iCaddy Preview - Google Glass

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
BK12.jpg

This is a press release

BUFFALO, N.Y., May 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OnCore Golf, a rapidly expanding company focused on increasing the enjoyment of golf for players of all skill levels by developing and introducing exciting new golf products, has teamed up with David Grieshaber to assist in the financing, development, and launch of iCaddy. iCaddy is a golfer's dream app designed for Google Glass and patent-pending. The app uses advanced optics within the Google Glass system to analyze a golfer's distance to the green, wind conditions, scoring, and make club selection recommendations, just like a live caddy would.

iCaddy's founder, David Grieshaber, discusses the app's significance, "Put very simply, the iCaddy, does everything a real caddy would do, except carry your bag, all in the viewpoint of your Google Glasses. I've watched the team at OnCore for a couple of years of now and always admired the way they push creative boundaries with their brand and their marketing approach. It made perfect sense to team with them and apply some of that creativity to the iCaddy!" The OnCore/iCaddy team expect to have the app on the market later this year; concurrent with the planned release timing of the Google Glass devices.

Keith Blakely, OnCore Golf's Chairman, commented: "David is one of the most creative and inventive guys I've met and his iCaddy concept is brilliant. Having a "personal assistant" with you on the golf course to integrate and use real-time information, course map data, and an individual's historical performance will make this wonderful game even more enjoyable for golfers at all skill levels. That has been the mission of OnCore Golf from its inception and we have been very selective about the people and products that we partner with. iCaddy is a great fit and we look forward to working closely with David to make it a huge success."

OnCore Golf, the manufacturer of the world's only hollow-metal core golf ball, has agreed to promote the app, once available, through their online pro-shop. OnCore Golf's Vice President, Steve Coulton, remarked, "We believe that the combination of iCaddy and our hollow metal core golf ball will provide golfers with the ultimate playing experience!"

About OnCore Golf (www.oncoregolf.com) is dedicated to increasing the enjoyment of the game of golf by creating and selling new technology-based products that conform to the rules of golf. OnCore's first product is the world's only hollow-metal core golf ball, designed to be straighter off the tee and on the green by employing a novel core design that increases perimeter weighting. OnCore's advisors and supporters include sport's icons such as Major League Baseball's Roberto Clemente Jr., NBA Hall of Famer Rick Barry, former USGA Technical Director Frank Thomas, along with Club Glove founder and golf industry leader, Jeff Herold and PGA Master Instructor Michael Hebron.

I would love this. Google glass is incredible, this just makes it that much more awesome

Very cool tech....don't know if I would use it. Exciting stuff though !

Wow. This looks awesome.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Badass!

Going to be nice, but Google Glasses are going to be so expensive.

This is awesome. Google glass rocks!

Windage make this illegal?

Against the rules but it would be so much fun.

That is awesome!

This would be amazing if worked as described. Would be awkward swinging a club while wearing google glass but I think a real caddie will be more affordable for the foreseeable future!

This has the potential to be a killer app!

ok this appears to be absolutely incredible.

I am getting this

If this works anywhere close to how its described its going to be sweet. I just wish Google Glass was a little more affordable.

Awesome, I know Google Glass is fairly expensive currently, but if they came in at a reasonable price point and with applications like this, I'd be in for sure!!!

This looks freaking awesome!

The windage makes it illegal for tournament play...but so is any other device that can access the internet like your smart phone.

Major drawback is the cost of Google Glass....right now there are $1500 and only for developers....no true idea of what the cost will be when they finally launch...but I would be suprised to see them hit the street this year.

This is nuts

My guess is that glass will come in under $1k when ready for retail.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I posted about this on May 30. No one posted so I thought no one was interested. Here is a link to an article. http://markets.cbsnews.com/cbsnews/n...?GUID=24305509. I don't think I will use it because of the cost of the glasses, although over time the price will come down. I did read somewhere there is a tournament option to turn the wind setting off.

This is so awesome!

I am hoping Apple has something to amaze me at WWDC next week. This is the type of thing I start feeling out on.

Back