rghilljr

Reaction score
Handicap
Need to buy my father in law a birthday present. He is a golfer and probably about a 12 HC. He loves Golf Smith and Golf Galaxy so besides a gift card, what are some good gifts that you would want for someone to give you?

Buy him a gift certificate to nice course in your area.

you could get him a 'golfer's basket' where you pick up quite a few items and put em together...ie a towel, divot tool, mark or two, tees, cleaning brush, maybe a sleeve or two of balls, headcover...my fiancee did this for me last year and it was pretty awesome.

GPS or Rangefinder is always good, could be more than you want to spend though.

what kind of $$$ are you thinking of spending?

Just ask the guy what he needs or wants. I hate receiving gift that I don't need or want. I wish people just be straight up and ask what I need/want.
Just my 2 cents.

if you like him, take him golfing.

Introduce him to THP by taking him to the September outing!

That would be great but I can't even make it....but I could introduce him to the site

I always like to get golf shirts or shorts as presents. They can be expensive and aren't quite as much fun for me to buy personally as gear is.
This way my better half usually ends up buying the majority of my golf wardrobe too - win win for me as I have no fashion sense.

+1.

But in all seriousness, it does sort of depend on the money your looking to spend. The golf gift basket sounds pretty awesome. You could also get him something like maybe the amphibian golf towel, or even just a nice divot repair tool. On the pricier side of things, a nice framed picture of one of many famous holes in golf makes for great decoration.

~Rock

That would be great but I can't even make it....but I could introduce him to the site

There's always the THP store and GG get's stuff out quick. The putter covers are as cool as it get's!

Personally, I like receiving gift cards. The one time someone bought me a club was a disaster. Then he can pick out what he wants. If you want a personal touch on it, How about a custom Rocket Tour or similar head cover with his name or favorite baseball team or whatever on it? Personalize his favorite golf balls? I like the sound of the golfers gift basket.

There's always the THP store and GG get's stuff out quick. The putter covers are as cool as it get's!

That would be a great idea to get him introduced.

Also with that price range if you know his sizes you could always get him some nice golf polos.

how about a pair of golf shoes? Plenty of good options for around $100

Ask him what he wants. He/She will not be happy with any type of equipment, unless, it's exactly what they want. This includes balls.

Golf Attire may be an exception. For $100, you could get a really nice Wind Resistant pull over.

A THP head cover and a Dozen balls he might not buy for himself would would stay within a $100.00.

The golf basket sounds great. I'll have to keep that in mind.

I'd be careful about buying random golf stuff. It is very easy to buy the wrong thing, even if what you are buying is nice.

Golf shirts are always a good idea. It's hard to go wrong with those (unless you start getting a bunch of Rickie Fowler-esqe Puma stuff for your father-in-law). If you know what type of shoes or golf balls he likes, those would work as well. I would generally stay away from clubs.

Good luck.

Get him something nice that he would not buy for himself. Whether that is a nice outfit that perhaps he would not spend the money on cause it's not a great value, or shoes if you think he needs an upgrade there.

Definitely buy local so returns are easy and he can try on/exchange as needed.

I think a round of golf is a great idea, as is a putter cover from THP, or customize some golf balls for him if you know what he plays

Back