Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

Come on over to that other thread and I can talk to you about how those feel on a pure struck shot. How you can have them refinished to look like new whenever you want (if you want). I can tell you about how the grooves will never go dull in your lifetime no matter how many balls you strike. I'll talk to you about 23 straight GIR's on Par 3's...

We can talk...I'm here for you.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

More great points dude. The 20's are in the bag for tomorrow's round so we'll see what happens. I'm still waiting on the Mounties to deliver my grips.

Some things in this thread make me laugh.

More great points dude. The 20's are in the bag for tomorrow's round so we'll see what happens. I'm still waiting on the Mounties to deliver my grips.

Dude, true story. They're such similar irons save for the leading edge you should just rotate em' out as you see fit. It keeps the need for new clubs at bay!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Dude, true story. They're such similar irons save for the leading edge you should just rotate em' out as you see fit. It keeps the need for new clubs at bay!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I have to say I am really surprised by this. I dont think they are anything alike really. They look, feel and sound different. Heck with the standard shafts in each they offer completely different ball flights too.

In fact I dont really think they are all that similar personally. If one wanted to compare them to the Ping line it would be closer to the S series in my opinion.

I have to say I am really surprised by this. I dont think they are anything alike really. They look, feel and sound different. Heck with the standard shafts in each they offer completely different ball flights too.

In fact I dont really think they are all that similar personally. If one wanted to compare them to the Ping line it would be closer to the S series in my opinion.

In my i20's w/ PXi's I saw almost spot on identical flights to 588's w/ PXI's bent to same lofts and lies. Mishits reacted similarly. Yes, feel is completely different. But performance (distance, ball flight, flighting, forgiveness) is similar.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Hell, I might just put the Burner 2.0's in the bag tomorrow and hit bombs! Those irons are pretty sick!

Hell, I might just put the Burner 2.0's in the bag tomorrow and hit bombs! Those irons are pretty sick!

You just like riling me up eh? :alien:

I'm not sure how you can put the 588's away with how well it sounds like you were hitting them dude. What's not to like about laser accuracy with clubs you trust?

:angry::at-wits-end::banghead:

You just like riling me up eh? :alien:

I'm not sure how you can put the 588's away with how well it sounds like you were hitting them dude. What's not to like about laser accuracy with clubs you trust?

Nothing at all ST. Like I said, I ain't shelving them due to performance issues. It's a preservation thing. A nostalgia thing. I get that it's stupid but it's something I'm struggling with.

Nothing at all ST. Like I said, I ain't shelving them due to performance issues. It's a preservation thing. A nostalgia thing. I get that it's stupid but it's something I'm struggling with.

Seriously, not trying to sway you to the dark side but I would be where you are. I couldn't game em'. First rock that took a chunk out of the sole or dinged the face and I'd be crushed! Ever mounting bag chatter would ruin the nostalgia for me as well. They were a huge part of a big event in your life. Watching them slowly go to pot would SUCK!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

C'mon now! Stock 86g steel shafts FTW!

You are upsetting Colt. I'm not sure if he's mad because you might go 2.0's or because he know he might just go out and buy a set after you make the change hehe

This is true. Ford makes a nice pickup but when there's a vette in the garage, getting groceries becomes more than a trip to the store.

You are upsetting Colt. I'm not sure if he's mad because you might go 2.0's or because he know he might just go out and buy a set after you make the change hehe

Our equipment similarities are purely...*cough* coincidental *cough*

Tapping till 12-21-2012

This just made me laugh out loud.

Lol @ SW's hick porch analogies. Love it. See, that's where I'm torn. Game them and enjoy them but watch them wear or keep them special?

I think I'll not think about it until they get regripped.

Lol, I like that plan. It might be spring before the mounties get those grips through customs.

--
Tapatalk2

This just made me laugh out loud.

You guys keep ribbing me and I'm going to have to leave THP for an undisclosed amount of time to "work on my game more". I might make a farewell thread too. Don't make me do it.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I get that TC. However even forged irons aren't that fragile. They could see a good couple years of use and look pretty much as good as they do now given how well you treat your clubs and then stick them on a shelf in your home for the memories. I get that many seem to want to keep their MC gear in tip top shape and maybe I'm the weird one here, but I would think that playing the gear afterwards would kind of be like keeping the MC spirit alive every time you pulled a club out of the bag. Instead of making the MC feeling a thing and sticking on a pedestal, it would be more of like an overall attitude while you play. Given you're excellent outlook on the game in general, I imagine you already do that but as someone who personally struggles with their groovitude on the course some times, that is the way I would lean.

Hahahahah. ZING!

I get that TC. However even forged irons aren't that fragile. They could see a good couple years of use and look pretty much as good as they do now given how well you treat your clubs and then stick them on a shelf in your home for the memories. I get that many seem to want to keep their MC gear in tip top shape and maybe I'm the weird one here, but I would think that playing the gear afterwards would kind of be like keeping the MC spirit alive every time you pulled a club out of the bag. Instead of making the MC feeling a thing and sticking on a pedestal, it would be more of like an overall attitude while you play. Given you're excellent outlook on the game in general, I imagine you already do that but as someone who personally struggles with their groovitude on the course some times, that is the way I would lean.

Hahahahah. ZING!

I say do whatever keeps me from feeling the need to bag B 2.0's!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Now that I would consider!
TC, you know you want the Blacks...

Some things in this thread make me laugh.
Me too dude, hilarity.
In my i20's w/ PXi's I saw almost spot on identical flights to 588's w/ PXI's bent to same lofts and lies. Mishits reacted similarly. Yes, feel is completely different. But performance (distance, ball flight, flighting, forgiveness) is similar.

Tapping till 12-21-2012
So you have the i20s and 588s with PXI shafts? Why didnt you go with the stock shafts in the i20s like TC did?

TC, you know you want the Blacks...

Me too dude, hilarity.

So you have the i20s and 588s with PXI shafts? Why didnt you go with the stock shafts in the i20s like TC did?

I had the stock CFS... before ol' TC did. Then when he got CFS I went PXi. :wink: Just how I roll...

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Back to the 588's.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Well, I certainly can't wait to see what I end up doing. Tomorrow could be an eye opener

I just wish I could hit mine. Stupid appendix!

Back