I "pulled the pin"

Well, took it out to the range today. Here are my thoughts...

Matte black crown looks awesome. I've had the G25, I25, and G30 and this looks just as good as the Ping. The sound is very solid sounding. Not as loud as the Bridgestone. At set up the driver inspires confidence, as in, doesn't look too hard to hit.

As far as ball flight, it was a little lower than my Bridgestone. Not too sure how much is the head and how much is the shaft. Also, my Bombtech is 10.5* and the J815 is 12*. It flew farther as well. I don't have exact numbers (I'm a short hitter). I hit a couple toe shots and a heel shot. Definitely penalized there, but not as bad as most. Luckily most of my strikes were in the middle. A couple people asked what I was hitting and of course they never heard of Bombtech. There were impressed by the looks and sound.

i think I found my new gamer. Once photobucket gets back on line I'm going to list the J815

Would you say it is on par with what you would expect from a solid driver?

I would say so. Give it a try!

I am very much leaning this way. Although I dont know if I need a Driver in my bag. Just got the Mini Driver in the middle of last season. Also, I would probably get this with the stock shaft so I am guessing that would make big differences.

But thank you. Ive read so many negative things about it. It was nice to hear a positive review.

I am very much leaning this way. Although I dont know if I need a Driver in my bag. Just got the Mini Driver in the middle of last season. Also, I would probably get this with the stock shaft so I am guessing that would make big differences.

But thank you. Ive read so many negative things about it. It was nice to hear a positive review.
Just so I can entertain my curiosity, where are those negative reviews?

Just so I can entertain my curiosity, where are those negative reviews?

A old thread on here had numerous posters saying negative things. Also, comments on GolfWRX and Golfspy.

A old thread on here had numerous posters saying negative things. Also, comments on GolfWRX and Golfspy.
Iirc, that's because of the empty promises to send one in for review. Fact is, there has been no official THP review and the people here that have gotten one, have liked it.

Iirc, that's because of the empty promises to send one in for review. Fact is, there has been no official THP review and the people here that have gotten one, have liked it.

Yeah. I think the negative comments aren't about the actual driver itself. I've emailed Sully a few times and he's been nothing but helpful. I opted to build my own rather than get one with a stock shaft (I like to customize) but if you purchase a built driver I believe he has a 60 day return policy.

I was hoping you got the murdered out one!

12509458_949910451758447_3678148952282781151_n.jpg

Yeah. I think the negative comments aren't about the actual driver itself. I've emailed Sully a few times and he's been nothing but helpful. I opted to build my own rather than get one with a stock shaft (I like to customize) but if you purchase a built driver I believe he has a 60 day return policy.

Yea, if i decide to buy a driver it will 99% be a Grenade. I am just still not sure if buying a driver is necessary or the right club for me to get right now.

You have to consider the sources and realize who pays the bills on those sites. Most at those sites and here don't EVER think outside "the box".

You have to consider the sources and realize who pays the bills on those sites. Most at those sites and here don't EVER think outside "the box".
My bills aren't paid by any club companies. I will post whatever I want to.

I really and truly hope you get the chance to dive in head first all around here and see just how off base that is. THP has, and will always, be whatever someone wants to make it and facilitate discussion of whatever company or product that they want to.

As to this company, much of the angst came from failed promises of sending the club in for review, which is a shame as I truly believe it would open some eyes and is a solid offering.

We can be called a lot of things, but trapped inside of "the box" is pretty funny.

The amount of "Firsts" that THP has done in the world of golf digital media is larger than just about any other place on the internet. That is not hyperbole, bias or anything else. Thats fact. Some may like our "firsts", others may not, but inside the box this crew is definitely not.

I say that not to diminish one's opinion or thoughts, but to point out that one should experience something before casting stones at it.

This site is pretty vanilla...

Events with Cure, Wilson staff, Epoch Tees, and Kenwool are located squarely in "the box". The Grandaddy was probably the most normal, expected, unimaginative event that I've ever been to*

*Said no one ever

Take your coat off man, stay awhile! Stroll through the website and see what's going on! The PGA show coverage is coming up, and I assure you some things will be covered that you've never heard of, and a lot of other websites might gloss over. Don't just get involved here, though. Check out what this site offers on Twitter and Periscope, you might be surprised on the indepth/diverse coverage that goes on for the mainstream AND off-the-beaten-path.

Well, regardless of the drama, opinions, etc. this driver is SOLID....

I think we can all see through some of these posts for what they are. Just plain ol trolling.

Kuyaariel have you done any tests on a launch monitor against your J815 to see any statistical gains?

Last edited:
No, I haven't. I've never used launch monitors before. I took both drivers to the range, and preferred the ball flight, sound, and look at address of the Bombtech. It also appeared to go farther than the Bridgestone, though I can't say for certain. I like this driver so much I'm going to get the fairway woods!

I think we can all see through some of these posts for what they are. Just plain ol trolling.

Kuyaariel have you done any tests on a launch monitor against your J815 to see and statistical gains?

I really kinda want to hit one of these, purely out of curiosity. They look pretty cool, I know that.

I really kinda want to hit one of these, purely out of curiosity. They look pretty cool, I know that.

Me too, but I can't with the way their structure works. They say moneyback guarantee, but they keep some of your payment if you return it. Not going to work for me.

I will also so, I like the driver so much I'm going to give the 3 wood a try. Kinda wished they had a 4 wood but that's ok. This is going to replace my Tour Edge CB pro 4 wood.

I will also so, I like the driver so much I'm going to give the 3 wood a try. Kinda wished they had a 4 wood but that's ok. This is going to replace my Tour Edge CB pro 4 wood.

Would you say the face is more of a closed, open, or neutral look?

I've had a Grenade for over a year and still love it! U will love urs

I have never hit this, and probably never will as the shipping / buy before you try model has me slightly annoyed. I will say, the sound of the driver is loud and impressive in the videos that I've seen. It reminds me of my old cobra SZ. That thing would reverberate through the driving range if my swing was on point. It actually once scared an older woman who was next to me.

I bet the Bombtech booth at the PGA show was impressive...

Back