Distance Measuring Devices

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Simple question. Do you use one? If not, why have you stayed away?

Yes. I use two.

A Bushnell Neo XS GPS watch and a Bushnell Tour X laser rangefinder.

Yep. Just got one for the first time. Just never actually pulled the trigger on one before because I couldn't make up my mind of what I wanted (GPS vs Rangefinder).

I use a Bushnell laser, nice to know the distances to the pin just in case I do things correctly

I got my first laser rangefinder in 1996 and am on my 7th or 8th one now. Currently it's a Leopold GX3i2 and a Nikon 800 in my extra set sitting Florida. I love the exactness of a rangefinder! I have tried different GPS devices but I always have to confirm yardage of approach shots with my rangefinder so I've never stuck with one for more than a round or two.

Last edited:
Jen bought me a Garmin S4 and I do feel that it has helped my game in that it has taken a lot of the guess work out of knowing what distance I have to various points. I am not good enough to work on exact yardages that a laser would give, so F/M/B and dogleg distances etc are fine for me

I know I had to adjust to new irons as well this year but I do think that the watch has helped my scores significantly this year

Use my watch, an S1 , all the time. Occasionally use a laser also when I can get it out of my daughter's bag. Nice having flag, front, and back.

Yes, I use a Bushnell Tour V3 without slope and GPS from Arccos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, currently use a GPS device and a rangefinder.

I use a laser and love it! I think it's the V3

No I've never gotten one, I use the Kirby markers or sprinkler markers and have just gotten too used to them to change.

i have a bushnell sport that I got from tedfroop.

Really comes in handy. Super basic but does all that I need, only tricky if there's a slope in front of the green as it can be a challenge to catch the pin

I use a gps watch and a range finder. I like to know exact distance then front/middle/back

I use the Tour V3 and my buddy's GPS when we play.

I have a GPS that I use ever now and a laser range finder I use every round.

I've used a GPS for five or six years, I feel lost without it but I would like to add a rangefinder for added accuracy.

Both a Bushnell Neo X GPS watch and a Nikon Coolshot 20 laser rangefinder.

The GPS watch helps me make sure that I am getting the distance to the pin right with the laser and also with longer distances.

I use a GPS and a laser rangefinder. GPS most of the time. Laser for par 3's mostly.

Yes. GPS only. Going on 5 years I thing and I did a rangefinder a year or two before that.

Yep. Bushnell v3.

Yup. GPS watch, and a laser. Use the watch more.

I've been using DME's since 2000, starting with the original Sky Caddie. That was replaced with the Golf Guru while they were still in business and now a Bushnell Laser. I don't use any of the phone apps as most are illegal in that they offer club suggestions.

Finally broke down and got my first one about 4 months ago. Bushnell Tour V3. Only use it about a half dozen times per round on my home course but quite extensively on any other courses I play.

I use the Bushnell Tour V3 and love it. I used the Bushnell Neo X gps watch for a while and liked it, but I think the laser edges out the gps for me.

Bushnell v3 and garmin S3. I have marked critical distances for my usual courses on my watch. Pins aren't always where they are supposed to be on the greens chart so the laser is helpful for verification.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back