2012 Ryder Cup - Medinah Country Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Striks, furyk, sneds and fowler ( although I don't hi fowler should get the nod either but I think the relationship with bubba might spur this pick)

Definitely happy with Stricker and Snedeker, and I can see Fowler doing very well paired with Bubba.

If Fowler makes the team, without getting hot and showing something, I'll think Finchem has some influence on the captains pick and it'll taint the whole process for me.

Snedeker can go really low pretty frequently and doesn't have many bad holes. He would seem to be pretty good in a RC format. Plus the dude can get flat lights out with the putter.

If Fowler makes the team, without getting hot and showing something, I'll think Finchem has some influence on the captains pick and it'll taint the whole process for me.

He shouldn't make the team. Not a chance. Put Bubba with an accurate guy so he can go HAM. I think the US needs to adopt the Euro style of points system and only having 2 Capt's picks.

Stop picking on Lee. He's an English freight train ready to mow fools down.

Tiger wet the bed again yesterday, picking on Lee is all I have left to amuse me.

Snedeker can go really low pretty frequently and doesn't have many bad holes. He would seem to be pretty good in a RC format. Plus the dude can get flat lights out with the putter.

Sneds/Bubba would be wicked.

Tiger wet the bed again yesterday, picking on Lee is all I have left to amuse me.

I think he just needs to put that shaft of his in a Razr Fit or a J40.

He shouldn't make the team. Not a chance. Put Bubba with an accurate guy so he can go HAM. I think the US needs to adopt the Euro style of points system and only having 2 Capt's picks.

I love the 4 picks. Without the Captain being able to actually determine who plays who it adds a lot to their captaincy.

Fore left dude it's awful watching him hit driver.

It's just so obvious that he hates it. Maybe putt Tiger with Bubba so he can hit irons off the tee and let Bubba go HAM!

I think he just needs to put that shaft of his in a Razr Fit or a J40.

Fore left dude it's awful watching him hit driver.

I wonder what would happen if he put a VR_S in his hands. I'd like to think that he'd hit that well.

I love the 4 picks. Without the Captain being able to actually determine who plays who it adds a lot to their captaincy.

Agreed with this - I like the 4 picks.

It's just so obvious that he hates it. Maybe putt Tiger with Bubba so he can hit irons off the tee and let Bubba go HAM!

For alternate shot, they should ask Tiger which holes out there he can hit less than driver on. He lists those holes, and they set up the alternate shot order so that he has to hit driver as little as possible. Of course, with the way his game has been this year, it would also help him to not have shots from 100-150 yards, it seems like his approach shots are better from 150-225 yards.

But that team would have a god awful short game though. At least I can trust Bubba to make a 6 footer.

For alternate shot, they should ask Tiger which holes out there he can hit less than driver on. He lists those holes, and they set up the alternate shot order so that he has to hit driver as little as possible. Of course, with the way his game has been this year, it would also help him to not have shots from 100-150 yards, it seems like his approach shots are better from 150-225 yards.

That's just all part of his process and gameplan buddy. Make golf as hard as possible.

I can't fathom how the hell its easier to hit a 5i 225 yards but a Sand Wedge from 115 is too hard. But the greatest of all time makes it happen.

I disagree with this completely. If he gets picked, It'll be because of how well he's liked by EVERYONE on the US Team (not just Bubba) and the way he played in the last Ryder Cup, or at least in the singles match.

I disagree with this completely. If he gets picked, It'll be because of how well he's liked by EVERYONE on the US Team (not just Bubba) and the way he played in the last Ryder Cup, or at least in the singles match.

Stricker and Furyk can get picked picked for Ryder Cup experience but 1 year does not give Ricky any leeway. I would hope EVERYONE would prefer to win. If he makes the team without doing anything of significance these last 3 weeks it will be ludicrous. Mahan's game is in about the same place but if he gets picked at least he has 2 wins this year.

Stricker and Furyk can get picked picked for Ryder Cup experience but 1 year does not give Ricky any leeway. I would hope EVERYONE would prefer to win. If he makes the team without doing anything of significance these last 3 weeks it will be ludicrous. Mahan's game is in about the same place but if he gets picked at least he has 2 wins this year.

Well then what gives Sneds such an advantage over Rickie? Everytime Sneds has been put into the spotlight he's crumbled like a soft cookie (Masters, British Open). He had one win this year which was pretty much handed to him.

I'm just being devils advocate and saying I'd rather have someone with Ryder Cup experience and so-so play this year. Sure, Sneds might be peaking right now, but I don't think he should get picked based off this week.

Well then what gives Sneds such an advantage over Rickie? Everytime Sneds has been put into the spotlight he's crumbled like a soft cookie (Masters, British Open). He had one win this year which was pretty much handed to him.

I'm just being devils advocate and saying I'd rather have someone with Ryder Cup experience and so-so play this year. Sure, Sneds might be peaking right now, but I don't think he should get picked based off this week.

Sneds has been solid all year!

Fowler was pretty clutch in the singles matches at the last RC. I wouldn't mind seeing him back.

I'd go so far as to say that Sneds is the only lock for 1 of the 4 picks right now. So, IMO, it's not about Fowler's massive 1 year of experience vs Sneds but the other candidate's many years of experience.

Oh hey, are we talking about this now? :D

Can't say I'm unhappy about the Euro team lineup this year. Apart from Martin Kaymer. Horrible in matchplay usually, and that's without his current form.

Isn't the Ryder Cup reserved for the good players? Why are you guys talking about Folwer?

Isn't the Ryder Cup reserved for the good players? Why are you guys talking about Folwer?

Boom roasted.

I think Rickie has done well enough to deserve a spot. Especially with as well as he played last go around. He doesn't seem to crumble under pressure. Unfortunately, Brandt does.

I could actually see Rickie getting picked. Let's just all assume that Furyk and Stricker are in. Why not go after a young aggressive guy to add a youthful spark to the team? Not to mention he did well in the last Ryder Cup. I don't know, I think there are worse picks out there for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back