ClubCorp
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ledgestone Golf Course- Branson MO (Site of 2013 THP Branson Invitational)

Handicap
    13.6 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,578 Posts

Ledgestone Golf Course- Branson MO (Site of 2013 THP Branson Invitational)

This Will Serve as the Review of Ledgestone Country Club in Branson Missouri. Me and JeffReed are heading out there tomorrow.

https://www.ledgestonegolf.com

Here is some information from the course:

Our
    18-hole, par 71, championship course is tucked away amidst the Ozark Mountains, just minutes from downtown Branson. LedgeStone C.C. offers a challenging and rewarding golf experience that has won the praise of members, guests and visitors alike. A combination of strategy and consideration for natural design, this dramatic Tom Clark layout features distinct elevation changes that require accurate shot shaping and distance control. Our five teeing areas stretch from 4,906 to 6,881 yards through the spectacular natural beauty of rock outcroppings, creeks, ponds and forest. The brilliance of the surroundings perfectly frames our faultless Bentgrass greens and tree lined Zoysia fairways, all of which are meticulously maintained by our dedicated staff.

This is the view of the sign when you drive into Ledgestone. It is a scenic, probably 2 mile drive through the hills of the Ozarks to get to the clubhouse.

When you pull into the parking lot you are greeted with this very nice view. The American Flag is a nice touch.

Here is the clubhouse. It is a gorgeous building, and a very big and expansive one at that. Includes a very stocked pro shop.

Here is a picture of me and Jeff walking into the Proshop.

This is the Dining Area.

This is the Ledgestone Grille. Has a full menu as well as a bar and a place to get snacks and gatorades, waters, etc.

Here is the driving range. Plenty of marked flags and enough space for 20-30 people on the range.

This is the short game area. A bunker that is filled with the softer sand we found out on the course.

Here is the very large putting green. This is located on the other side of the clubhouse near the parking lot.

What an awesome view behind the putting green. A gorgeous waterfall with the Ledgestone Logo made out of rocks on the right side.
    Last edited by TexasHacker34; 06-26-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    WITB Thanks to the generosity of and

GBB 10.5 with Aldila Rogue 70 or Hashimoto
    816 3 Wood with Aldila Rogue 70
    GBB Heavenwood with Aldila Rogue 70
    Apex 4H
    Apex CF16 5-AW with Recoil 110s
    MD3 56W and 60W with Recoil 110s
    Works Tank Cruiser #7

Handicap
    13.6 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,578 Posts
    This is going to be the review for the Front 9 at Ledgestone. Jeff and I arrived at the course about an hour early and checked into the proshop. We were greeted by two friendly employees who gave us range balls and led us to the driving range. After we hit balls and putted we were off to the first hole.

Hole #1: The Slot Par 4 326 Yards

This hole is a pretty easy one to start your day. Very straight forward, a tee shot left or right will actually end up pretty good as the fairway slopes pretty severely into the middle. I know I hit a pretty big draw with my 3W that hit off the slope on the right and I had about 70 yards into the green. The approach shot is into a severely uphill green that is two tiered. The pin was up top and Jeff missed the green long which will not work with the up-top pin location. This was the first sign that accuracy is going to play a premium at this course

Hole #2: The Ridge Par 4 370 Yards

This hole has a pretty decent sized fairway, but is guarded by a massive bunker down the left side. I took my driver and went over the bunker (by accident) and cleared it pretty easily, which left me about 40 yards into the green, but I think the safe play is to take a 3W or Hybrid down the right side which will leave you with a mid-short iron into the green.

Hole #3 The Wall Par 3 192 Yards

Jeff and I both believe this hole is going to eat some people’s lunches out on the course. It played 192 yards from the blue tees, but had something like 50 feet in elevation change. The green was surrounded by bunkers on front, right, and left. This is a very tough Par 3 for sure.

Hole #4 The Glen Par 4 420 Yards

This is a challenging Par 4. The fairway slopes from right to left but there isn’t much room down the right side as it is guarded heavily by woods. The smart play is a 3W or Driver down the left side leaving you with a mid iron into the green. There is water left of the green and long as well as two bunkers guarding the left side.

Hole #5 Temptation Par 3 126 Yards

This is by far the easiest of the Par 3s. Just a wedge into a pretty receptive green, but the view is really cool. The view of the hills and the highway in the background. If you hit the green it should be an easy par, but miss short right you are in a bunker, further right I have no idea what is down there, but you don’t want to be there. Left and long is OB also, but the green is pretty big and I think this hole will produce quite a few pars.

Hole #6 The Mermaid Par 4 390 Yards

This is a gorgeous hole. There is a lake down the entire left side of the fairway and about 20-25 yards off the fairway down the right side is Roark Creek which runs through a lot of the course. It is a truly beautiful hole. A drive down the middle of the fairway will leave you with a pretty easy approach into the green which has bunkers left and right and obviously trouble left with the water.

Hole #7 Sycamore Par 5 526 Yards

This is the first Par 5, and the only one on the front 9. I think the Par 5s at Ledgestone are very fair and can lead to quite a few birdie opportunities come Invitational Time. Shots that hook can find the creek and shots that miss too far right with a driver may find some bunkers. There is a very large tree in the middle of the fairway that I used as my aiming point and I ended up just clipping it. The green has big grass hills behind the green and bunkers on the left and right side. 3 relatively good shots will give everyone looks at birdie or par here.

Hole #8 Deception Par 4 355 Yards (Sorry forgot pics!!)

This hole has Roark Creek running down the right side as well as a bunker down the left side and a couple in front of the green. From the fairway the bunkers look to be right on the front of the green, but in actuality there is about 25 yards between bunkers and green, so don’t come up short.

Hole #9 Straight Shooter Par 4 428 Yards

This is a great finishing hole to the front 9. Not a ton of room to miss left or right. Bunkers on both left and right side of the fairway so a straight tee shot is needed. A slice from a right handed golfer will find Roark Creek, but if you can avoid the bunkers it is a pretty easy approach shot into the green which is guarded by bunkers on the left and right sides.

Last edited by TexasHacker34; 06-26-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Apex 4H
    Works Tank Cruiser #7

Handicap
    13.6 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,578 Posts
    This section is reserved for the Back 9. As if the Front 9 wasn’t scenic enough, I personally think the Back 9 stole the show at Ledgestone. Some of the views made Jeff and I stop and just stare.

Hole #10 Tough Love Par 4 386 Yards

Just as the name describes, this is a tough hole to start off the back 9. From the tee box it doesn’t look like there is much room at all to land your tee shot, but favoring the left side was key to this hole, something me and Jeff didn’t do. The right side has little room before the wooded area and fescue come into play, so do not miss right. If you are able to find the fairway you will have a mid to short iron into a green with a few bunkers on the left side, so right is the miss on this hole.

Hole #11 Ruby Par 4 272 Yards

This was a very interesting hole. From the tee box it just looks odd, that is the best way I can describe it. Jeff and I sat for a second trying to contemplate what to hit. There is a huge fairway bunker on the left side of the fairway, but quite a bit of room on the right. On this hole, a hybrid or long iron down the right side is the best play. The green is uphill and deep so hitting it to the right location is key.

Hole #12 Sidewinder Par 4 391 Yards

This is a fun hole. First of all the tee shot provides a spectacular few of the Branson hills and this hole has a fairway shaped like a snake. Favor the left side with a long iron or hybrid to give you a good look into the green. Jeff and I both hit long iron and were left with about 130 yards into a severely uphill green. Any shot that is short may roll all the way back down the fairway or into the water on the left side. It is a demanding approach shot.

Hole #13 The Valley Par 5 532 Yards

This is the longest hole on the golf course, and I don’t imagine any will be reaching in two. Brave hitters can try and cut the corner with their driver, which may be the only way to reach in 2, but if you miss, you are OB left in the woods. The safe play is a 3 wood down the middle or right side which will give you 250-270 into the green. A long iron will leave you with a wedge into an uphill, two tiered green, with bunkers surrounding it.

Hole #14 The Shelf Par 4 386 Yards

This is a true 90 degree dogleg right. Cutting off the corner isn’t advisable and a 3wood or hybrid down the center will give you the best chance for the approach shot. A shot that misses right may find a massive bunker or possibly roll way down the hill and onto the 13th fairway. Missing left of this green is best. The green itself is narrow, but long.

Hole #15 The Quarry Par 3 170 Yards

This has to be the signature hole at Ledgestone. Jeff and I probably sat on the teebox for 5 minutes snapping photos to send to friends. From the Blue tees it was about 85 feet drop from the teeing area to the putting surface. Miss right, and you are in the quarry, which is filled with water. This is a very big green, so finding the right part of it is key. This is another hole that may be filled with some high numbers.

Hole #16 The Big Chill Par 4 388 Yards

This is a really fun hole. You tee off from an elevated tee box to a dogleg right fairway. The best play is to aim at the fairway bunkers, because if you attempt to cut the dogleg you most likely will end up in the woods. A shot short of these bunkers will leave you 100 yards or so into the biggest green on the course. Don’t miss your approach shot right as there is a pond to collect the golf balls. This is one of the prettiest backdrops on the course in my opinion.

Hole #17 Gamblers Revenge Par 3 210 Yards

This hole is rightfully named. A 210 Yard Par 3, with water carry. Taking this green on may not be the best plan, Jeff and I think aiming towards the bailout area on the right and attempting to get up and down is going to be the best play. A 4 acre lake with a fountain surrounds the green, and anything left or short is more than likely going to find the water.

Hole #18 The Plunge Par 5 552 Yards

Before Jeff and I teed off, the man who took our clubs to the clubhouse told me on 18 to aim left. He said going into the woods was ok because it was going to spit the ball back out into the fairway. From the teebox, this hole looks extremely menacing, no room to miss, but keeping this in mind I aimed down the left side and saw my ball barely enter the woods. Upon arrival, I found it sitting in the middle of the fairway about 250 yards out. Going for the green is a true risk-reward. The green isn’t very big, and water guards the green short and left, and bunkers long and right. Behind the green is water and the picturesque waterfall that you saw when you entered the course.

This golf course is simply stunning. Jeff and I didn’t score that well, but we both are so eager to play this again. I think the people who win this invitational are going to be the ones that play it safe in the middle of the fairway with long irons and fairway woods. I can confidently say driver may not leave my bag in July. It is beautifully maintained, provides great views, and is a great challenge without being overly penalizing.

I hope you enjoyed the review, and if you are on the fence I urge you to come experience Branson golf at its finest.
    Last edited by TexasHacker34; 06-28-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Apex 4H
    Works Tank Cruiser #7

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TexasHacker34 For This Useful Post:

Dance_Business (07-11-2013), Illinimick (06-27-2013), tequila4kapp (06-23-2015)

the Beags of THP...

Handicap
    Rum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,487 Posts
    Reserved #3, just kidding.

Looking forward to seeing some great pics, Tex!

Handicap
    13.6 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,578 Posts
    Alright guys! First 3 posts are updated! Sorry about the delay, but uploading that many pictures took quite awhile!

Enjoy

Apex 4H
    Works Tank Cruiser #7

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65,293 Posts
    Man. That is a seriously impressive review TH. I am really looking forward to seeing this place in a couple of weeks.
    In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

Driver:
    Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
    Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
    Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
    Fairway Wood:
    JGR
    Hybrids:
    Launcher HB
    Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
    Wedges:
    CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
    Putter:
    #7S
    Balls:
    Chrome Soft X

Handicap
    13.6 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,578 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Man. That is a seriously impressive review TH. I am really looking forward to seeing this place in a couple of weeks.
    I appreciate it JB. The course did all the work for me honestly. I couldn't stop taking pictures

Apex 4H
    Works Tank Cruiser #7

Banned
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    276 Posts
    He did do an amazing job, JB. Once I get to a laptop, I'll sit down and share some of my thoughts on the course and how to play it. It's a thinkers course, for sure. You seriously have to think your way around here and just bombing and gouging is going to get you nowhere. I really thing guys are going to enjoy this beauty, even if for just the scenery. It's an absolute gem and we are fortunate to be holding our Missouri Invitational here.

My Friends Call Me Big Time Nate's Avatar
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12,074 Posts
    Course looks great! Thanks for posting. Looks like these guys are in for a treat when they arrive.

Handicap
    Snow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    942 Posts
    Wow dude, what an amazing course....Holy Hannah

WITB

BIG BERTHA
    SUPER LS 3H, 4H
    J14
    588 48* 52* 56*

Handicap
    Unknown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for the great review, Hacker312! I'm looking forward to posting an inflated number in July. :)

#JakeNation

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33,459 Posts
    Taylor, well done dude.

Sheesh am I ever excited!
    WITB:
    TaylorMade
    - M5 10.5 -
    TPT 16LKP
    TaylorMade - Original One 13.5 - Fujikura Evolution V X
    PING - G410 19.0/22.0 - Alta CB 70S
    Callaway - Apex CF19 Combo 5-PW - True Temper Elevate X100
    Cleveland - RTX4 Raw 48M/54M/60XL - DG TI S400
    SWAG
    - Tour Proto Handsome One

Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Major Champion
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    Wow! Can't wait to play this course. Really looking forward to this event. Thanks for posting the pics.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    In my Bag:
    Driver: Silver AMP Cell Pro 9.5* w/ Diamana a'hina 72S
    Hybrid:
    Irons: JPX-919 Pro's w/ C-Taper Lite's
    Wedges:
    50*, CBX 54*, 58*
    Putter: Custom PTM 1

Aquatic Headwear Fanatic SharkHat's Avatar
    Handicap
    My swing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts
    So. Stoked.
    My inner child is a mean little cuss

In my staff bag:
    Driver: Diablo Octane 10.5°
    Fairway: RAZR X Black 3W
    Hybrids: Xhot 3H / Diablo Edge 4H
    Irons: Diablo Edge 5I - PW
    Wedges: Forged Dark Chrome 52° & 60°
    Wedges: J40 56°
    Putter: m5x

Handicap
    13.6 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,578 Posts
    Glad you guys are enjoying the review. Hope it makes you guys that much more excited

Apex 4H
    Works Tank Cruiser #7