Callaway Forged vs. JAWS CC wedges

Jericho

Albatross
Reaction score
Handicap
I originally ordered Cally Forged wedges however the day they were supposed to be delivered I receive an email saying that all of the wedges had bends in the shafts and there was no timetable on their replacements. They simply returned my money. The more I see the JAWS CC Chrome, the more I think they'd look real good next to my x-forged irons :)

Does anyone have any opinion on either of these (i.e. some say the forged aren't digger friendly, etc...) or are the differences so negligable that I cant go wrong with either?

Thanks

I don't have an opinion having never hit either, but rumor is that Callaway will be releasing new wedges soon, so you may want to wait.

I don't have an opinion having never hit either, but rumor is that Callaway will be releasing new wedges soon, so you may want to wait.

I'm really not a club ho that needs the latest and greatest. I also am a realist who doesn't believe that there's any ground breaking new technology that's being released. That being said I guess I just answered my own question lol.

It wouldnt need to be ground breaking technology, but different sole grinds, for example, would make the news ones COMPLETELY different from the ones you are looking at.

Callaway is coming out with new wedges shortly, the Mack Daddy 2s. Might want to wait it out.

The Jaws have had some excellent reviews. I've seen one review site that uses specific scoring of clubs in their testing that had them in their top 5, up their with Miura, Mizuno, higher than Scratch.

Last edited:
I originally ordered Cally Forged wedges however the day they were supposed to be delivered I receive an email saying that all of the wedges had bends in the shafts and there was no timetable on their replacements. They simply returned my money. The more I see the JAWS CC Chrome, the more I think they'd look real good next to my x-forged irons :)

Does anyone have any opinion on either of these (i.e. some say the forged aren't digger friendly, etc...) or are the differences so negligable that I cant go wrong with either?

Thanks

I have both actually. I really like both of them. I prefer the Jaws as the grind fits my swing better, but I am in the minority on that. The forged are slightly more versitile I'd say but for my swing I would just take enormous divots with them. I need more bounce and that is what the JAWS gave me. Both are good choices however.

I've had both of them and first thing i can tell you is you won't go wrong with either. I'm a big time digger and both are great for diggers. I'm more of a fan of the Forged if i'm honest

May want to check out the X-Forged as well. A lot of love for them, though they are harder to find. One word of warning though, they will definitely chew up your golf ball.

New wedges should be coming out soon as well. Something else to think about.

if your a digger get jaws, if your sweeper get forged

I absolutely loved the Forged wedge and went with them mainly because I like the traditional look of them. However, when I was deciding which ones to go with I found many reviews of both the jaws and forged wedge and neither one seemed to be loved more than the other. I think you would be happy with the jaws wedges if you didn't feel like waiting for the new wedges

I have had both....I currently am playing the forged in 50/54/58*....and I love them....main thing I liked about the forged over the Jaws was the extra weight in the head...I can really feel where the club is and that helps alot with half shots and pitches.

Nothing wrong with the Jaws...hard to go wrong with either in my opinion

MackDaddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. Cally rep said sometime in Summer, but couldn't divulge anything else.

I have the Jaws in my bag and I really like them. I find them to be very versatile and seem to have a bit of a heavy head and for me it helps get through the sand with ease. For me the provide a very nice feel and easy to execute the little touch shots around the green.

I decided to go with the Forged. I got all 3 brand new for $185. I probably would have gone with the JAWS but I simply couldn't find them used in decent condition or new for reasonable prices. Call me cheap but when the next generation of wedges have come out and then the following generation is about to be released, I'm not paying full price for it lol. Anyways, I'm happy because baring a new shaft for a hybrid that is in route, my bag is finally set!

grats, I like the forged better then jaws anyway :) good choice

+1 for the Jaws.

Have 3 in 52, 58, 64.

Congrats on the purchase. Be sure to bump the review thread and let us know what you think!

Back