need to get this off my chest, thanks for being/having a place to do it

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
i know you might just pass on by this thread, and that's ok with me, i just need to get some things off my chest, and i feel this is a warm-hearted enough place to do it..
i know you might think i'm being an attention wh*** by saying the following few things, but i'm not.

many of you don't know much about me, and i guess that's proper considering i'm just a 16 y/o kid who lives in Oregon..
but i have been dealing with a lot of crap lately, and what happened today (8/19) has not helped by any means whatsoever.

my mother, from the late 1990's 'til about 5 months ago, has been a raging meth addict, liar, jerk, b*tch, and everything else in the negative side of the book, to me, my father, my sister, my whole family, and pretty much everyone she has ever been around. she was put up for adoption at the age of 3 because she was such a pain to her biological family.

no matter what she does, she is never in the wrong. she has a need to be better than people- not in the moral way. whenever an opportunity for her to get something comes up, she does it. she is the type that will not only kick you while you're down, but rob you, laugh at you, and probably spit on you.

around the year 1998, she got into meth, forcing my dad to move out of the house. in July of 2000, my dad got custody of me, and has had custody ever since. around the year 2006 rolls around, i had hardly been hearing from her, let alone seeing her, no more than 5 times a year. we started doing counseling, because for whatever reason i had a feeling that she had changed and was a great person, so i wanted to start seeing her again- what a big mistake that was.

in early '07 i started feeling comfortable enough to spend a night at her house twice or three times a month. that ended in '08. she was never in the house, always leaving me to deal with my (at the time) 4 y/o down-syndromatic brother (born in '04). i stopped going to her house very much in mid '08. didn't hear from her the rest of the year. not even a call for my birthday. same in '09. 3 calls the entire year, once at 11:30 on the night of my birthday, and you could tell she was high as a kite. next year, i see her twice the year. 2011 rolls around, she comes in for about one month in feb/march, acting like she's always been there for me and she's a great person and it's my duty to love her (what the heck, right?) only calls the rest of the year was my birthday, and some time in august saying she had tried to call but she has been busy (sitting on her fat butt getting money from the government doing nothing). I call BS. (note: the only time i had seen her in the years she hardly called was on christmas, which my sister paid for, and sometimes thanksgiving)

at the beginning of this year she started calling around twice a month. i saw her about once every two months. no call for my birthday, though. about two months ago, i get a call from her, first time in about 6 weeks, saying she wants to take me shopping, get me some clothes, shoes, and whatnot. i'm on edge about it, as she's never done anything for me, but why not. i go, she buys me one pair of $60 shoes, about $40 worth of groceries, and about $40 in bedding. not what i had in mind, but OK. shoes; great, still just fine. grocies; went down in a week, a little help. bedding; ripped the first day, total crap. the same day, she offers to give me a car that the story behind sounds VERY sketchy (as in possibly stolen). OK. she says if i don't want it, she'll sell it and give me the money. i end up deciding i don't want it because i'm already getting my great-grandma's subaru. she says OK, i'll sell it. a month later, i ask her where the money is, because i'm getting POed. i could've used this money on golf crap that i fell in love with on this danged site! anyways, i'm just rambling.

what happened today is what i'm getting at. last night she told me to come over to help her sell the car (she finally found a buyer, now that the person who's property the car is on told her to get it gone by tuesday). i get on my bike for 3 miles, get on the bus for 30 minutes, and get to her house at 10am to find out she just wanted me to come to church with her (which took 2.5 hours, and we were 30 mins late), and watch my brother (who is now 8) while she sells the car because she doesn't want anything to happen to my brother if the buyer for the car decides to "pull a gun" on her. i find out the buyer is one of her friends. i didn't need to be there in the first place!! we start biking to the place where the car is, and all of the sudden, i look back hoping to see my mother, and she's gone. i circle back, nowhere to be seen. she ditched me. i have to bike all of the way home, 'cause i didn't have money for the bus. 6 miles. my feet were already killing me. then when i get home and tell her how much it pissed me off, she says "i was right behind you! i yelled your name to come back but you just kept on going!" TOTAL BS.
anyways, my eyes are starting to hurt from looking at this screen for so long, so i'll stop there. thanks for giving me a place to get this off of my chest..
if you have any questions, comments, or possible ways to deal with this, let me know.
thanks
-O. Jack

The next part--

Thanks guys. Got a good nights rest, eyes dont hurt anymore, so now ill finish the story.
Shes a thief. She owes my dad over $20K, has never Paid child support for me, and declines ever having to. She steals things from me, my dad, and my 21 yr old year at any chance.
Just a little about my sister- born with meth addict mother and crack addict father- been through about 25 different foster homes, just graduated college and is the manager of 3 wendy's stores, working 50hrs p/week

Back to the main topic.
The other day my mom sent my dad a message on facebook saying she stole something from our house that was rightfully hers. IF we had something that's yours, just ASK for it!! She says shes all perfect now cause shes clean and goes to chuch 3 times a week and "never wants to touch a bit of that stuff again." im not seeing this perfect person, and i doubt i ever will. Yesterday, when i was at her house, she made me sign a note saying shebought me a pair Of shoes and a backpack that she got from the gov. For free. She almost broke my $350 bike and says "i didnt do sh*t to your stupid bike". Right, your fat butt failing at tryin to pull wheelies (and almost eating pavement) on my bike didnt un-align the wheel.
And with that car, she sold it for A THIRD of what she said its worth. WHAT? Thats my money youre losing there! She said shell give me $250 of it, but i doubt ill ever see that money. Now she says if i want the money i have to be at her house at 10am on sunday to go to church with her again, stay at her house 'til 6, go to anither church for dinner, then go home. I am NOT doing that. The last thing i told her was "get my money ($250) or i can gaurantee you will not be seeing me for a looong while."

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to quit trying, worrying, talking with her and let her figure herself out. Luckily I didnt deal with this with any of my immediate family. My mom felt with her sister but no effect on me.

Jesus Jack that's tough man. I think you have done more than your duty in giving her chances to make things right between you both. I

I haven't seen my father since I was 11 (am now 31). He ran off with "the town bike" as she christened herself,when I was 9,breezed back when I was 11 looking for a chance to come back into my life. When I didn't call him,I wanted to see if he would call if he really wanted me but he didn't and I've never seen or heard from him since.

It's better off this way in my opinion Jack and you have done your part in making it right. You need to move on and build your own life now without her in it,as she is only going to be an anchor to your prosperity my friend.

Graham.

Bro, if you need to talk to someone, feel free to PM me, I don't know what else to say than to keep your head high and be the best you can be, my prayers go out to you and your family and if you need anything even if it's just someone to talk to, PM me man

Uriel

OJ i'm glad you decided to get this off your chest. Things like this are best not kept to yourself. You probably need to sit down with someone outside of all this and talk to them. Fair play to you for having the b**** to come on here and tell people what your going through.

Wow Jack...thank you for sharing thus with your THP family...it seems like you've done all you can do to try to help and forgive. Perhaps its best for you to separate yourself from it for your own mental and physical health. We're here for you.

Oregon that is sad stuff buddy. I feel for any young person who feels they got the short end of the deal with a parent/parents. Some of these lessons you have gone through, could make you the best parent a kid could want. Try to take the positive out of a very negative situation and your life will be better for it. My prayers are with ya!

Damn man, that sounds horrible. I hope things eventually get better or she just leaves you alone.

formerly butters35

Thoughts and prayers to you and all of you family OJ, that is a lot for someone so you to have to deal with. I am glad you are comfortable sharing your story with us here at THP and as others have said, we are here for you. I too invite you to PM me if you would like to talk with someone.

Dang Jack that really sucks man. Hopefully getting that off your chest will help some, we're here for you any time you need to rant buddy. Hang in there!

Jack that sounds tough man. I have no advise for you. Just keep your head up and keep moving forward. Maybe make your mom a thing of the past until she can get clean

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Wow Jack...thank you for sharing thus with your THP family...it seems like you've done all you can do to try to help and forgive. Perhaps its best for you to separate yourself from it for your own mental and physical health. We're here for you.

I agree, and was going to say that the only person's health you need to worry about at this point is your own. At 16, don't let this drag you down a bottomless pit. Take care of those that you can actually help, not those that don't care.

Jack, I am sorry to hear about what you have to deal with in your life. If you need someone to talk to I would be here to listen to you.

So sorry for your troubles Jack.

Sometimes it's the family that you build, not the family that you're born into, where you will find the most solace. And, if your father is supportive, speak with him...

Jack if you need someone to talk to feel free to contact me. That's really tough dude.

Jack, sorry that this is a part of your life. It's probably not easy to have to make the decisions you are at such a young age. While I don't know exactly what your situation is like I can say that if I were in your shoes, I'd probably cut all ties with her and try to get on with your life. I don't know anything about you except the things I read on the forum. I'd bet that you're probably a good kid with a good head on your shoulders. This is probably going to be the hardest thing you have to deal with in life and I know that this is not going to bring much comfort but, this is what makes you who you are. Situations like this build character. I know that that's no constellation. It seems as though your dad has done a great job in raising you thus far. I think that this can only drag you down. Getting your hopes up on someone who has made a habit of shattering them. I would put it behind me and move one. I am also dealing with addiction in my family and I know the struggles that are associated with the disease. It's a draining and daunting process. My situation is a little different than yours though. I know at 16 this has to seem unreal to have to deal. I'm sure that you will get through this. If you need anything feel free to PM me.

Jack, do you know of any AlaTeen groups in your area?

OJ

Thanks for having the courage to get that out here and my advice is to stay away from here. She is killing you inside and it's not good for your psyche at all. Until she is drug free and acting in your best interest I would avoid her

Sorry this happened man. Stay strong and do what's right for you

Yeah. That sucks man. Hold your head high and know that you are and will be a better person.

Really sorry you have to deal with all this stuff man.

I hate hearing stuff like this for you and hope all turns around for you soon. Sounds like you do have several others in your family to depend on who care for you, let them know how much you care for them.

That sucks dude. Sorry. One thing is for sure, no one can accuse you of not trying.

~Rock

Back