Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you, I regrip in the garage in two shakes of a lambs tail.
Dude, I don't even use a vice or bench as its not a true necessity, I regrip my clubs in the bathroom over the sink, easy peasy. Regriping really is truly easy to do and do right.

I do need to get a PURE compressor attachment and start doing them that way.

Dude, I don't even use a vice or bench as its not a true necessity, I regrip my clubs in the bathroom over the sink, easy peasy. Regriping really is truly easy to do and do right.

you're moving shafts around and you don't even have a setup for it? You sir, are a BA.

Ahem...that's a dirty mouth you got on you there.

Tapping till 12-21-2012
Yeah, see below

I watched him get amped. It's truth.

--
Tapatalk2
It was awesome wasn't it?

Still pisses me off that I couldn't get along with the i20's. Kmac didn't believe at first, then he witnessed what I did with them and agreed, I couldn't hit them.

That's one thing that still amazes me, I can't believe I used to actually pay money to have clubs gripped. I've done it quite a few times now and it only took me 30 minutes to re-grip my i20s....just SO easy.

I figured with the Twitter post from THP the lefties would be in here gushing over some lefty Scor wedges

I am pondering a Classic and F3 fairway wood. Global golf is doing 30% off lefty used equipment.. hmmmm

Pondering making room in my bag for my 4I. Just hit it so solid at the range last night... Don't know what to bump though.

Actual equipment pondering for today is irons after all the i20 talk in here lately. Got a gift certificate to a high end course around here for my bday. May have to see if I can't put that up against a fitting...

New ponder. Travel case.

Seen reviews for several on here that were of the soft variety. Any good reasons for not going with a hard case like the SKB?

New ponder. Travel case.

Seen reviews for several on here that were of the soft variety. Any good reasons for not going with a hard case like the SKB?

I used a hard case for a while. Just hated maneuvering it around airports. Here is the one I use. Have had it for 4-5 years now and it has never failed me.
204116968.jpg

Know the make/model offhand Dean?

I have the Ogio monster I think its called. Its been pretty good so far.

Awesome, thanks guys.

Hard cases are a gigantic PITA in terms of storage and also trying to get them to fit into the trunk of a car. I've had the Club Glove Burstproof for about 5 years and have not had one issue with it at all.

I have a cheap BagBoy soft side and have made 4-5 trips problem free with it.

I have a cheap BagBoy soft side and have made 4-5 trips problem free with it.

Jenn has some cheap BagBoy soft side one as well. She had a zipper break on the first trip, but they replaced the entire bag for her and since then I don't think she's had any issues.

Hard cases are a gigantic PITA in terms of storage and also trying to get them to fit into the trunk of a car. I've had the Club Glove Burstproof for about 5 years and have not had one issue with it at all.

Thought about that as well and getting it in/out of cars....could see getting it into a trunk a PITA. Liking the hybrid model with the hard top Dean showed.

What I don't want is a fear or worry that clubs will get broken. I remember getting David at the airport in MB and

1) he is worried if it actually made it through the connections,
2) is excited to actually see that it did,
3) is worried that something is broken, and
4) opens it immediately at the carousel to verify luckily nothing was broken.

There is an epic battle going on in my bag right now. The 910 D2 is trying to knock my TM SuperTri from the bag once and for all. The SuperTri does have a Miyazaki White coming today to get a bit higher trajectory.

Thought about that as well and getting it in/out of cars....could see getting it into a trunk a PITA. Liking the hybrid model with the hard top Dean showed.

What I don't want is a fear or worry that clubs will get broken. I remember getting David at the airport in MB and

1) he is worried if it actually made it through the connections,
2) is excited to actually see that it did,
3) is worried that something is broken, and
4) opens it immediately at the carousel to verify luckily nothing was broken.
Back when I traveled a good bit, I took my clubs everywhere with me in a soft case with a somewhat harder top (with extra padding). I stuffed towels around the top of the bag and in between the clubs, and have yet to have anything break on me. Cant even think how many times I have flown with my clubs.

Back when I traveled a good bit, I took my clubs everywhere with me in a soft case with a somewhat harder top (with extra padding). I stuffed towels around the top of the bag and in between the clubs, and have yet to have anything break on me. Cant even think how many times I have flown with my clubs.

Same here. I used to bring my clubs with me weekly when I'd fly.They got lost once in Chicago, but turned up 4 or 5 days later. Still have yet to have anything break.

Pondering what to fill an empty slot in my bag with, another great thing about going with the 56° ATV as my only wedge (other than PW/UW).

So took the next step in today's ponder and called a local fitter. It was a different shop than my current clubs came from as, to be honest, I want a second opinion. We talked about my game and what I was looking for. I told him that I wanted to get better, and for my irons that means more consistent ball striking. He said that he thinks that to be better, you need to be able to get good feedback about your shots. Currently, I only get clear feedback on two situations. I can tell when I pure it as it feels like there was barely a ball there and I can feel when it's way out on the toe as the club wants to twist in my hands. Everything else is sort of just a thud feeling. Obviously I know when I chunk or thin something but as long as I'm on the grooves it feels the same regardless when I don't nail the sweet spot. Was a good conversation, and I'm considering it as it certainly gave me something to think about.

The other thing he talked about was the fact that it was a full fitting, including shafts. My last fitting was with all standard offerings and after they determined the general flex, all they worried about was loft & lie. If I go through with this it will cost me some, but I'm thinking that it may be worth it. Lord knows it's a drop in the pond compared to what I've spent on golf this year already...

I used a hard case for a while. Just hated maneuvering it around airports. Here is the one I use. Have had it for 4-5 years now and it has never failed me.
204116968.jpg

I have one similar to that and love it. Never had a problem with it at all

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

So something War Eagle has been talking about in the KBS 90 testing thread has made a lot of sense to me, and after my last few range sessions I'm ready to do the same thing.

I want the DG S300 shafts out of my wedges, and I want to match my iron shafts which are KBS Tour in stiff flex. What I need to figure out now is what tip size do I need, and how do I tip the shafts for a wedge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back