louder abd still constant. Then I see hoof prints across the fairway and on the green. Aparently a horse got lose and I was told its happened before. It ws actualy quite amusing and you can see all golfers looking around for a horse as it was farmiliar to some. Of course not so amusing for any greens with hoof prints but from what I was told even though its happened before it hasnt been real troublesome thankfully. But it was pretty funny and we were hoping to see the horse but we didnt.

Now I feel like an idiot and skimmed the title and didn't see the "today" part.

Whoops

Standing on the first tee box, going threw how awesome I am in my head and going to smash this drive. There is a big line of walk ons waiting and about 3 groups stacked up. I walk up and address the ball the crowd goes quite as you would expect. I start my back swing right as I reach the top and start heading down the STARTER looking right at me blares over the PA system calling the next group. Blocked the shot trying to get everything to stop way out to the right into the next fairway over the road you drive in on. Needless to say I almost threw my driver at him, that is at least one person that should know better. I heard a few other say how messed up it was. I was too mad to take a second shot. Then by the time we got over to the 15th The marshal had come out and pulled all the flags from the green. We called the proshop and after about 15 trys they answer and say "he is collecting them so they don't get stolen at night, he will bring out the others (cheaper ones without range finder prisms) in a few" While we were still on the course. What a day, what a day.

Now I feel like an idiot and skimmed the title and didn't see the "today" part.

Whoops

I'd have been traumatised for life! (and would be posting the pics any time I could!)

Well, yesterday, the wind started blowing strong about the 15th hole. Our #17 is a long par 5 that played just dead head-on into that wind; probably 15-20mph.
I kid you not, I hit driver off the tee, driver off the deck, driver off the deck, gap wedge chip up, and a putt for par.
That wind turned 570ish yards into at least 675 and I could only hit driver about 220 at a time.

Well, yesterday, the wind started blowing strong about the 15th hole. Our #17 is a long par 5 that played just dead head-on into that wind; probably 15-20mph.
I kid you not, I hit driver off the tee, driver off the deck, driver off the deck, gap wedge chip up, and a putt for par.
That wind turned 570ish yards into at least 675 and I could only hit driver about 220 at a time.

Welcome to my world there stud puppy :D.

Anyways yesterday I had a shot I had to literally stand on my toes to avoid standing in a trap, which would have caused the ball to be too high for me to strike solid. I manged to hit a really beautiful shot from this weird toe hanging shot with heel dangling off the edge of the trap. While fully admiring this shot walking back to the cart, I slammed into the cart not realizing it was parked so close. Nearly knocked my fricking cap & glasses slap off my head. I did cut my lower leg/shin on the bottom of the cart. The bad thing is KellyBo was laughing so hard she almost peed all over herself. :bulgy-eyes: She had tears coming out of her eyes while I was standing there cussing the cart out for being so blame close :beat-up:! I did have a birdie putt which I slid by the hole and came out with a par. That was the first time a par caused me a dinged up leg and bruised lip :alien:

Anyways yesterday I had a shot I had to literally stand on my toes to avoid standing in a trap, which would have caused the ball to be too high for me to strike solid. I manged to hit a really beautiful shot from this weird toe hanging shot with heel dangling off the edge of the trap. While fully admiring this shot walking back to the cart, I slammed into the cart not realizing it was parked so close. Nearly knocked my fricking cap & glasses slap off my head. I did cut my lower leg/shin on the bottom of the cart. The bad thing is KellyBo was laughing so hard she almost peed all over herself. :bulgy-eyes: She had tears coming out of her eyes while I was standing there cussing the cart out for being so blame close :beat-up:! I did have a birdie putt which I slid by the hole and came out with a par. That was the first time a par caused me a dinged up leg and bruised lip :alien:

Thanks OG, I almost choked on my drink reading that and trying not to laugh :D

This past Saturday and Sunday there was a Civil War re-enactment at the HS across from my course. So the sound of army men screaming, cannons, and gun fire could be heard at every hole. It was quite amusing seeing my playing partners try and hit golf shots with the boom of cannons going off in their back swings!! LOL

This was the funniest thing I've ever seen on a golf course. OG admiring his shot so long that he literally walked right into the cart full speed ahead. I laughed so hard that I couldn't even take my next shot. In fact, I messed up a beautiful drive with a duff because I couldn't compose myself.

KB,
New rule. We need to have a camera crew following around OG at all times.

Back