The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was paired with 3 guys today, a single and two guys. The two guys showed up late to the 10:30 tee time then met us on the 2nd tee, beer in tow. The single dropped at the turn and the two went into the clubhouse for about 20 minutes (the cart girl had met us twice) then caught me near the 10th green (I waited for them). I mentioned that we needed to pick up the pace; they were happy to doddle and drink beer. Hello 4:50 round without ever waiting for the group in front of us.

I was paired with 3 guys today, a single and two guys. The two guys showed up late to the 10:30 tee time then met us on the 2nd tee, beer in tow. The single dropped at the turn and the two went into the clubhouse for about 20 minutes (the cart girl had met us twice) then caught me near the 10th green (I waited for them). I mentioned that we needed to pick up the pace; they were happy to doddle and drink beer. Hello 4:50 round without ever waiting for the group in front of us.

You sir, are a saint. I'd have called them "Way too slow" and taken off on my own.

Let me guess, people waiting on you though?

Let me guess, people waiting on you though?
Yep, the worst was the 2 groups being backed up on the 10th tee. And we never saw a marshal.

Yep, the worst was the 2 groups being backed up on the 10th tee. And we never saw a marshal.

According to some, its ehh, just enjoy the round.
But the truth is, that is awful and unacceptable.

It just goes with the times of selfishness.

Any person that can knowingly be backing up the entire course and not give a crap is a loser. It really tells you everything you need to know about that person and is a window into their personality in all aspects of life.

That sounds absolutely unbearable. Where the heck are the marshals?

4:50 is rough dude. the fact that people were waiting on you sucks. i might have been tempted to ask if they minded if i went on ahead when they popped into the clubhouse at the turn. but if there was no one behind, i would probably have just sucked it up and tried to enjoy myself.

Yeah I would have left them after telling them I was going to go on and play solo. No hard feelings would have been felt!

I see you've met them. They made it clear they were there to have fun. "We can either sit in a our cart while we play/drink or we can sit on our cart while we wait on the group in front of us. We just want to enjoy the sun and have fun."
Any person that can knowingly be backing up the entire course and not give a crap is a loser. It really tells you everything you need to know about that person and is a window into their personality in all aspects of life.
Yep. One guy was the other guy's business client. There was an element of the one guy just being there to entertain the other guy. It wasn't so bad when the 4th was with us but when he dropped and we became a 3some it was pretty tough.

I see you've met them. They made it clear they were there to have fun. "We can either sit in a our cart while we play/drink or we can sit on our cart while we wait on the group in front of us. We just want to enjoy the sun and have fun."
Yep. One guy was the other guy's business client. There was an element of the one guy just being there to entertain the other guy. It wasn't so bad when the 4th was with us but when he dropped and we became a 3some it was pretty tough.
I'm fairly patient but I would have walked off the course!

That sounds absolutely unbearable. Where the heck are the marshals?

Some courses don't have them or have them only on busy days. I am afraid our group of courses might fall into the latter category either later this year or next year because of the price of memberships. We lost two starters to the membership this year and other marshals are considering it. $100 a month to play whenever they want is a good incentive not to have to deal with the public. I just hope we are able to keep some on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I think LSMO told me they don't have marshals at his course for that reason.

Today's Jeopardy embraced April Fool's Day. It was awesome.

Thank goodness for these...

5354cdaaa314dd366eb51b831ee6a8d9.jpg

Thank goodness for these...

5354cdaaa314dd366eb51b831ee6a8d9.jpg

I'm pretty mad I couldn't find mine this morning. I couldn't turn on all the lights and wake everyone up like I wanted to to find which of my kids was wearing it around the house and hid it in the toy box lol so this will have to do
54656655bb61bb7ed551fc3e2d961484.jpg

I'm at a car wash before meeting THPers and it smells like a homeless man left a hot lunch in here.

Oh Brandon, you are so wonderful.

I'm at a car wash before meeting THPers and it smells like a homeless man left a hot lunch in here.

The self car wash right off the highway?

No this one is a bit further away. What's your eta?

Already here. At the McDonald's on bloomingdale ave. 2nin from the course.

Already here. At the McDonald's on bloomingdale ave. 2nin from the course.

I'm about to go by it, I will stop there

Dirty Mike and the boys must have been there. They call that a soup kitchen.

So it's 45 outside, it's supposed to get rainy and windy... I think it's a nice day for golf

Woke up early on a Saturday, planning to go to the range this morning (even though it is still pretty chilly). Grab my gear, walk out the door.... and it is snowing.

Well, time for a nap I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back