Average 8i carry distance.

My average is in the 155 range. My 200yd 8i shots have all been by accident. Lol

Tapatalk from my iPhone4S

About 130-140..

160 during the summer here in NC. Take 5 yards off that near the ocean in FL.

posting from my S3. please excuse my spelling mistakles.

Right at and around 155 on a normal swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Jrod, how far do you think you hit your driver? I've obviously heard you're a long hitter, but I've never heard a number and I'm sort of curious.

145-150. Ive been polishing my swing, which has lead to better accuracy, but a little less distance, so probably closer to 145 right now.

Rock

I should also note that my distance was determined by a range finder to a pin and a pitch mark on the green.

I use mine when I'm about 110-115 out. Like Dogman, I can blade mine to a much further distance or chunk it shorter if necessary (or not).

Last edited:
From the fairway or light rough, I will usually play the 8-iron from 155-165.

I should also note that my distance was determined by a range finder to a pin and a pitch mark on the green.

So you are determining your average carry distance based on one shot?

About 160. One time I really got a hold of it, and it went all the way around the world and landed In the same spot. Russia almost declared nuclear war when they saw it, almost like that one time I releases 99 luftbaloons.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

My 8 iron is my 160-170 club. Although probably my favorite shot to play with my 8 iron is a little 3/4 shot that will go about 130ish.

I hit mine about 230

I have a few answers for this question:

I hit it 150 normally, but hit it 170 once. So 170 is my 8i carry distance.

The sim at Dick's says 175, so I will go with that.

I hit it 150, but this is the internet so add 45 yards. I hit my 8i 195 yards.

How far does the longest hitter on tour hit his 8i? Because that's how far I hit mine.

not far enough.

when I was hitting irons on the monitor when getting the i20's I was consistantly hitting the i20 7 iron around 145 (I got a few out to 155-160 but those were not the mean by any means) so one would assume my 8 iron is in the 125-135 range which sounds about right, unfortunately.

8i for me carries ~125yds on avg. Can kick it up to 140 or so if Im feeling good that day. This all might change when my new clubs arrive later this week.

145-150 range.

Sent from my HTC One X

Guys the title says average. I'm pretty sure we can all blade and chunk shots.

I guess its somewhere around 150 yards.

Don't have a par 3 of that length to shoot at and get a more exact idea.

160 carry and final...doesn't bounce much unless really hard greens.

P.S. one of the top 3 things I hear repeatedly on the course: 'I don't know why I came up short, that club would normally get me there'---the distance delusion as I call it. I know so many people who hit it downwind or get-a-lot-of-roll far a few times and say/think that's their normal distance. :)

150 or so, but I am so confident with my 8 I will hit it instead of a 7 iron for the 160 shots. I have to swing out of my shoes for that kind distance though.

Back