The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Maybe in media coverage. The hatred of Tebow is pretty funny actually in some ways. It shows how little "character" actually matters in sports. I say that not relating it to TW, but NFL and their troubles overall with some athletes.

Arguably the best college football player ever. I think his playoff record wins are similar to Romo as well.
Ehhh. Amateur sports. Hahahaha

1st top 10 in 730 days. Not too shabby.
3 rounds of good golf and 1 round of below average golf, is a really strong move. While I believe the course does have a part in all of this, the golf shots were there. I look foward to the next tournament he plays in.

1st top 10 in 730 days. Not too shabby.
3 rounds of good golf and 1 round of below average golf, is a really strong move. While I believe the course does have a part in all of this, the golf shots were there. I look foward to the next tournament he plays in.
Thats such an ugly stat lol he hit a ton of good shots but man wtf those chunks and rocket out of seemingly nowhere just arent going to get him anywhere. Seriously interested to see how the offseason will treat him going into next season. He may not agree but i think he's got a bunch of positives to go on.

When was the last time he played 4 straight days in contention like that? The shankduff combo may have just been just the tiniest bit of "fatigue" (mental/physical) even for an obvious gym rat like TW. He knew things weren't going per plan and he grinded and wore himself out, maybe.

His other shankduff rounds this year were early on Th/Fr right?

...also TW is more like Roger Federer (if he's still playing in 2020, which he won't be) not Tebow.

Hip injury on 11th hole tee shot?
http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/...ays-hip-hurt-final-round-wyndham-championship

playing with a pulled hip muscle sucks....I had it for most of July were I kept aggravating it (because I'm dumb and wouldn't take more than 1 week off)

Last edited:
Hahaha college sports are like the diet coke of talent.

Whoaaaa. I will not except talk like this. I'm a huge Diet Coke addict. How dare u compare it to college sports.

first time all year I've felt like tiger may actually be back, regardless of how he faded today. I'm looking forward to see what's next for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/my-shot-geoff-ogilvy?currentPage=2

scroll down about half way, to the paragraph that starts "THE SHORT SHOT." geoff ogilvy talks about a famous player who cannot hit 30y pitches. I can't tell from this link, but I think the article was November 2014. can we conclude this is tiger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy moves the needle, that's for sure.

I walked into the clubhouse of a course I've played several times. As I walked in the door a woman was on the phone going out the door. I heard her half of the conversation as we passed each other: "Tiger Woods is on 12 and he ..." I went into the clubhouse to see the tourney's leaderboard. The grill was busier than I ever remember seeing it. At 1:30pm they were sold out of the hamburger special and bratwursts.

ESPN reports Tigers says he hurt his hip during the last round.

He just needs to keep playing tournament golf and get back to a routine of competing instead of focusing on just majors.

Tiger Woods following

Tiger Woods following

I am just curious why Tiger Woods seems to move the needle more than any current golfer.

There seems to be a lot of really good young talented golfers and they just dont get the same attention from the fans or the media as much as Tiger does.

Because he is quite possibly the best golfer ever and it's hard to watch him perform at such a low level.

When it comes to Tiger I never compared him to Jack. I always looked at him and saw someone who changed the game. I saw the player who could pull off shots that nobody thought possible. Even at his worst he still hits shots that amaze me from time to time.

I am just curious why Tiger Woods seems to move the needle more than any current golfer.

There seems to be a lot of really good young talented golfers and they just dont get the same attention from the fans or the media as much as Tiger does.

14 Majors, 79 PGA wins, 106 total Pro Wins around the world& finally there is someone on twitter that is dedicated to tweeting every shot he takes

I went to the Wyndham twice to see Tiger (I missed him the first day). I enjoyed seeing some of the other golfers there, but I wanted to see the greatest golfer of my time play. When Tiger was Tiger I was not into golf. I was aware who he was but did not come to appreciate how great he was until I started playing golf a couple years ago. There was much more excitement on the day I saw Tiger than before.

Yep, there is still a Tiger effect for tournaments...

He still moves the needle... a lot...

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/cbs-owes-tiger-a-big-thank-you-for-these-ridiculous-tv-ratings

It gets crazier when you compare these numbers to the TV numbers of this year's four major championships. The Masters is in its own league, but you'd be amazed at how the Wyndham -- again, the Wyndham -- stacks up. That 3.2 Saturday rating matched the PGA Championship's third-round number when Jordan Spieth and Jason Day were battling at Whistling Straits. And it tops both the Saturday ratings for the U.S. Open and British Open.

That's right, more people tuned into see if Tiger Woods could win in Greensboro than they did to see if Jordan Spieth could keep his Grand Slam hopes alive at St. Andrews.

of course the saturday ratings for The Open were low, they showed about 2 hours of golf.

Yep those numbers are insane, highest Sunday for any non major, and Saturday was higher than all but the Masters, incredible.

He still moves the needle... a lot...

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/cbs-owes-tiger-a-big-thank-you-for-these-ridiculous-tv-ratings

It gets crazier when you compare these numbers to the TV numbers of this year's four major championships. The Masters is in its own league, but you'd be amazed at how the Wyndham -- again, the Wyndham -- stacks up. That 3.2 Saturday rating matched the PGA Championship's third-round number when Jordan Spieth and Jason Day were battling at Whistling Straits. And it tops both the Saturday ratings for the U.S. Open and British Open.

That's right, more people tuned into see if Tiger Woods could win in Greensboro than they did to see if Jordan Spieth could keep his Grand Slam hopes alive at St. Andrews.

Part of this is because there is a newness involved as he has not been around much in 3 years. They wanted to see the return and people thought they were.
Im not diminishing his actions, but week in and week out, he does not keep those ratings. Case in point, a few years back.

Sunday's rating was even higher: 3.9. It was the highest final-round rating for a non-major since the 2012 Quicken Loans Invitational (which Tiger also won). Source: http://www.pgatour.com/news/2015/08/24/tiger-woods-tv-ratings-wyndham.html

Also, interesting article by David Dusek of Golfweek talking about how Tiger's 2016 schedule should change to account for him likely not playing in the WGC events, and how he should add tournaments on courses that are shorter and tighter like Greensboro this past week so he doesn't have to hit driver as much: http://golfweek.com/news/2015/aug/24/tiger-woods-2015-golf-pga-tour-schedule-commentary/

I really hope he plays at least one more tournament in the fall other than Frys.com (which he's already committed to playing) and his own Hero World Challenge event in December. Dusek advises the McGladrey Classic at Sea Island; I wouldn't be surprised if Tiger goes to Australia in November for one of the big tournaments down there. Early in 2016, he should go play Riviera and Pebble Beach along with Torrey Pines.

Why? Look at his stats over his career in win percentage, majors, and his toolkit of shots. There wasn't another golfer more mentally sound / capable in his dominant era.

Who ho moves the needle for you? Who do you enjoy watching?

Back