Doing brackets with my 7 and 4 year old was a ton of fun, I think they totally picked teams by which were more fun to say, and for some reason my daughter loved UNC, has all 3 in the final four!

That's awesome, I had a similar experience as my kids picked the colors for my Nikeid Metcon2. It's funny to see what the color schemes they come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing brackets with my 7 and 4 year old was a ton of fun, I think they totally picked teams by which were more fun to say, and for some reason my daughter loved UNC, has all 3 in the final four!

The joke of it is, they'll probably do better than 70% of the people filling out brackets hahahaha

my wife is really struggling with our youngest right now. he knows how to manipulate a situation to make it so miserable on everyone around him that you just acquiesce and he gets his way. i can say with a straight face that she isn't like that now, but her parents insist she was when she was his age. this little a$$hole is not even 3 yet. i can tell on her face that she is at her wits end. and given that i'm out of the house by 8, home around 11, i can't do anything to help.
That's funny because Nick is starting to get to that age (20 months now) where he knows that if he cries - then screams - long enough, one of us is going to break down and give in. Last night, could tell the wife was getting frustrated ... Nick wanted to go back outside again, but we had just finished eating and he had been playing outside all day at daycare, and then for an hour at home while I fixed the mailbox I ran over the day prior (*sigh*) ... and he was screaming (tears running down his face, snot out of his nose, the whole works). I told her to ignore him and see if he stopped. After about five minutes he did, and started cutting his eyes at her. If she so much as looked his way, he'd start up again. When that stopped working, he went over to her, yelled "No!" and took the magazine out of her hands. That didn't go over well for him. Eventually he took to laying on the floor, crying and kicking his feet. When that didn't work, he started throwing his head backwards onto the floor. After doing that twice, I think he figured out that hurt too much to be an effective long-term attention grabber.

All in all, 30 minutes later, we had a kid begging to play with trains. Go figure.

Interestingly enough, he slept through the night. Maybe if we let him throw tantrums it'll exhaust him to the point that we get a peaceful nights sleep. I'll be honest, I think that's a fair trade.

Sometimes the hardest thing is dealing with the kid who is exactly like you were/are (says the guy who just got through yelling at his son for d*cking around instead of studying for a test)...

One thought is to talk to her parents ... How did they handle it? When did she stop being that way? Why?

Same here. My 15yo and I can battle sometimes and neither one of us backs down. My wife says we're pretty much the same person when it comes to being headstrong. After I blew up at her last week I've really needed to take a step back and realize she's just being a teen trying to assert her independence. I grew up in a house with 3 boys so this is my first time trying to figure out teen daughter stuff.

The joke of it is, they'll probably do better than 70% of the people filling out brackets hahahaha
I went all chalk this year, I have a hunch they're both gonna beat me, and combine that with the fact that my wife beats me every year, I'll be low man on the nacho totem poll in the house this year!

172ef8e7ab9dcea126adaaeeb4240955.jpg

Had some help dragging the field after the baseball game tonight. She loves a lawn mower

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

My 10yo put the full court press on tonight at Dicks over those darn Rickie Cobra clubs. "But Dad, they're SO MUCH NICER than my clubs. Look at these shafts! And the heads... I bet they go way farther! This bag is top quality! Look at how good the driver looks when I hold it, it's almost perfect for my height!"

Sorry bud, you're going to get another year or two out of those Top Flites, you're no Internet golfer yet!

I'm really frustrated with my smart kid being lazy enough to earn poor grades. If the kid was working and getting these marks, so be it. But the laziness and procrastinating is so damn frustrating. (Queue comment about the ones that are just like us driving is the most nuts)

I'm really frustrated with my smart kid being lazy enough to earn poor grades. If the kid was working and getting these marks, so be it. But the laziness and procrastinating is so damn frustrating. (Queue comment about the ones that are just like us driving is the most nuts)
That was me in school for sure. I was just really bored. Took me having a great teacher in high school to change. Then college professors absolutely killed it again.

On a side note, any one else battling this nasty virus going around? My 4yo caught it and had a 103+ fever for 48 hours. He was prescribed a z-pack and is back to feeling better, but now my 2yo seems to have come down with it. Just hoping or 4 month old can go without it.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

My 10yo put the full court press on tonight at Dicks over those darn Rickie Cobra clubs. "But Dad, they're SO MUCH NICER than my clubs. Look at these shafts! And the heads... I bet they go way farther! This bag is top quality! Look at how good the driver looks when I hold it, it's almost perfect for my height!"

Sorry bud, you're going to get another year or two out of those Top Flites, you're no Internet golfer yet!
My 4yo doesn't even play yet and had 2 sets. Lol. I'm enough Internet golfer for our whole family.

My wife called yesterday to say our 3 year old grand daughter had a high fever and was convulsing in her sleep. The local doctor said she had toncilitis. Last night she got worse and they spent the day at the hospital after blood tests and examinations and a couple of hours on a drip she is apparently getting better.
This is when working away from home gets real hard. Especially when she is crying and just wants her Grandad who is 1000 or so miles away from home for 6 weeks. Having just started school I suspect she has picked up something from there. My wife is worrying like crazy and hasn't slept in over 24 hours now. Fortunately my boss is very understanding and said today if she gets worse get a plane home. Here's hoping it won't come to that.
5ef468ec3be4b9f90d716fb8e5432492.jpg
292650097408a919e275e94f1ecc4b8a.jpg

Tapped from my smarter than me phone.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully she turns the corner very soon.

Thoughts and prayers your way garethw. Hoping she gets better soon.

Hope your granddaughter feels better soon, garethw.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thoughts are with you garethw

She's a cutie garethw, I hope she feels better soon. I know the few times my kids had to go in with illness when they were younger, they bounced right back. Hope your granddaughter does the same.

835da1e505b56fd6d06bc25f1fa0e3aa.jpg

My 10 week old Ms. Reese Rex.... She our first and wow is she something else

My 8 year old son is currently online shopping for Halloween costumes at the moment.

My 8 year old son is currently online shopping for Halloween costumes at the moment.
Getting quite the head start.

Getting quite the head start.

It seems like he wants to it more to play with now. I think he is just trying to use Halloween as an excuse.

835da1e505b56fd6d06bc25f1fa0e3aa.jpg

My 10 week old Ms. Reese Rex.... She our first and wow is she something else

That is some kind of fabulous photo. She's beautiful.

Thank you tons, she is something else!!

So open question, we have a 7 year old and a 4 year old, would a Nintendo Wii, Xbox with Kinect or PS with PS move be best?

We were looking at games like Family Game Night and such that would be fun for all of us to play together, not hardcore gaming but just some fun here and there.

Back