LPGA & Symetra Tour Thread

Golf4Her

Reaction score
Handicap
What about the girls on tour? I mean, the Ladies! Listen, I LOVE the men of the PGA as much as the next gal, but the ladies deserve some THP Forum love. So, I'm starting a dedicated thread for the lovely ladies of the LPGA and Symetra Tour! Who's with me?

Golf4Her Ambassadors on Tour:
LPGA: Nicole Smith & Tiff Joh
Live Scoring: http://bit.ly/PINBvm

Symetra Tour: Mallory Blackwelder, Sara Brown, Brittany Johnston, Anya Alvarez & Sara Hurwitch
Live Scoring: http://bit.ly/11FexSl

I love watching the ladies play.

They'll be in Mobile in a few weeks and my wife and I can't wait to get out there and support them.

I like watching the LPGA because the distances they play from and hit their clubs is more in line with what I can do, they just do it a lot better.

It was tough watching Lizette Salas lose last week. I was pulling for her to win it. Still, a great performance though. She'll break though soon I think.

I like watching the LPGA because the distances they play from and hit their clubs is more in line with what I can do, they just do it a lot better.

This. Its nice to see the gents bomb it 330, but the avg hacker can learn so much more from watching the women play. Love the fact that most of them place accuracy over power.

I've been to three events in the last couple years, two Symetra, one LPGA. I love them. Not only do you benefit from what you have all already mentioned, the crowds are, sadly, much smaller. The Symetra evens are amazing for getting in close. You can hear all the caddie chatter, banter among players, and get some really good looks at, ummmm, apparel. :beauty: It's good to see the slow, methodical swings and watching how they read putts and determine course management strategy.

I was surprised, at a LPGA event, that I was able to pretty much hang out with a few of the ladies because they weren't the A-listers. I was following Sara Brown through 17 and 18 at the Navistar event and was one of only about 20 people watching the entire group. I was standing under a tree on 17 and she promptly pushed her drive to about 2ft from my feet. I just stood there, maybe a step back, and watched her figure out the shot. Nobody told me to move, leave, scoot back, nothing. I don't know if a dang official was even watching that group. You can also sit green-side and watch groups come in all day. And I mean it; greenside! Much closer than I think you can get on the PGA. There was a hill behind one green that was acting as a grandstand area and you could just sit there and watch 120yd approaches while sitting 10ft behind the fringe. I loved it.

GO to a ladies event!! They're fun.

I watch the LPGA whenever it's on... These girls are good!!!!

I enjoy watching the ladies tour and want to see one live. Sometime I even prefer watching them over the men. They are incredibly talented. I would like to see the day their tour increases in viewerships and sponsorship so the their winnings increase. I think the LPGA Chairman has infused a bit more excitement into their tour in the two or three years he has been at the helm as well.

Great thread by the way.

TapAhoy!

The Symetra Tour used to play a tournament at my home course Wintbonbury Hills in CT. The event lasted probably around 5 years until they lost there sponsorship. That was always a great week when they arrived. It was cool just to hang out at the driving range and wath these girls get ready. You would see a lot of the girls from the past seasons of the Big Break. Most of the girls were very friendly and had no problem chatting it up. So sorry the tournament is no longer here but I love watching the ladies play.

The Symetra Tour used to play a tournament at my home course Wintbonbury Hills in CT. The event lasted probably around 5 years until they lost there sponsorship. That was always a great week when they arrived. It was cool just to hang out at the driving range and wath these girls get ready. You would see a lot of the girls from the past seasons of the Big Break. Most of the girls were very friendly and had no problem chatting it up. So sorry the tournament is no longer here but I love watching the ladies play.
The contract for the Vidalia tournament must have run out because it's not on the schedule this year. :sadface:

I'm a big fan. Having met and played with a couple of the ladies really made me appreciate how skilled and devoted to the game they are. Only complaint I ever have about the LPGA is lack of coverage, but I know they face challenges there.

Your staff is always well dressed and I like the FB pics you post up.

The Wegman's LPGA Championship is coming up in early June and I will definitely be checking out a couple of the rounds. Definitely a lot of support here in Rochester, NY for the LPGA!

Hoping to make it to the Symetra tour stop in Albany this year at the beginning of July.

I hope to get out to the North Texas Shootout on Sunday.

I'm a big fan. Having met and played with a couple of the ladies really made me appreciate how skilled and devoted to the game they are. Only complaint I ever have about the LPGA is lack of coverage, but I know they face challenges there.

Your staff is always well dressed and I like the FB pics you post up.

Golf Channel seems to be airing all of the LPGA Tournaments this year. Coverage has been great thus far.

Golf Channel seems to be airing all of the LPGA Tournaments this year. Coverage has been great thus far.

I agree. Golf Channel has been consistently giving them 2-3 hours of coverage of in the early evenings for each round. Would certainly like to see more for coverage for them, but it is a good start.

I enjoy watching the LPGA, I believe the women's US open was at Newport Country Club a few years back and unfortunately I missed it. hopefully there will be another stop nearby soon.

Big fan of the LPGA. I am glad to have the Kingsmill Championship back on the schedule and back to volunteering for the event. Like others have said, I can relate to their game more than the men.

I hope to get out to the North Texas Shootout on Sunday.

I went today and it is well worth it. Took my daughter and followed her favorite player Paula Creamer all day. She definitely had one of if not the largest gallery of the day, but we had a perfect view of every shot. The ladies are great with the fans, especially the kids. They go out of their way to sign autographs, take photos, and even have a little interaction. Hope they make this a regular stop.

I am going to work at the Solhiem Cup this year. I will be there for all the practice rounds and the tournament rounds. I will take as many pictures as possible. I am really excited for this as it will be my first tournament to be at.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I am going to work at the Solhiem Cup this year. I will be there for all the practice rounds and the tournament rounds. I will take as many pictures as possible. I am really excited for this as it will be my first tournament to be at.

I'll be there too! The LPGA is definitely more "fan friendly" than than the other tours, IMO based on experience at events previously. I wish they had better media coverage to help grow their tour and the Golf Channel showing their events is a good start!

I am hoping to be there for that myself. Need to make it to Colorado Springs for business this year, and going to try and make it during that week.

I'll be there too! The LPGA is definitely more "fan friendly" than than the other tours, IMO based on experience at events previously. I wish they had better media coverage to help grow their tour and the Golf Channel showing their events is a good start!

You working bags or going to watch?

Back