Kelly

Reaction score
Handicap
I am a new golfer (Female) and have the basic set clubs. I hate the bag, it's awful. I was looking online today and really liked the Ogio Ozone '09 (black). Is it a womans bag? I don't wan't a honkin' mens bag, but I also don't want pink. What bag do you use and really like?

Hi Kelly--glad you found us. Let's start with basics--are you looking for a cart bag or a carry bag? What features matter most to you?

Claire and most of the ladies on here should be able to help quite a bit. Another thing is one of the Readers Choice Awards nominees is also a ladies bag in the Ogio Cougar. Our testers and reviewers really liked that one quite a bit.

Welcome to THP Kelly.

Claire and most of the ladies on here should be able to help quite a bit. Another thing is one of the Readers Choice Awards nominees is also a ladies bag in the Ogio Cougar. Our testers and reviewers really liked that one quite a bit.

How can you resist a bag named Cougar?

What I want in a bag

What I want in a bag

In my head, I want my bag to have things that are easily found and accesible. I also want a drink holder and the harness style back carrier. A bag that is not too big and bulky and quick access for replacement balls. :act-up:

a lot will depend on your price point. Keri Golf makes some of the nicest bags I have ever seen with tons of different patterns and they are extremely well made. I have a nike houndstooth bag that I absolutely love but it doesn't have the harness style strap you are looking for. The Ogio Cougar is another great bag, Ogio also has very high quality products. There are quite a few out there I think a lot will depend on how much you want to spend some of these bags can get really pricey.

I am a big fan of the Sun Mountain Four 5 bag. If you are looking to carry I think it is the best choice because it is so light, but also has the individual dividers which helps keep the clubs straight. It does have a drink pocket along with numerous other pockets for everything we end up carting around.

Check out this thread from earlier, there are a few good suggestions there:

Carry bag

Back