What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highest round of the year 9over 82 (par73)After the first 5 holes it was all downhill. Legs just weren't into it today and I had a case of the hooks. The bright spot was the 30 putts I had but the rest was bad. What makes it worse is my buddy shot a cool 68, ugh
That's terrible Freddie.......you are dead to me intill you get back into the 70's.

I'm serious! Terrible! And I'm not smiling either!

Let me know if that worked................

Congrats JN on the PB, seriously impressive!

That sucks Freddie but you will have it back next time out I am sure.

I walked 9 this afternoon and shot a 39. Could not get off the tee to save my life but my game from 125 & in was very solid.

3/7 FW
2/9 GIR
14 putts
2 birdies & 1 double

tried to get 18 in before the t-storms hit but could only get 9 in
shot +8
bogey'd every hole except for the short par3 #2
tee shots were money
approach shots were everywhere except on the greens
wedges kept me alive today but i missed too many close putts for par

Got out yesterday for a round. Another horrid putting day with 34 putts. I'm hitting the ball so well with my irons right now, that I really feel I am missing some great scores and throwing a lot of shots away on and around the green. Also had about an extra 8-10 pounds in the bag as well since I had all my rain gear in the bag with the rain clouds hanging over head all day. Made the bag really heavy to begin with, but got used to it as I went along. But no excuse..

Heres the tally...
Winding River Golf Course (35/36=71,71.3/118/6680)
Score: 37/40=77 (6 over)
Fir: 3/7f, 3/7b, 6/14T
Gir: 5/9f, 5/9b, 10/18T. Left 3 on the first cut of fringe
Putts: 16f, 18b 34T. Two 3 putts

JN nice round bro!

Nate I'll redeem myself on Sunday. I could drive through any shot. I don't think I ever hit that may quick hooks in my life

I shot a 90 (44,46). I'm hardly playing these days and it shows. Really enjoyed the round with OG, Dawgdaddy and Lefty78.

I shot the same thing KB did with a 90 (43, 47) I hit the ball decent all day except for from anywhere around the greens. I took 3 to 4 strokes from some embarrassing (40 yds in) short distances! I know that is my weak link so I have to get out and practice if I want to return to form.

I did enjoy it too KB, it was great to tee it up with you three. I hacked it around pretty bad today too, 45/41=86. Started out putting fairly good but it went away on the 4th & 5th holes. Lefty rode 3 hours to play and is on the road right now. He has played in all 50 states and now can cross The Goat Track off of his bucket list too. He has a really good golf swing. Look forward to the next time I get to play with these fine folks.

I ALWAYS enjoy my buddy DawgDaddy and today was fun hacking in the sun :D.

Shot a 37/37 today at the home course for a new personal best of 74!!!! I was absolutely obliterating (for me) my 3w off of the tee and hitting my irons well again. 12/18 GIR with 34 putts (3 birdies, 3 three jacks and I counted four lip outs). It felt almost effortless today.

Super round JN! :clapp: Man I am gonna hit you or Tadashi up for some lessons pretty soon :thumb:

Made it home with only a short side trip to the PGA Superstore in Kennesaw. What a great day! Up at 4:30, on the road a little after five and back home at 6:00 pm and it was worth it to play with fine folks, all enjoying the day for what it was. My round was pretty so so. Started the day with birdie and ended it on 18 with the worst drive I have ever struck in my life with a lot of fun in between. OG, Kellybo, and DD are terrific company where ever but if you get a chance tee it up with those folks, jump at it. I had an 83 with a very generous double bogie "gift" by OG on 18 after the lost ball.

My buddy Lefty has some awesome golfing skills and hits a beautiful long draw off the tee. Well 99 % of the time huh buddy :D. I enjoyed the heck out of our time together today my friend and I also look forward to coming to your home track in Dalton before long! Lefty is the crown jewel of a Southern Gentleman!

8-12.png

38. I Know I should be happy with that, it is my lowest 9 ever at Heart of America, but it is a fairly easy course and I parred the first 6 holes, 7 I bogeyed the par 5 due to a chip over the green then on 8 bladed my 9 iron into some very thick rough behind the green and 3 jacked! I did hit a lot of fairways and putting was pretty darn good minus the 3 jack

League night tonight and I shot a 44. 1 triple bogey, 2 pars, and 5 bogeys. Not a bad round at all. My fourth 9 hole sub 50 round!!

League night tonight and I shot a 44. 1 triple bogey, 2 pars, and 5 bogeys. Not a bad round at all. My fourth 9 hole sub 50 round!!
Nicely done Nerfny, you would have beaten Dean0 easy.

I played it Men's night, and it was ok. I shot 41-44 for an 85. Just so so I guess, I had some great tee shots and some mediocre tee shots, nothing bad. A lot of good iron shots, but some poor iron shots, some great chips and some poor chips.

I did putt really well with the Yes! putter for the first round on the course with 32 putts which right now is great for me. I should be scoring much better, but I'm just not hitting anything really close right now. I'm just off a little bit.

League night for me too. Didn't hit the ball good at all, but I rolled a bunch of putts in from everywhere with my new SeeMore FGP. 15 putts for 9 holes, a vast improvement over early in the year. Ended up with a 43, but we took a bunch of points and moved into second, 3 points out.

All in all, a good night.

This is what happens when I play from the whites. . .

7793640544_d6cc30c372.jpg

Played the Front 9-easier 9 and I scored a 38 really solid round! I should play from the whites more often

This is what happens when I play from the whites. . .

7793640544_d6cc30c372.jpg

Played the Front 9-easier 9 and I scored a 38 really solid round! I should play from the whites more often

dude nice! usually play blues i take it?

Yeah, I probably shouldn't haha I'm no golf pro

you can only get better if you push yourself. once you can start shooting that kind of score from the blues, you'll play even better from the whites. :p

Way to go Jenn, congrats!!

Started on the back before 8:00 a.m. with no range time. It was evident, as I couldn't find fairways to save my life. By the time I made the turn and played the front I was getting things figured out, and the two fairways missed were actually good swings that just missed but weren't in any trouble. This was from the 77.5/145 tees.

41a78a4e-005e-5f0d.jpg

Skipped off the pond using Tapatalk

believe i shot a 40, in my little 9 hole adventure last night.
what a gorgeous night it was...

Different day same story, shot a 93 of which only 51 were shots. Might be time for a Seemore...

80. With three disappointing double-bogeys...otherwise, steady par-bogey-par-bogey...

After not playing for a few weeks, and over a month before that round, I went out today and shot my best ever 96. I started out very rusty with a triple, double, then a double, then made several pars in a row. My average is around the very low 100's - I'm usually happy if I can get it down to a 99. Today was just an overall great round for me. My putting saved my butt for the most part.

Back nine (started here) - 46
Front nine (second nine) - 50

I also play without a driver or any woods - teeing off with a 4-iron on almost every hole. Makes the course feel a lot longer, but I managed to shoot my best round ever anyway! Very good day.

Glad you made it home safely Don, I am having trouble with the Youtube upload of the HOTD, I will get it as soon as Youtube cooperates. I too really enjoyed the day.

Thanks for the video, I saw something in there that helped me a lot. I was hitting the ball really solid for the most part today. The legs gave out on the back side after that long day yesterday and walking in the heat today but the ball striking was a lot better today and the video gets most of the credit.

I played the golds (72.4/141) and was able to adjust the faster greens, yep, left putts just as short as yesterday :bulgy-eyes: but did roll a couple of long birdies in and a short one for good measure. Bad, I had three double bogies, two from being in the thick rough and one for being a knucklehead. 79 (40, 39)

I played at a local private club today. Irish Creek. I shot my career low with 76 on par 70. I played from the blue tees, which were 6,489 yds. I had 11/14 FIRs and 9/18 GIRs. What a great feeling to finally break 80!

I played at a local private club today. Irish Creek. I shot my career low with 76 on par 70. I played from the blue tees, which were 6,489 yds. I had 11/14 FIRs and 9/18 GIRs. What a great feeling to finally break 80!

congrats on the PB....seems to be a lot of that going on this week!

Wow Grant! Great job dude !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back