The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting worse and worse for NE.

I'm curious what the NFL will do. That's all I care about really

it's getting worse for the NFL as well... seems like they were tipped off & did nothing until halftime & we are still not sure they did anything at halftime to inflate the under inflated balls to the proper PSI

it's getting worse for the NFL as well... seems like they were tipped off & did nothing until halftime & we are still not sure they did anything at halftime to inflate the under inflated balls to the proper PSI
I do not disagree. It looks bad. Like NE called the NFL's bluff and Goddell blinked.

If you already hate the Patriots, this will cement your hate. If you love the Patriots, then you already accept cheating, and this won't change your opinion of them.

Talk about a blanket statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk about a blanket statement.

I will find Bigfoot before one Patriots fan says, "I'm done rooting for this team, after this latest investigation of cheating."

I will find Bigfoot before one Patriots fan says, "I'm done rooting for this team, after this latest investigation of cheating."

I meant the "you will accept cheating" line.

Like I said in a earlier post, I get it. Spygate. The Pats are under, and have been under, intense scrutiny since then. They should have known something like this, if done intentionally and with full knowledge, would crucify them. I'm not even going to get into all the other ball related info that's come out.

They're the Cheatriots. Their coach is satan. The QB is a pretty boy. I'm a Pats fan, therefore I condone cheating.

It really is sad because this whole deflate fiasco is going to detract from an otherwise great match up. Leave it up to the Pats to find a way to make up false motivation and use this "us against the world" mentality now. Smh

I meant the "you will accept cheating" line.

Like I said in a earlier post, I get it. Spygate. The Pats are under, and have been under, intense scrutiny since then. They should have known something like this, if done intentionally and with full knowledge, would crucify them. I'm not even going to get into all the other ball related info that's come out.

They're the Cheatriots. Their coach is satan. The QB is a pretty boy. I'm a Pats fan, therefore I condone cheating.

I don't think condone cheating. But Pats fans are very willing to look past cheating done by the people in charge of the team.

I don't think condone cheating. But Pats fans are very willing to look past cheating done by the people in charge of the team.
i think most fans of there teams are that way, Patriot fans just seem to have more opportunity to do it

i think most fans of there teams are that way, Patriot fans just seem to have more opportunity to do it
I'm not saying I would be any different. But Pats fans have had their chances to choose their side of the road.

Watching the pro bowl draft. Lol @ JJ Watt wanting "the neck beard with the arm" on his team

Just read another way the Patriots cheated. They deceptively acted like Julian Edelman was a wide receiver for six years just to win a playoff game when he was clearly the second best qb in the AFC.

This is the greatest over reaction in the history of everything.

Name two others.
Overreactions in sports?

I agree that it's getting a ton of attention. But one of the premier teams in the league willfully broke the rules of the sport for an advantage on the field, allegedly.

That's kind of a big deal.

Overreactions in sports?

I agree that it's getting a ton of attention. But one of the premier teams in the league willfully broke the rules of the sport for an advantage on the field, allegedly.

So how is this a bigger deal than Aaron Rodgers over inflating balls or the Vikings heating balls and being warned about it?

It's not. But because of Spygate, this is obviously the reason why the Colts were terrible. So now it's a huge deal, because Patriots.

So how is this a bigger deal than Aaron Rodgers over inflating balls or the Vikings heating balls and being warned about it?

It's not. But because of Spygate, this is obviously the reason why the Colts were terrible. So now it's a huge deal, because Patriots.
You are correct spygate plays a huge role in this. It just shows the patriots think they are above the rules once again. No one is saying that the colts lost because of the balls but the rule was still broken blatantly.

Pete Carroll needs to make another ridiculous truther comment immediately to even out the hate...otherwise this could become a pro Seahawk forum for the superbowl, and we can't have that.

You are correct spygate plays a huge role in this. It just shows the patriots think they are above the rules once again. No one is saying that the colts lost because of the balls but the rule was still broken blatantly.
Even if the ball was deflated the Colts got their ass handed to them :)

By the logic, the Packers and the Vikings think they're above the rules as well

Overreactions in sports?

How is it different to a cb holding a wr? It's willfully breaking the rules and you are hoping you don't get caught. What's the penalty for that, some yardage.

Have they gotten caught up in another cheating scandal that I am not aware of?
The patriots had no reason to do anything to the balls yet they still broke the rules they deserve a punishment for that and it should be worse than another team because they have a history.

Now if they win the super bowl the accomplishment will be tarnished in most eyes and instead of the great performances their players have had. Would it have had any effect on the outcome vs the colts no it wouldn't have but people question if they did it this time what about other close games did they do it in those? What do people talk about the insane amount of championship games they have gone to or the fact they haven't won a super bowl since spygate?

The argument that everyone does it is not valid because last I checked 12 other balls were tested in that same game and all came back fine.

Interesting. I hadn't heard the overinflate story. Fwiw, wouldnt that do the exact opposite of what the Patriots were trying to do by under inflating the ball?
How is it different to a cb holding a wr? It's willfully breaking the rules and you are hoping you don't get caught. What's the penalty for that, some yardage.
Semantically, you're correct. But committing a penalty in game is different somehow. I wish I knew how to vocalize it, but it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back