SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

Yea, that's probably a good idea. The Ricky putter has been very good to you.

Yea, that's probably a good idea. The Ricky putter has been very good to you.

Oddly enough he wasnt using that putter this past weekend but that isnt for this thread. I agree the biggest part about a SeeMore is the buying into their philosophy. It really has made a difference for me. Even if Im not using a SeeMore I will keep putting in the same exact way.

Oddly enough he wasnt using that putter this past weekend but that isnt for this thread. I agree the biggest part about a SeeMore is the buying into their philosophy. It really has made a difference for me. Even if Im not using a SeeMore I will keep putting in the same exact way.
Yep. I think that's the main reason I did pretty well on the greens in the MC. I went back to what I knew worked and it paid off.

EXACTLY. I won;t be straying from the SPi method...ever. I may flirt with other putters over time, but not the technique. Hell, I've already begun extending all of my other putters to 33.5"-36".

Date: August 26,2012
Temp/conditions: 80* Dry
Green Speed conditions: Slow
Course: Waltz Golf Farm

Got out on my only time off from work this weekend to hit some balls on the range an work on my putting for a while yesterday morning. I feel like my stroke is still really decent and i have been fine tuning some things and also tinkering with a few things to try to make it even better than it feel like it already is. After watching some video of me putting last time i was out i still see that i am decelerating a little during my putts. I swear this has been by far the hardest thing to break in my stroke. I know it happens from time to time when breaking bad habits i had/have a similar issue with my full swing that i always seem to bring back into my swing. i feel like i do a good job breaking it and it keeps sneaking back into my putting stroke. So that was a big thing that i worked on yesterday trying to stop it it really is a killer for me. i know im missing putts because of this issue alone....
Drills i did for this yesterday included my tee drill where i put a tee behind my ball and limited my back swing forcing me to accelerate through my ball which i do a lot and i also used my steel ball for a little bit. but the drill i wanted to talk about mainly for me that really seemed to help me yesterday and i havn't really tried before was the one two drill where i take my back stroke and say one in my head and then say two during my forward stroke. it forces me to keep the same pace as my backswing as i do my forward swing and i don't have time to decelerate then. i always look for new drills to try to fix problems especially with ones that i struggle with getting out of my game. this decel has been an issue for years and years and years... its probably why i am having such a difficult time getting rid of it. i plan on doing this drill a lot more in the future and maybe even trying to say one-two when im putting on the course a few times and seeing if it helps on the course or not. it seemed to really help me and anything to change up a drill to help me fix an issue.

I also wanted to touch on how i'm making out with my new grip..... Good, is the answer i'd currently give. i don't know that its any better than before with my old grip but i would say its def not any worse i really started getting my distance control down better yesterday i wasn't putting the putts that far behind the hole on my misses. I really am still holding off final judgement on how i feel about the "oversized" grip for me even though its really a midsized grip till i get some more rounds in on the course. my work schedule is pretty nuts right now and i havn't actually played many rounds with this yet. but i think it will be staying on my putter honestly. if it doesn't hurt me which i really don't think it is i felt like i would just keep it on.

Another thing i noticed when fine tuning my putting is i need to make sure i'm not slouching, i know i'm not slouching a ton but just the little bit that i am is not letting my hands and arms hang the way that i need to make sure i'm making a natural stroke. I adjusted this a few times after i realized that i was doing it and i drained some 12-20' putts right after wards. looks like this is another thing that i am gonna work on fine tuning to make sure my arms hang the way that they should so i can just use my shoulders like i know that i should. its not a big difference either, just a little bit maybe an inch or 2 but i think it makes a difference and like i said i'm really nit picking here and really trying to fine tune my putting and make sure these feelings are ingrained into my routine and in my head. I have been using my SPi medicine ball for this a lot now too. i spend a good 30 minutes last night watching tv using it trying to do just that.

Finally the other thing i noticed was like Kmac said i took a new putter out that is 34" and just wanted to roll it like all the new putters that i buy just to see how it felt and rolled on a real green. WOW i usually will just roll it for 5 minutes just to check out clean it off and put it away till i wanted to game it for a round and that was def the plan yesterday just wanted to get 5 minutes with it. i hated the feel of the shorter putter i rolled 4-5 putts and cleaned it off and putt it away and grabbed my SeeMore again. not that the putter felt bad or anything just the fact that the grip was an inch shorter than what i am using now. 1 INCH!!!!!! and it was like night and day for me. another reason i am really glad SeeMore got me properly fit and i am now putting more upright. i have already extending a few of my other putters to 35" i don't see me ever going back to anything shorter than that. i may even try a 35.5" putter. It really was surprising how that inch made such a difference and how uncomfortable i was with the shorter putter.

hoping the weather is decent when i finally get done work tomorrow morning. i want to get out for some practice and get a round in. really interested to see how these little tweaks to my stroke help or hurt me especially the one-two count and making sure my arms are hanging properly.

Another thing i noticed when fine tuning my putting is i need to make sure i'm not slouching, i know i'm not slouching a ton but just the little bit that i am is not letting my hands and arms hang the way that i need to make sure i'm making a natural stroke. I adjusted this a few times after i realized that i was doing it and i drained some 12-20' putts right after wards. looks like this is another thing that i am gonna work on fine tuning to make sure my arms hang the way that they should so i can just use my shoulders like i know that i should. its not a big difference either, just a little bit maybe an inch or 2 but i think it makes a difference and like i said i'm really nit picking here and really trying to fine tune my putting and make sure these feelings are ingrained into my routine and in my head.

That's a good paragraph that I can relate to. I often find that when my stroke is struggling, it's because of my posture. It's almost like it's impossible for me to get too upright. The higher I stand, the more natural my stroke feels.

That's a good paragraph that I can relate to. I often find that when my stroke is struggling, it's because of my posture. It's almost like it's impossible for me to get too upright. The higher I stand, the more natural my stroke feels.

that pretty much is what i realized yesterday. i kept standing more upright and right after i adjusted i drained a breaking 12 foot putt and then a 20 foot right after that one. thats always one of those eye opening things that says "hey dummy you better fix this!"

Good update Buck. I felt the same exact way when I rolled one of my 33" putters the other day. It felt terrible to roll a putter that short. I felt completely out of position and unnatural. Felt like it hindered my stroke too. Makes me think back to when I used to buy every putter at 34" because I always felt like it just fit better but then I got into being way hunched over and started buying them all at 33". I wont be going back to shorter putters every again. When I played Saturday the other guy playing with us rolled a Spider Ghost cut down to something like 25" and with led added to it. Made my back hurt watching him putt.

Good update Buck. I felt the same exact way when I rolled one of my 33" putters the other day. It felt terrible to roll a putter that short. I felt completely out of position and unnatural. Felt like it hindered my stroke too. Makes me think back to when I used to buy every putter at 34" because I always felt like it just fit better but then I got into being way hunched over and started buying them all at 33". I wont be going back to shorter putters every again. When I played Saturday the other guy playing with us rolled a Spider Ghost cut down to something like 25" and with led added to it. Made my back hurt watching him putt.

i was watching the LPGA this weekend and michelle Wie looks like she is bowing at a 90* angle when putting and i was thinking HOLY COW thats so far off from what i wanna do it blew my mind how far she was bent over. i kept thinking i couldn't make it 18 holes with my back like that. thats another thing thats really nice about standing more upright i do spend a lot of time on the green practicing and my back doesn't tighten up as quickly as it used to. i get more practice time out there now for sure. always nice seeing people come and go practicing and you are still there for a good while past when they leave.

i was watching the LPGA this weekend and michelle Wie looks like she is bowing at a 90* angle when putting and i was thinking HOLY COW thats so far off from what i wanna do it blew my mind how far she was bent over. i kept thinking i couldn't make it 18 holes with my back like that. thats another thing thats really nice about standing more upright i do spend a lot of time on the green practicing and my back doesn't tighten up as quickly as it used to. i get more practice time out there now for sure. always nice seeing people come and go practicing and you are still there for a good while past when they leave.

haha yeah that would kill my back. Just like this guy we played with Saturday. Dude had the shortest putter Ive seen this side of Garrigusass from his short putter days. I told him he should look into the SeeMore putting technique but he was pretty happy with his bent over style. I guess he putted ok.

Yep everyone I have seen that rolls a SeeMore and buys into the system has an amazing stroke. I plan on testing a few of these out in DM

I definitely wouldn't say that I have an amazing stroke. I do think that I have a much improved stroke in comparison to where I was prior to implementing the SeeMore methods.

Before this process started, there were so many variables that everything was in question and there were so many moving parts that it was almost guaranteed something would go wrong. Read, address, stroke, confidence.... I was lucky to keep my putts on any kind of line. Tentative putts are dangerous putts.

Now, I feel that most of those variables from before are much more controlled. My address position and stance are consistent from one putt to the next. My stoke is relaxed and feels natural thanks to practice with the medicine ball. My confidence is at an all time high thanks to two things - using the Triangulator to teach myself to trust my line and fix my pre-putt routine, and the RST which has helped me trust that I'll hit my intended line. The only thing left is reading the green right, and that's on me.

A year ago I would have said, "there's no way a putter can teach you to read the greens." Now I think that statement is only partly true. The putter can't read the greens for me, but here's what it can help accomplish. A predictable and consistent outcome. This is the only way to learn the breaks. If I can't control the putt, I can't learn how it should roll.

Just like the last Seemore testing thread, there is so much great info in here.

Just like the last Seemore testing thread, there is so much great info in here.

That's quite the compliment. That thread is packed with amazing info.

That's quite the compliment. That thread is packed with amazing info.

Agreed that last SeeMore thread was really good. Its even sticky'ed its so good. Hopefully we can approach that even though at times it seems we dont.

I think this one is just as good. That other one went on forever, which I enjoyed as well. They had a lot larger group. To start off with, at least.

I think this one is just as good. That other one went on forever, which I enjoyed as well. They had a lot larger group. To start off with, at least.
The other one seemed like it lasted forever (even though the testing had ended), so many people that purchased and added to it. I know that thread was why I purchased my ONE CS.

The other one seemed like it lasted forever (even though the testing had ended), so many people that purchased and added to it. I know that thread was why I purchased my ONE CS.

thats why i bought my Si3..... wish i would have given it more of a chance.

You've seen the same here. A person wanders in every now and then and starts looking at the O'Brien stuff.

I never would have thought that I would have bought into this as much as I have. I'm a skeptic by nature, and not usually prone to giddy honeymoon raving.

This has been an exception. Rapid improvement followed by repeatable and consistent results. And I think that the fact that all of the testers are seeing very similar results is quite telling.

If we can help convince people to give SeeMore a try, then I think that's incredible.

I never would have thought that I would have bought into this as much as I have. I'm a skeptic by nature, and not usually prone to giddy honeymoon raving.

This has been an exception. Rapid improvement followed by repeatable and consistent results. And I think that the fact that all of the testers are seeing very similar results is quite telling.

If we can help convince people to give SeeMore a try, then I think that's incredible.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. When I started seeing the other testers were having similar results as me, that is when I really started buying in to the system. Not just the positive results either, I feel like have seen a lot of similarities in the struggles and adjustments that have been needed too. I am not perfect on the greens by any stretch of the imagination, and I still have the ability to put some pretty bad putts out there, but I always know exactly where I went wrong, and my consistency from green #1 to green #18 has improved so much that golf has become a lot more fun for me...and I thought it was a lot fun before the SeeMore testing.

Jman: just watched the thumbs drill from Saturday that you posted. That was really good stuff for both the aspect of taking the hands out of the stroke (shoulder rock) and then the trigger.

I am not rolling a SeeMore 100% of the time but still use their principles as part of my stroke and am going to try both of the items highlighted in the video as I currently do not have a trigger in play when putting. Thanks for putting those together and posting for us!

Jman: just watched the thumbs drill from Saturday that you posted. That was really good stuff for both the aspect of taking the hands out of the stroke (shoulder rock) and then the trigger.

I am not rolling a SeeMore 100% of the time but still use their principles as part of my stroke and am going to try both of the items highlighted in the video as I currently do not have a trigger in play when putting. Thanks for putting those together and posting for us!

Thanks for the kind words Cookie!!!

I have been following this thread from the beginning and I wanted to thank all of the testers for sharing their experiences. I have been gaming my M1 for quite awhile now and the tips/lessons that have been posted here have improved my putting. I really appreciate what you guys have done, the rest of my foursome not so much. Now, if they would just buy a SeeMore.....

Well put Shark! That pretty much sums up my experience as well.
I suppose it could be argued that a lot of practicing with any putter could bring improvement. I think the whole Spi experience (RST, fitting, putting method, etc) provides a rock solid foundation upon which to build good putting skills. Without a foundation to build on, I think a person is really on a putting tips merry go round, a little of this, little of that, try this, try that, new putter, new grip, and on and on. I took that approach for years and I don't plan on ever going back.

Thanks to Buck's little reminder, I put the upright posture thought into practice last night. I'm already upright, but can slouch if I get lazy. Worked real well and I notice that I hit the ball much firmer that way, which is a good thing. Weenie putts are the devil.

Back