consistency...that elusive thing...

Mtdream

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Has been wild the last few weeks...new irons...(that is one factor but not a major one)...

Rounds of 89, 87,83 75, 76, 78...and most of the rounds, like yesterday have been a tale of two 9's...yesterday, Out in 38 with three birdies...back 9 was in for a 45...

The only good thing is that it is usually only couple holes causing the chaos in the scoring...but it is frustrating none the less...

rant over...thank you for letting me blather on :)

It happens! Where are you in MT?

currently live in Billings...

Nice. Used to live in Livingston in the late 90's.

I've learned that in order not to have those blow up holes you just have to accept making a bogey on a hole instead of a par. Once you get into trouble don't do anything stupid (hitting the low cut from under a tree trying to go between two other trees and greening it. Just swallow your pride punch out to a stock yard for one of your clubs and then hit into the green. 2 putt bogey, or maybe even a one putt par.

Consistency if definitely not my friend, Shot a 38 on the front on Saturday and a 51 on the back! That should teach me to answer a work call at the turn...

all I can say is, i wish i had your inconsistancy. hope that makes ya feel better

I've learned that in order not to have those blow up holes you just have to accept making a bogey on a hole instead of a par. Once you get into trouble don't do anything stupid (hitting the low cut from under a tree trying to go between two other trees and greening it. Just swallow your pride punch out to a stock yard for one of your clubs and then hit into the green. 2 putt bogey, or maybe even a one putt par.

I'm completely guilty of this!! I play an amzing game of pinball with a golfball and some trees, those coming to the NE Invitational might be lucky enough to witness it... Someday I'll smarten up and do what you suggested here..

I'm completely guilty of this!! I play an amzing game of pinball with a golfball and some trees, those coming to the NE Invitational might be lucky enough to witness it... Someday I'll smarten up and do what you suggested here..

Haha, I am as well. I'm beginning to get better with it, but I still try a few stupid shots a round. Another trick to greater consistency is knowing where to miss.

Haha, I am as well. I'm beginning to get better with it, but I still try a few stupid shots a round. Another trick to greater consistency is knowing where to miss.

That would require a consistent miss too though, not something I possess at the moment.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

That would require a consistent miss too though, not something I possess at the moment.

Very true. I only ever miss right/short right so its nice when you can play the hole so if you miss you still end up with a an easy chip.

Very true. I only ever miss right/short right so its nice when you can play the hole so if you miss you still end up with a an easy chip.

I could pull it left or push it right... The distance is usually good unless I chunk it and then I'm way short.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

You mean I should not model my game on TinCup?

Yesterday...Hole 14 @ home course...331 yard, extreme dog leg, but if you want to do the risk...over the water for 250 yards...generally a nice clean 3 wood...if I bail I land in the fairway for a nice easy chip...however, yesterday....three balls in the water...and one in the road...my irritation for the bad shot did not let up... :)

This is true. What separates most pros from the amateurs, other than their amazing talent, is the fact they only allow themselves one poor shot. Knock it into the trees? They chip out. Impossible lie? They take an unplayable. Granted, their 3rd, 4th and 5th shots have a chance of being great where we might hit another bad one, but most of them don't put themselves into a position where a bad one is all but assured (Phil does, but he's Phil).

When a pro hits a bad shot, they try to save par, but they realize bogey is the likely scenario and they make sure to secure that and nothing worse 99% of the time.

Back