Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikes crazy new stand bag....

This thing?!?

f4418534e4fff8b2dbc404b507fd3570.jpg

Well, its on its way to you.

If you tell him there's a Toulon in it too, he might drive to Florida and kiss you.

If you tell him there's a Toulon in it too, he might drive to Florida and kiss you.
I would. I know that doesn't help my case though lol

Thinking about getting the new Bushnell v4 Rangefinder, after selling the jolt z6 that is...

Some driver from a used rack somewhere. However, since I've been unable to hit any driver for the last 2 years with any consistency, it's a hollow ponder. I did hit a bunch of balls last night with a used TM RBZ Stage 2 that was getting good grouping and distance for me.

Well I hit a crapload of hybrids on the sim yesterday and narrowed it down pretty good. The only issue is, it turns out I hit my new irons even further than I thought haha. When struck well I was getting an easy 170+ out of the 7i and 190+ out of the 5 haha. The current 3h went further than I anticipated too (due to working on extension), clocking in at 210-215, and even a few extra yards out of the 3W.

That being said, I did hit 2 hybrids I'd consider further: the Adams Red and the R15. Both of them felt and behaved similarly TBH, with the Red looking a little nicer and the R15 having adjustability. Will have to spend a little more time with them, but I liked the results. With both I picked up about 5 yards on my J40 (so flying 215-220).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#beastmode

those are great numbers with the irons. but you well know my love for these heads.

215-220 carry seems perfect, and gives you a little room to miss a bit and still have plenty of distance to cover the gapping. sounds like it comes down to which of those two you feel more confident in.

Cobra F6 irons just got ramped up even more.

#beastmode

those are great numbers with the irons. but you well know my love for these heads.

215-220 carry seems perfect, and gives you a little room to miss a bit and still have plenty of distance to cover the gapping. sounds like it comes down to which of those two you feel more confident in.

Haha thanks man. It's amazing what fully extending through the ball will do!

I agree, 215-220 is about money. The Bridgestone ho in me kinda wants to check out the J15's though to see if I can hit that number, since they have slightly stronger lofts than the J40's. They're supposed to be more forgiving than the R15 or Red, so that intrigues me. Might have to test drive it again!

Pondering getting rid of the MP-15's for a bit more forgiving irons. To many things going on in my head right now. :banghead:

Cure CX2.

Stand bags.

Samesies.
Yep, as much as I love my CG Black mini-staffer, it's time to retire it.

And the Cure, I just dig it.

Yep, as much as I love my CG Black mini-staffer, it's time to retire it.

And the Cure, I just dig it.

I've got that wacky new Nike bag coming for review, but I'm still super keen on a Cally HL5.

As to the putters, totally agree. I do not at all like the RX's, but the new CX's, yes please.

I've got that wacky new Nike bag coming for review, but I'm still super keen on a Cally HL5.

As to the putters, totally agree. I do not at all like the RX's, but the new CX's, yes please.
The RXs were not my cup 'o tea, but the CX line is muy bueno.

And that Nike bag looks cray cray.

Haha thanks man. It's amazing what fully extending through the ball will do!

I agree, 215-220 is about money. The Bridgestone ho in me kinda wants to check out the J15's though to see if I can hit that number, since they have slightly stronger lofts than the J40's. They're supposed to be more forgiving than the R15 or Red, so that intrigues me. Might have to test drive it again!

i really enjoy my j15 4h. but it's not the hottest hybrid i've ever hit. it performs exactly how i want a hybrid to perform: iron-like distance and trajectory but with extra forgiveness and a little versatility.

i really enjoy my j15 4h. but it's not the hottest hybrid i've ever hit. it performs exactly how i want a hybrid to perform: iron-like distance and trajectory but with extra forgiveness and a little versatility.
This sounds like exactly what I want as well. I'm not looking for a super hot wood-like hybrid. Figuring the slight bumps in loft that Bridgestone made to the J15 line might allow me to pick up those couple extra, but only testing then will tell me that methinks.

This sounds like exactly what I want as well. I'm not looking for a super hot wood-like hybrid. Figuring the slight bumps in loft that Bridgestone made to the J15 line might allow me to pick up those couple extra, but only testing then will tell me that methinks.

I did the test drive with tour blue, fubuki and vts red (or silver). blue felt the best to me but it's a shaft I already knew I liked. vts was a close second, just a little less explosive. I've never liked the fubuki. interestingly, all 3 performed almost identically when I did side-by-side testing.

I went with the tour blue in r flex, but as I picked up some speed I started having issues. with the tour spx iRoD it's just about perfect. not the longest, but that's not what I want. I want straight and predictable.

Am I nuts to be looking at graphite iron shaft pulls, and pondering trying to swap the shafts on my D100s on my own?

Am I nuts to be looking at graphite iron shaft pulls, and pondering trying to swap the shafts on my D100s on my own?

Not really. Just make sure that going to graphite you can swing weight it properly as some need some extra steps.

Not really. Just make sure that going to graphite you can swing weight it properly as some need some extra steps.

Good point. Haven't seen that pop up in any of the articles I've read so far, but it was something in the back of my mind.

I am pondering a Callaway XR driver and TaylorMade Tour Ghost Black Monte Carlo putter.

The "feel" difference alone for me makes graphite well worth it. I laid down an absolute beaver tail of a divot the other night (like a solid foot long), chunked it harder than I had ever chunked a shot before. Normally my hands/arms would just be stinging if I did one of those...... with the graphite shaft all I could feel was the shame from taking such a terrible swing LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back