What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-17 in a scramble .

Drove the ball like a maniac but the irons are out on control. I can't get used to this draw thing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low round of the year for me yesterday.

c1852aef5bf0bfe8d2d074726c1a6fe0.jpg

Had a lot of birdie putts just burn edges. Could have been a really low round but I'm happy at 1 under. 5 of the 7 missed greens were on the collar of the green and fringe. Had a lot of good shots yesterday and a lot of my drives missed were just into the first cut!
Congrats on the round

Had such a great day with my dad at the site of my wedding next summer, Weymouth Country Club. First time seeing this course and man was it a beauty. Hit the ball fairly solid all day long and putted well. Stumbled a bit coming in. Got it to -2 thru 14 but made bad bogies on 16,17 but I'll take Even par all day.

35-37

E 72

29 putts

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, afternoon round resembled the morning. Great short game bad everything else. 43/40 83. Struggled on both rounds today with regulation approach shots. Not an excuse but this was the first time playing on bent grass fairways in a long time and I struggled converting back from my bermuda behavior (sweep and pinch).

I shot 42 on the front thanks to a triple & double, Cruised in with a 40 on the back for a solid 82. This was one of those days when I hit the ball much better than I scored.

Played with MillerTime & his old room mate which was a blast !!!

40-49. I played last week and the first 13 holes today with the same ball. Got to a 120 yard par 3 with water in front, and chucked one in the water. Dropped in the drop zone and chunked one in the water. Dropped again and chunked one in the water. Dropped again and chunked one in the water. After my 10 on the hole, I went to next and hit my drive left OB. Four brand new balls lost in about 15 minutes time. Had to take a couple of Advil after that, but managed to re-group and lumber on.

Shot a 43/43 86 today. Struggled off the tee a bit but was able to grind it out for a good round for me.

81 today with some great THPers. Started 6 over thru 5 so happy with my finish for sure

Shot 39/42-81 in the final round of our club championship, good enough for 2nd low gross. It was another round that the score was better then the play. The pull hooks I had yesterday were still there, and it wreaked havoc, hitting only 4 GIR on the day. My short game was good enough to keep me in the ballgame, but I messed up a few times there too. Still happy to finish second though I really wanted that win so bad. Something to build on at the least

Finished up second round. Shot 78 (+7). Great day today. Total of +8 for 36 holes. MD3 wedges need to be released ASAP

Today I had the best ball striking day I've had in a while, brought back good memories of the past and lets me know I can still play this game until I get that dag um' putter in my hands. It felt lime I shot a low 80 until I looked at my golf logic stats . The final score dosent matter though when you add in some of The best THP'ers they are around in Sparksjr,Johnny MoJo and AdWillingham .

The stats dont lie as hard as it is to accept.
Front nine - 6/7 FIR
6/9 GIR
23 putts
Back nine - 5/7 FIR
6/9 GIR
23 putts
Total putts an embarrassing 46 !

Today I had the best ball striking day I've had in a while, brought back good memories of the past and lets me know I can still play this game until I get that dag um' putter in my hands. It felt lime I shot a low 80 until I looked at my golf logic stats . The final score dosent matter though when you add in some of The best THP'ers they are around in Sparksjr,Johnny MoJo and AdWillingham .

The stats dont lie as hard as it is to accept.
Front nine - 6/7 FIR
6/9 GIR
23 putts
Back nine - 5/7 FIR
6/9 GIR
23 putts
Total putts an embarrassing 46 !

Way to go pal! :clapp: Get that putting down and you will be kicking some arse :bomb:

Played Bunker Hill, NJ, and broke 80 again. Shot a 78 42/36 with an even par on the back nine. That even par on the back nine being the 3rd time I've done it in the last 3 weeks. The other 2 times were will on vacation in the UK and one of those times playing with a fellow Hacker.

Happy about the Bunker back nine, not the front though, the greens were extremely slow and while I hit both the first two greens in regulation I ended up three putting both, not happy!

Still I managed to up the GIR to 50% which is good for me, kept the puts to an average of 1.8.

Things are moving along nicely and that's another goal ticked of the achievement list :)

Thanks to Bunker Hill lottery I also won a free hot dog and soda (the wife got that) and a free round of golf any weekday, happy days!

Played Bunker Hill, NJ, and broke 80 again. Shot a 78 42/36 with an even par on the back nine. That even par on the back nine being the 3rd time I've done it in the last 3 weeks. The other 2 times were will on vacation in the UK and one of those times playing with a fellow Hacker.

Happy about the Bunker back nine, not the front though, the greens were extremely slow and while I hit both the first two greens in regulation I ended up three putting both, not happy!

Still I managed to up the GIR to 50% which is good for me, kept the puts to an average of 1.8.

Things are moving along nicely and that's another goal ticked of the achievement list :)

Thanks to Bunker Hill lottery I also won a free hot dog and soda (the wife got that) and a free round of golf any weekday, happy days!
Nice shooting! What condition is bunker Hill in? I haven't played there since they changed ownership. Also, be sure to check in in the central nj thread!

Shot 101 today. My game is in such a bad state. With the help of my instructor I've definitely moved in the right direction to fix my over the top move. Ow my distances are jacked up and I have no idea how far I'm going to hit a certain club. I could hit a 155 yard 7 iron or a 130 yard 7 iron. It's just frustrating

48/43 for another 91. Was 3 over going to 17, 3 putted on the par 3 17 from 20 feet and then threw up a triple on 18. Very very frustrated with my putting right now as I 3 putted today twice that cost me two pars. Ball striking is still very very solid just blowing it on the greens

38 - 38 - 76. 2 birdies. Tried my driver at 9.5* today after hitting a lot of high drives yesterday. It have been adjusted by to 10.5* (standard) and will be happy with towering drives after I got in too much trouble off the tee today.

89. Shot 39 points in Saturday stableford and won C-grade for the first time every. Really happy with the way I played and thought through my shots rather than just trying to blast away as I normally do.

Two Aussie wins, sharing my victory with Jason Day is awesome :bananadance:

Nice shooting! What condition is bunker Hill in? I haven't played there since they changed ownership. Also, be sure to check in in the central nj thread!

Condition of the course is not to bad, greens needed a cut and roll. Plenty of grass on them and they were very green, I'm used to fast green here. Fairways were good and it looks like they are starting to repair some of the tee-boxes (they've always been bad here) as we were playing from alternative tees and ones which I've not played before.

I think management are doing a decent job, they seem to be keeping up with watering the course as a few years ago it all looked dead. Didn't see any maintenance crews out, but we knew they were working on the course as there were a few holes dug for drainage repairs so I guess things are looking up for this place.

I'll keep an eye on the NJ thread, we normally play out at Bunker, Royce Brook, Mattawang or up at the Crystal Springs resort. Played Mercer Oaks a few weeks past in the rain and that is very nice.

Last edited:
41/44 for 85. ESC to an 83. Was playing well until a quad on the 13th hole. Then went bogey afterwards til the finish. Approach irons are weak part of game right now!

12/14 FWY, 6 GIR, 33 putts (three 3-putts), no penalties.
1 birdie, 6 pars, 10 bogeys, 1 quad bogey.

I'm not going to put what I shot today. Suffice it to say it was my worst round since I started playing golf. I didn't think I could play this bad anymore.

38/41 played good on the front except one double bogey on a par 3.. back side we got up to the rest of the course and kind of killed the rhythm, but still a good round.

51/48. Broke 100 so ok, but disappointed overall. I was hitting the driver well all day, just struggled hitting greens and chipping on the front. Got it going on the back and was on pace for a 44 when my driver abandoned me on the last two holes and finished double-bogey, triple bogey.

Shot a solid 83 and that includes a triple and a double on the scorecard.

Struggled a little with the driver in the middle of the round but it picked back up on the back nine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back