America's 50 Best Steakhouses

Hah, I just went to Cattleman's Steakhouse (#12) outside El Paso last night!

It was unbelievably good! I need to come down here more often.

St. Elmo's just warms my heart. I freaking love that place and it is a must have in Indy.

I am surprised Bobs in Dallas isn't on this list. One of the best steaks I have ever eaten.

The one downtown is better than the one in Plano but it's not that far off. I'm a big III Forks fan too.

7 of the top 50 in Texas. Thought we'd done better but there are some good eating spots in Vegas, CA and NY too.

The one downtown is better than the one in Plano but it's not that far off. I'm a big III Forks fan too.

7 of the top 50 in Texas. Thought we'd done better but there are some good eating spots in Vegas, CA and NY too.

See I don't much care for 3 forks. Maybe it is the atmosphere. My parents literally live about 0.5 mile from there in that neighborhood right behind it and I've been twice and both times left thinking I would rather go to Ruth Chris

See I don't much care for 3 forks. Maybe it is the atmosphere. My parents literally live about 0.5 mile from there in that neighborhood right behind it and I've been twice and both times left thinking I would rather go to Ruth Chris

Ruth Chris....LOL, ouch! Now that is a slam.

Ruth Chris....LOL, ouch! Now that is a slam.

I am a fan of Ruth Chris, but ya I just never enjoyed time at 3 Forks. Like I said, probably just the atmosphere.

I enjoyed Sullivans before it closed.

Still a fan of the one on Lemon, the one in the Omni is nice but lacks the "grit" of the Lemon location. I go to the one in Grapevine at least every other month - never have been disappointed. I've only been to III Forks once, it was a Christmas party, not fair to judge the place based on that experience.

If you are a Del Frisco's fan, the Tollway location relocates to Uptown (McKinney & Olive) next summer.

Still a fan of the one on Lemon, the one in the Omni is nice but lacks the "grit" of the Lemon location. I go to the one in Grapevine at least every other month - never have been disappointed. I've only been to III Forks once, it was a Christmas party, not fair to judge the place based on that experience.

If you are a Del Frisco's fan, the Tollway location relocates to Uptown (McKinney & Olive) next summer.

Should have added, the Plano location will likely relocate to the new Omni in Frisco when their lease expires at Legacy.

I love love love Cattlemen's. But #10 surprises me.

I've only been to two #29 St Elmo's where the steak was good and the horseradish (I mean shrimp cocktail) was AWFUL. And Peter Lugers in NY which was very good. Surprised there weren't more from NYC, I've been to a few there that were excellent. And none from Boston??

Should have added, the Plano location will likely relocate to the new Omni in Frisco when their lease expires at Legacy.

The orig. chef that was at Del Frisco's opened up his own restaurant in downtown Frisco years ago called Randy's. Been there a few times and it was good.

My favorite steak house so far is Mahogony in Tulsa

We go to Del Frisco's every December for Shannon's company party and I love that place. Went to Capital Bar once, it was good but not as good as DF. Also liked Cool River but I have not been there in years.

St. Elmo's just warms my heart. I freaking love that place and it is a must have in Indy.
I love their shrimp cocktail sauce!!!

Since we were a group of 8, we had one of the small private rooms for our dinners and as a result didn't go to the dessert room for dessert....I've heard its incredible in and of itself - will have to hit it next time.

The wife and I go to Bern's every couple of months..the smaller dining rooms are truly special dining experiences. We always request one.. (Pro tip from a local)

Come visit. We will go.
I was there in October for a meeting and loved it.
We need to make that happen and find someone to get us on southern hills :)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I was there in October for a meeting and loved it.
We need to make that happen and find someone to get us on southern hills :)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Man, THAT would be fun.

I'm surprised Murray's made the list and Manny's did not. I'd rate both about a same with an edge towards Manny's from a steak standpoint. The butter knife stake from Murray's is fantastic, you really don't need a knife to cut it. Murray's does have the better deserts though.

Hard to trust any top 50 list that Manny's is not on.

We go to Del Frisco's every December for Shannon's company party and I love that place. Went to Capital Bar once, it was good but not as good as DF. Also liked Cool River but I have not been there in years.

Cool River........home of the cougar. Boy, I have some stories from that place before marriage. :D

Cool River........home of the cougar. Boy, I have some stories from that place before marriage. :D

I've been to the Austin location and Cool River was amazing. It closed down and turned into an "Abel's North" and it's not very good. I'm pretty sure the quail I had there gave me food poisoning. I didn't realize Cool River had other locations.

HAH - when I was living here for 6 months before my wife and daughters came to town I was a regular at Cool River and Kirby's. Within the first 2 weeks of the family transplanted I took my wife to both and she had a lot of questions about how I was spending my time during those 6 months!

Back