Callaway X Hot vs. RAZR Fit Xtreme Fairway Woods

crazygolfnut

Let's have fun out there!
Reaction score
Handicap
My 3 and 5 woods are Callaway RAZR Fit and I would like to add a 7 wood to the mix. The problem is that Callaway did not make a 7 wood in the RAZR Fit line so I am trying to figure out which Callaway would be a good fit, X Hot or RAZR Fit Xtreme. No pro shop or golf store in the area has any Callaway 7 woods to demo so I may have to purchase one without trying it out. Any suggestions, thoughts or opinions are welcome.

Last edited:
I've only hit the x hot but I own a RBZ and I like the x hot more

Hoping the RFX plays like the rest of my woods. Don't want it to go too long.

My 3 and 5 woods are Callaway RAZR Fit and I would like to add a 7 wood to the mix. The problem is that Callaway did not make a 7 wood in the RAZR Fit line so I am trying to figure out which Callaway would be a good fit, X Hot or RAZR Fit Xtreme. No pro shop or golf store in the area has any Callaway 7 woods to demo so I may have to purchase one without trying it out. Any suggestions, thoughts or opinions are welcome.

Hoping the RFX plays like the rest of my woods. Don't want it to go too long.

why dont' you hit a 5 wood or something close to the 7 and see how you like it and how far you are hitting compared to your current clubs.... i would tend to think the x hot would prob be longer than the Xtreme for most golfers if we are talking just distance. for what its worth.

The XHot would be the better choice as far as progression from the Razr fit. It's gonna have that nice shallow face which will be really easy to hit off the short grass.

I like the rfe a lot more.

I like the RFE an absolute ton more. The XHot never clicked with me. The RFE was the 2nd best I've ever hit.

Xhot hybrid would be a great fit and more versatile

Have not hit the RFE but I do have the X Hot 3 & 5 wood. All I can say is that the X Hot is a great wood. Go try out a wood closest to the one you want and make your decision.

Looks like I am going to have to hit the 5 woods next to each other and see how they do. I fight the hooks so I hope one of them is straight.

I have the xhot 3 wood and razr fit 5 wood. I hit a bunch of fairway woods and really like xhot. I liked the RFE offerings but thought the xhot and razr fit were so forgiving. Frankly, I pull out the five wood just about any lie or situation. It was not the longest 5 wood I hit but definitely the most forgiving.

Looks like I am going to have to hit the 5 woods next to each other and see how they do. I fight the hooks so I hope one of them is straight.

Neither club will fix your hook. A swing change or fix is the only cure.

The xhot pro should have a higher launch and carry. Both are excellent choices, I have one of each on their way.

Talked to Callaway and they said the Xtreme would be the one most like the RAZR Fit.

I bought the X Hot 7 wood a couple of months ago and it has quickly become the "go to" club in my bag. From both the tee and the fairway it gives me plenty of length and handles my misses better than anything I have used. I like it even better than the X Hot hybrid for this slot primarily because I prefer the trajectory which is a little higher. Even considering getting the 9 to fill the gap between my 7 wood and X Hot 5 hybrid. Like you my miss is a hook, and I have less issues with the fairway wood than the hybrid.

Back