tpc harding park vs pasatiempo ?

whtblkdc2

Reaction score
Handicap
has anyone played both ? which would you recommend ?

havn't played either, but know of both. my answer, and probably the best answer, PLAY BOTH! :D

I have not played either, but I can tell you that Pasa is on my must play list and Harding Park is on a if I get around to it list. Pasatiempo is, by most accounts, a superior course. That is saying a lot since Harding Park is supposed to be pretty dang good as well.

From my current Golf Digest:

"After Bobby Jones played the Alister Mackenzie design, he hired him to build Augusta National."

Enough said for me. Pasatiempo is on my must play list now.

I've played both. Play Pasatiempo. Just be sure to hit the ball straight and bring your crying towel if the pin is at the bottom on 16 and you are at the top.

BTW - when are you gonna play it? Pasa is 3 mins from my front door.

I've played both. Play Pasatiempo. Just be sure to hit the ball straight and bring your crying towel if the pin is at the bottom on 16 and you are at the top.

haha, looks like i'm bring a crying towel cause i def don't hit straight, i can't hit a fade or straight shot for my life, always a draw or a hook. i'm planning to play there september 14th so in just about a month, gonna be there to visit some old friends and friday is the only day i can play cause the weekend schedule is all booked up

originally, i was planning to play halfmoon bay but when i called, pro shop said that the 14th is complete bought out (both courses) for some tournament which is why i'm left with pasatiempo or tpc harding park but i guess it's all gonna work out since pasatiempo is clearly the choice by everyone, thanks for all the help!

haha, looks like i'm bring a crying towel cause i def don't hit straight, i can't hit a fade or straight shot for my life, always a draw or a hook. i'm planning to play there september 14th so in just about a month, gonna be there to visit some old friends and friday is the only day i can play cause the weekend schedule is all booked up

you'll most certainly hit some rich guy's house on #6 then. :)

I am playing in an NCGA event on the 13th. If you play Pasa and have a spot in your foursome on the 14th, let me know.

you'll most certainly hit some rich guy's house on #6 then. :)

I am playing in an NCGA event on the 13th. If you play Pasa and have a spot in your foursome on the 14th, let me know.

will do, off topic, i see your avatar is an open wheel formula car, possibly from a racing school, have you done any ? i used to race motorcycles in WERA but now only attend track events as a hobby but i've originally always been into motorsports. If you have attend a formula racing school, how are they ?

will do, off topic, i see your avatar is an open wheel formula car, possibly from a racing school, have you done any ? i used to race motorcycles in WERA but now only attend track events as a hobby but i've originally always been into motorsports. If you have attend a formula racing school, how are they ?

That's me in the corkscrew turn at Laguna Seca last year. Skip Barber 2-day racing school. LOVED IT. Highly recommended to learn advanced car control concepts that apply to every day driving (as well as track racing)

That's me in the corkscrew turn at Laguna Seca last year. Skip Barber 2-day racing school. LOVED IT. Highly recommended to learn advanced car control concepts that apply to every day driving (as well as track racing)

that's some good stuff ! laguna seca was insanely fun on a motorcycle, looking forward to being there in a car, i'm gonna try to make another trip out there just for that haha

I have lived in the Bay Area for most of my life and played quite a few of the local courses but never played Harding Park, even getting a discounted area rate it still seems way too expensive to me. As an out of towner (sp?) I could find a better way to blow the money I think.

You might have to get playing Pasatiempo out of your system, but I don't think it worth whatever price they are charging. Personally I would play Bayonet and Blackhorse both for less than the price of a round at Pasatiempo. Check to see when these places start aerating too as Sept/Oct is popular to aerate. Just my $0.02

I have lived in the Bay Area for most of my life and played quite a few of the local courses but never played Harding Park, even getting a discounted area rate it still seems way too expensive to me. As an out of towner (sp?) I could find a better way to blow the money I think.

You might have to get playing Pasatiempo out of your system, but I don't think it worth whatever price they are charging. Personally I would play Bayonet and Blackhorse both for less than the price of a round at Pasatiempo. Check to see when these places start aerating too as Sept/Oct is popular to aerate. Just my $0.02

Honestly, this is a pretty good rec. Bayonet and Blackhorse are both fantastic courses and half the price of Pasatiempo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Honestly, this is a pretty good rec. Bayonet and Blackhorse are both fantastic courses and half the price of Pasatiempo.

+1 on Bayonet and Black Horse.

They're in phenomenal shape right now to. Black Horse is holding the fist stage of Q school this year and Bayonet held the PGA Professionals National Championship. That's gotta give you a good reference of how good these courses are.

thanks for all the help everyone!

Pasatiempo no question, as long as you're not expecting to score (or have less than 36 putts). If you look online (and have some flexibility) the week before you play, you can usually find a round for $125 or $150, which is a decent discount from the regular rate.

One add: regardless of which one you play, bring a warm layer or two - the marine layer/fog can make it cooler than you'd expect.

One add: regardless of which one you play, bring a warm layer or two - the marine layer/fog can make it cooler than you'd expect.

that's def a good tip, i was actually thinking ill be fine without it since it's only september but i didnt take the marie layer into account, thanks cauley.

Yes the marine layer has been sitting here happily for a week now. If you were playing today, you'd need that extra layer.

Back