The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First glance, I'm confused by this trade for the Jays. Get rid of a SS who is often hurt for a SS who is owed more money and also is always hurt.
And it gives them their 4th RH power hitter. That lineup needs some balance.

The Cubs need a closer so bad

Cue smalls...

Maddon refuses to let their best bullpen arm, Rondon, close for some crazy reason...
No idea. But it is killing us. Getting quality outings from the starters only for Jason Motte to blow it. Up 3 in the 9th last night and surprise we blow it. Luckily Bryant hit a walk off bomb but up 3 in the 9th should never come down to a walk off win

Cue smalls...

:clapp: No pinstripes for Ben!

No idea. But it is killing us. Getting quality outings from the starters only for Jason Motte to blow it. Up 3 in the 9th last night and surprise we blow it. Luckily Bryant hit a walk off bomb but up 3 in the 9th should never come down to a walk off win

Maybe that will cause Maddon to come to his senses. I have been holding Rondon on my fantasy team hoping that eventually he will wise up.

Maybe that will cause Maddon to come to his senses. I have been holding Rondon on my fantasy team hoping that eventually he will wise up.
I'm hoping something comes from it. Happened against the reds to Lester. Up 3-2 in the 9th. Blow the lead and lose in extras. I have a feeling that we may trade for Papelbon

I'm hoping something comes from it. Happened against the reds to Lester. Up 3-2 in the 9th. Blow the lead and lose in extras. I have a feeling that we may trade for Papelbon

Nats are the front runner for his services from what I hear. Nothing done yet though. He will only waive his no trade if he is given the closer role on the team he is dealt to. That would certainly be a lock with the Cubs.

Nats are the front runner for his services from what I hear. Nothing done yet though. He will only waive his no trade if he is given the closer role on the team he is dealt to. That would certainly be a lock with the Cubs.
Yeah and with Drew Storen not sure what would happened there. I would love to see Kimbrel in a Cubs jersey. I know we are talking with the Padres but I think it is for Tyson Ross but who knows

Royals definitely going all out for the title this year!

Royals definitely going all out for the title this year!

how about, until last night, the teams making the moves this year have been the Royals, Astros, Pirates.

Yeah and with Drew Storen not sure what would happened there. I would love to see Kimbrel in a Cubs jersey. I know we are talking with the Padres but I think it is for Tyson Ross but who knows

Yeah, it sounds like they are trying to dump Castro for a starter. Ross or Cashner would be good additions for the Cubs.

how about, until last night, the teams making the moves this year have been the Royals, Astros, Pirates.

It's definitely a new era in baseball in 2015.

Yeah, it sounds like they are trying to dump Castro for a starter. Ross or Cashner would be good additions for the Cubs.
Yeah. Im assuming they are wanting to call up baez. And move Russell to short. Which I have no problem with dumping Castro. Don't see him getting any better than he is now

I'm happy for Ben to go to the Royals, I hope he can get a WS, hes a solid dude.

Zobrist will fit in nicely in KC and can play a few positions for them and helping guys rest. I wouldn't have minded him being in pinstripes but not heartbroken over it.

Its nice to see the small market teams making moves to try and get that WS ring

Zobrist will fit in nicely in KC and can play a few positions for them and helping guys rest. I wouldn't have minded him being in pinstripes but not heartbroken over it.

Its nice to see the small market teams making moves to try and get that WS ring

I just hope they don't go for it all and then have a fire sale a la the Florida Marlins in 1997 (although the rebuilt and won again in 2003).

i don't think their owner is like that but i hope so too. KC is a team i have pulled for over the last couple years other than the yanks, i would like to see them do well again this year but hope the yanks make the WS though

http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/07/28/ne...ia-suspended-162-games-ped-test?xid=si_social

Mets RHP Jenrry Mejia suspended 162 games for positive PED test

New York Mets righthander Jenrry Mejia was suspended 162 games without pay on Tuesday after testing positive for performance-enhancing substances, his second PED suspension of the season. MLB said Mejia tested positive for Stanozolol and Boldenone; his first suspension on April 11 was for 80 games as a result of a positive test for Stanozolol. Both anabolic steroids are on MLB’s list of prohibited substances.

“We were extremely disappointed when informed of Jenrry’s second suspension for violating Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program,” the Mets said in a statement. “We fully support MLB’s policy toward eliminating performance enhancing substances from the sport.”

Mejia, 25, returned from his first suspension in a July 12 game against the Arizona Diamondbacks. He last pitched on Sunday, picking up a win after pitching a scoreless 10th inning in a 3–2 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers. Over his seven outings this season, Mejia has not allowed a run while surrendering four hits, walking two batters and striking out seven over 7 1/3 innings. Mejia, previously the Mets’ closer, was in his fifth season with the team and is eligible for arbitration after this season.

Asked if Mejia was done with the Mets on Tuesday, general manager Sandy Alderson said, “It’s something we’re going to have to think about.”

On Monday, the Mets acquired relief pitcher Tyler Clippard in a trade with the Oakland Athletics. Clippard has a 2.79 ERA and converted 17 of 21 save opportunities while filling in for injured A’s closer Sean Doolittle.

He is an idiot. I guess 80 games without a paycheck wasn't enough of a wake up call. That's 242 games total suspension.

Some people just don't learn! Now maybe if someone would have beat some sense in him... :stickbeat::deadhorse:

Syndergaard perfect through 6

Bauer is pitching a nice game against KC. 3 hits, 1 run and 78 pitches through 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back