Products That Are DOA

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Now this does not mean anything about the performance of the products, or whether or not someone should like them, but it seems that in recent years, there have been some pretty big products that died quickly or were DOA.

What are some you remember?

SLDR-S most recently.

JetSpeed...I see this becoming a TM centric thread...

Great Big Bertha Driver! Going back in time for the name in hopes of grabbing back marketshare.

I think Phil would actually rather rather play a TM M1 over ANY Callaway Driver at this point...

The Frankenwood was a pretty desparate move on his part...

Last edited:
Thinking outside the box I'll say the Bio Cell line.
Performed great but I don't think I ever saw another person hit one or put one in the bag.

Pretty much anything TM has made iron or wedge wise the past two years. RSI, PSI irons nada. TM wedges, absolutely no marketing and they've probably sold 20 of them.

• Admin
All of Adams Golf...Sad. I haven't heard of any new releases for 2016.

Cure putters and the XR driver come to mind. It seems like Cure never really kept traction and the XR just flat out got overshadowed by other products. Oh, and the Big Bertha hyrons.

recently PSi irons seem like a DOA product to me, which is funny because the M1 chatter has been pretty good.
Felt like the X2 Hot irons were kind of lack luster IMO.
Nike Vapor irons, particularly the Speeds.

I feel like I see it more with irons or wedges, at least in my mind. Maybe it's because people tend to hang on to irons more than they do drivers.

Thinking outside the box I'll say the Bio Cell line.
Performed great but I don't think I ever saw another person hit one or put one in the bag.

From my WITB signature...Driver-:cobra:BioCell+ (Black) set at 11 with
matrix%20shafts%2080x15.jpg
6Q3 Red Tie Stiff
Fairway/Hybrids-:cobra: BioCell (Blue) 3-4 Wood set at 15.5/2-3 Hybrid set at 19/3-4 Hybrid set at 22 all stock Stiff

I agree, very underrated clubs that just perform. I haven't found a hybrid released since the BioCells that performs as well, for me.

The FLY-Z line never seemed to catch as much of the market as I thought it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping i25 and some of the recent Adams drivers seem to have not done well at all

Cure putters would be my answer. After thinking about what didn't appeal to me about them and the answer was LOOKS. These are god awful ugly to my eye. While everyone won't think they are ugly. I do, so therefore I would not game one.

recently PSi irons seem like a DOA product to me, which is funny because the M1 chatter has been pretty good.
Don't you think it's a little early to call that? They're 6 days old, released in the off season for a lot of the country.

Cleveland Niblick...although I have two of the originals, I am literally the only person I've seen use one.

The FLY-Z line never seemed to catch as much of the market as I thought it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can agree with that one. For how good that line honestly is, it really didn't seem to take off. If it did, I haven't seen any of those people on the course.

The fairways are in the running to make my bag for my fairway upgrade next season though.

Speedbladez. We were barely done putting them through their paces on the testing forum and TM seemed like they had moved on. And I really liked them and still do like them. I think they're a really good iron that would be great in most amateurs bags.

Don't you think it's a little early to call that? They're 6 days old, released in the off season for a lot of the country.

Isn't that the whole meaning of dead on arrival?

Cure putters and the XR driver come to mind. It seems like Cure never really kept traction and the XR just flat out got overshadowed by other products. Oh, and the Big Bertha hyrons.

I'm not sure I can throw Cure in that group as they are a small startup in the golf industry. XR drivers sold pretty damn well too. I didn't like it, but that's just me.

I'm not sure I can throw Cure in that group as they are a small startup in the golf industry. XR drivers sold pretty damn well too. I didn't like it, but that's just me.

XR Drivers outsold like 80% of the drivers on the market. If that is DOA, I am not sure what isnt.
I agree on Cure. Small company. It would be like calling Bettinardi, Piretti, etc DOA.

Adams Blue line and Vapor Speed irons are the first that come to mind for me.

nope. that's the point of Dead on Arrival. TM failed to create any buzz whatsoever with these irons and it's a shame. They threw them out there what 2 months ago? Pump and Dump, that's been their marketing strategy for a while and you can see it with these. Now maybe they are just a filler and they have something more exciting coming in January, because I have a feeling these aren't going to move well. I hope I'm wrong, I want to see a strong TM.

Cleveland Smart Soles..,

Isn't that the whole meaning of dead on arrival?
I'm just saying that 6 days isn't enough time for anybody but industry insiders to have even hit them much. They could be the best selling irons of 2016 for all anybody knows. Calling them DOA today is just silly. You might as well call the Cobra KING DOA if you don't happen to like Cobra.

Back