Finally back in the winning circle!

Faiz

Reaction score
Handicap
Well this weekend I finally won atournament after a pretty long time!
Played a really good round with a few silly mistakes, made 5 birdies, 7 bogeysand 6 pars.
The front 9 was crazy, I had 3 birdies and 6 bogeys, not even a single par.
Finished 3 over and I was quite frustrated sitting in the halfway house that Ihad missed some easy putts and now will have to really grind out the harderback 9 to make a good score.

The fun started on the back 9, bogeyed 10 after a bad second shot and was getting worried now.lol
Was 4 over and the 11th is a 220 yard par 3 and 12 is our si1 hole.
I hit a real beauty on 11, right at the flag, had an easy 2 putt for par.
12 I hit a bad tee shot, a bad second shot and still had 100 yards to the flag.Lie was good, hit my 64 to 6 feet and made par! Best par ever on that hole,felt like a birdie. The group members were not too happy as we were playing for money and I took the hole!haha
13th is a short 476 yard par 5, hit a monster drive, had a 9 iron left to thegreen and hit it onto the back of the green. had a 40 foot eagle putt whichslipped past the edge and I tapped in my birdie. Back to 3 over and somebreathing space.
14 was an easy straight forward par.
15 is our si3 hole and imo the hole with the most character. It’s a dogleg leftwith water/swamp all along the right and trees all along the left. It’s afairly long dogleg but if you’re long enough you can try go for the green andrun it down a narrow dirt path to the green. I always try to go for the green.I’ve never made it... Until now!!haha
Hit the perfect line and height, could really feel that this could be it.
As soon as I hit it my caddy started walking which is not generally a good sign.
I turned the corner on the dogleg and my caddy is there standing behind the green!
He indicated that I apologise to the group in front as they were putting as my ball ran through the green. oops!

164910_581060835161_911721067_n.jpg

Thats my ball over the back.

hole15drive_zps77aa4039.jpg

So yeah I was buzzing and trying to prevent thoughts of making a par or a disastrous bogey coming into my mind.
Decided to putt, it missed and left a testing 4 footer which I nailed in the centre of the cup! Back to 2 over and now 1 under on the back.
All I need is 3 pars.
Nailed my drive on 16 played a full lob onto the green, had 8 feet but I ended up 2 putting. A par's a par.
17 is a par 3, played a pw onto the green and 2 putted.
Onto 18, I know I have to hit the fairway, I boom it and it goes right, into some trees.
Try to play a 60 yard 7 iron punch onto the green and it hits a tree but bounces out onto the fairway about 20 yards remaining.
Chip it with the 7 to 8 feet.
I'm in the second last group so theres a gallery of about 80 people, everyone knows I can't putt.lol
I took my time, nailed it dead center! Felt good getting a cheer!
74 gross, 69 net, Overall Gross Winner!haha

Felt so good to have played good golf again, especially knowing it could've been so much better on the front 9.
Dedicated the win to my grandfather who passed away in March, he got me into golf and always encouraged me to play. He was certainly my hero having lived an amazing life going to the Olympics,World Championships, being a stowaway and getting evicted from Uganda by Idi Amin only to rebuild his life in England.

I also wanted to thank you guys, haven't been a member long but I find that this place really encourages me to get out there and work on my game and improve.

Now a 4 handicapper and on my way to reaching my annual target of 3!

Congrats.

Congrats on your win.

Congrats on the W!

Tapa Slice

Congrats!

Congrats, that's an awesome win!

Way to go Faiz! Do you make your font black? This is what I see lol.

It was a tough read, but congrats!!

e6yhema3.jpg

Congrats man. Awesome win.

Get that extra stroke off of that handicap.

Solid work!

Haha sorry buddy I had to type it in word as my Internet here is rubbish!

Congrats! Sounds like a few very impressive shots. Good stuff.

Thanks for the recap and congrats on the win!

Congrats

Congrats on the win! That is a bomb on the par 4 that you drove over the green!

The R1 is ridiculous!
Im reaching places I've never been close to before.
I was long before but now it's become the joke in the club that you don't wanna be in the group in front of me!lol

Made the paper, the joys of living in a small city!

IMG-20130501-WA000_zps2d103a16.jpg

Plus you get a rather dodgy view of a weightlifter above the article!hahaha

Congrats on the win, very nice indeed.

Back