chingador

Reaction score
Handicap
I love wine and beer, especially wine. I am also big on Bourbon. I am surprised that there is not a threat on it here. I love bourbon as well as other American whiskeys. I have a decent selection in my bar. I drink whiskey neat, usually in a brandy glass. Here is what I have and like:

Blantons - love it
Woodford Reserve - was my go to, but I like blantons more now
Bulleit Frontier Whiskey - very nice value
Basil Hayden - different but very good
IW Harper Presidents Reserve - Bought a bottle a couple of years ago and have not found another. Outstanding. Wish I had more
Jack Daniels Single Barrel - good. I like the others more
Makers Mark - was my go to before Woodford. Have not had in years. I do want to try the 46.
Colorado Whiskey - this is a very nice whiskey. Worth a try if you can get your hands on some.

Want to try:

Pappy Van Winkle 15 year (absolutely want to try this one. Would love to try the 23 yr, but that is major $$$)
Bakers - This will be my next purchase
Makers Mark 46 - want to try
Eagle Rare - I have heard good things.

What about you guys? Any favorites or suggestions?

I really, really like Eagle Rare. Smells fantastic, has a wonderful color, and it's so flavorful. I think you'd really enjoy it.

Steel Tappin'

My go to is Makers Mark, one of the best IMO. IF you havent tried the Makers 46, do so, it is very nice.

I kind of go through phases on what I drink, but always keep Makers on hand. Two of the ones I have been drinking as of late are Bulleit and Bookers, both are great.

Of course, Jack Daniels is great, and I really like Gentleman Jack. A bit smoother than Jack, and not too expensive.

I was not a fan of the Eagle Rare, like you I had heard a lot of good things, but when I tried it it didnt really impress me.

I'm not a bourbon fan. It doesn't cooperate with me. However, when I use to go to Louisville for business I always stayed at the Galt House. They have a bourbon bar on the top floor and their claim to fame is that they have every bourbon made in their inventory. I had a drink of the most expensive one, I wish I could remember the name but it was so smooth and delicious, not like bourbon I was use to at the time. One of my favorites is Twisted Spoke.

I'm pretty simple when it comes to whisky. I have Crown Royal and Windsor Canadian along with a good supply of 7-Up at home. I don't drink whisky often, but now and then I like a nice stiff drink or two before bedtime. I also have a good friend in Tennessee that has in the past supplied me with something a little clearer and a little stronger, but I must admitt that this is an acquired taste product. Best to hold that a second or two before swallowing......lol

I'm pretty simple when it comes to whisky. I have Crown Royal and Windsor Canadian along with a good supply of 7-Up at home. I don't drink whisky often, but now and then I like a nice stiff drink or two before bedtime. I also have a good friend in Tennessee that has in the past supplied me with something a little clearer and a little stronger, but I must admitt that this is an acquired taste product. Best to hold that a second or two before swallowing......lol

I've got plenty of that in my freezer!

Jim Beam has a newer version out. I am not sure of the name off the top of my head, but I know it comes from squeezing the whiskey barrels in a press. What comes out of the wood is the bourbon you get. It is quite tasty.

Dickel No. 12

If they have it around you you really need to try any of the ones Tuthilltown distills. My favorite one by them is their Baby Bourbon.
http://www.tuthilltown.com/home

Jack Daniels. Love it on the rocks, in a mixer. Love me some Jack.

Red Stag is a good sipper.

I have a bottle of Crown Royal Reserve, not an American whiskey, but really good.

But Jack Daniels is my favorite.

Jim Beam has a newer version out. I am not sure of the name off the top of my head, but I know it comes from squeezing the whiskey barrels in a press. What comes out of the wood is the bourbon you get. It is quite tasty.

Jim Beam Devil's Cut

Jack or Makers Mark for me. Not very often I drink either, but I like the Jack and seven with a nice meal and MM if just a sipping night with the boys.

I don't drink a lot of the hard stuff but I received a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label for the holidays. Oh my, that stuff is delicious.
My go to is Jameson 18 yr Reserve. (not American, of course).

Always on the rock or a bit of water. Never with soda.

Not much for bourbon, but a glass of Red Breast Irish whiskey neat is a joy.

Colorado Whiskey is tasty. Whenever I am downtown I try to take the tour and go to the samplings afterwards

Wild Turkey and Old Weller are some good ones. Makers mark is good too.

My family enjoys whiskey so we sample as many different kinds as we can around the holidays. Our favorite is Jack Single Barrel. Ive never heard of Blantons, but will have to see about sampling it this year along with Makers 46.

Greg

Makers Mark or Jim Beam either one on the rocks.

Thank you for starting this thread, I'm a big bourbon drinker. I keep Coopers Mark, Bulliet and Buffalo trace on had for everyday drinking. All smooth and warm. I'm getting into the honey bourbons for casual sips with my boys. Old stand by JD will never let you down.

Bourbon is my drink of choice, especially with a good cigar. Bulleit is my favorite every day pour, really like their rye also. Other "every day" bourbons I like are Woodford, Knob Creek, Elmer T Lee, Maker's and Maker's 46, Four Roses Single Barrel, and Eagle Rare. For those special occasions, I dip into one of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection bourbons. These only come out once a year and are mostly hard to find soon after release. The Sazarac rye is my favorite, and the George T Stagg is great, but at around 140 proof (it's different every year) it requires self dicipline to not get hammered on it.

A couple I have had but have not seen mentioned are Jefferson's Reserve and Jack Daniel's Single Barrel. Both are excellent with the Single Barrell being more flavorful than the Gentleman Jack.

Need to try Jim Beam, Wild Turkey and the rest.

I REALLY want to complete the Bourbon Trail in Ky ( I need the T-shirt )

A couple I have had but have not seen mentioned are Jefferson's Reserve and Jack Daniel's Single Barrel. Both are excellent with the Single Barrell being more flavorful than the Gentleman Jack.

Need to try Jim Beam, Wild Turkey and the rest.

I REALLY want to complete the Bourbon Trail in Ky ( I need the T-shirt )

I know I had a bad experience one time in college with Wild Turkey. I thought I went blind.....and had no idea who or where I was. That was back before we knew what the word moderation meant.

Blantons - love it
Woodford Reserve - was my go to, but I like blantons more now
Basil Hayden - different but very good
Makers Mark - was my go to before Woodford. Have not had in years. I do want to try the 46.

I really, really like Eagle Rare. Smells fantastic, has a wonderful color, and it's so flavorful. I think you'd really enjoy it.

Steel Tappin'

....Woodford, Knob Creek, Elmer T Lee, Maker's and Maker's 46, Four Roses Single Barrel, and Eagle Rare. For those special occasions, I dip into one of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection bourbons. These only come out once a year and are mostly hard to find soon after release. The Sazarac rye is my favorite, and the George T Stagg is great, but at around 140 proof (it's different every year) it requires self dicipline to not get hammered on it.

Agree with all of these, but not a fan of Stagg, just a bit harsh to me.

You don't have to spend a lot of money to get some decent bourbon. I do like whiskey and tend to stick with the bourbon. I enjoy single malt scotch but I have a hard time spending 45-50 bucks for an entry level scotch when I can be drinking top shelf bourbon for that price. Old Forester and W.L. Weller SR (wheated) are pretty good and right around 20 bucks if not less depending where you live. Right now I have some Corner Creek opened in my kitchen. Pretty interesting and I think it was 23 dollars or so. Some of my favorite pours are Knob Creek Single Barrel (regular is good too-these and Jim Beam Black are the only things from Beam that i think are decent/worth the price) and Four Roses small batch. Not technically bourbon, but I really like Rye Whiskey a lot too.
I've been known to bring a flask with me out there on the course, usually filled with something mentioned above.

A bourbon that I enjoy either neat or with an ice cube or two is Elijah Craig. I will add that it goes well with a cigar. It's tasty and smooth. Aged 12 years and is a small batch bourbon. Reasonably priced as well.

Back