Lajosi Putters Thread

Tell me more, sir.

How's the neck setup for you? Digging?

Insert feedback?

Love the neck, no offset for my needs/eye dominance, and a bit heel side to mesh well with my arc. Super pleased.

The copper is really damn good. Take the m7, and add a touch more tone (dense) to it.

Love the neck, no offset for my needs/eye dominance, and a bit heel side to mesh well with my arc. Super pleased.

The copper is really damn good. Take the m7, and add a touch more tone (dense) to it.

I've been pondering a really light mill, which I would suspect would draw closer comparisons?

Pretty sold on this whole thing.

I've been pondering a really light mill, which I would suspect would draw closer comparisons?

Pretty sold on this whole thing.
It should for sure, I think you'd like this too though.

My Lajosi was supposed to be maintenance-free but the neck is rusting up pretty bad. A little TLC got the brown off but the wear is still evident every time it gets wet. The putter is meant to be used and some wear isn't the end of the world but its still pretty disappointing for me.
Should I reach out to Kari for a fix/refinish/repair? Or would you guys consider a little rust normal wear and tear?

For pretty bad rusting i would reach out since the product isnt what was expected

My Lajosi was supposed to be maintenance-free but the neck is rusting up pretty bad. A little TLC got the brown off but the wear is still evident every time it gets wet. The putter is meant to be used and some wear isn't the end of the world but its still pretty disappointing for me.
Should I reach out to Kari for a fix/refinish/repair? Or would you guys consider a little rust normal wear and tear?
Contact Kari and talk to him, for sure.

He's a great one and I'm sure will make it right.

Just confirmed... Definitely being charged $50 AUD for shipping. Granted that's not a lot, but disappointed it's not in on the cost.

Just confirmed... Definitely being charged $50 AUD for shipping. Granted that's not a lot, but disappointed it's not in on the cost.
25.00 us or thereabouts from down under isn't too bad.

I seem to remember shipping being included, but I also asked for a quote that included shipping costs.

That wrap-around gecko design is something sweet. If/When I get a custom putter made, that's going to go to the top of the list.

So, this is the one I'm going to send back to Kari soon (I hope) to get refinished. While I love the etched finish look on the Damascus its harder to upkeep than even the standard black ox finish will be for me, as illustrated by the few spots showing up on it now. Needs to be reshafted (longer) and regripped anyways.

1st time Kari ever milled Damascus, I actually sent the billet from OK to Australia for him to mill it into a putter for me, so its got an awesome story.

Anyways, ignore the spots, its still a pretty cool piece IMO.

DSC_0035_zpsejedpuo4.jpg

DSC_0036_zpszoupv96n.jpg

DSC_0037_zpsogbmfcaq.jpg

DSC_0038_zps5qfedhxo.jpg

So, this is the one I'm going to send back to Kari soon (I hope) to get refinished. While I love the etched finish look on the Damascus its harder to upkeep than even the standard black ox finish will be for me, as illustrated by the few spots showing up on it now. Needs to be reshafted (longer) and regripped anyways.

1st time Kari ever milled Damascus, I actually sent the billet from OK to Australia for him to mill it into a putter for me, so its got an awesome story.

DSC_0035_zpsejedpuo4.jpg

DSC_0036_zpszoupv96n.jpg

DSC_0037_zpsogbmfcaq.jpg

DSC_0038_zps5qfedhxo.jpg

Cant you put a clear coat of some sort over the etching to keep it from needing so much up keep? One day I will own a damascus one day. How is the feel?

Cant you put a clear coast of some sort over the etching to keep it from needing so much up keep? One day I will own a damascus one day. How is the feel?

Yeah, I hope to get his thoughts on that, when we did this one it was a brave new world for us both and really a trial and error thing.

Pretty cool feel IMO, sits in between SS and CS for me.

All of this Lajosi talk is getting me even more excited for mine to be done!

I'm digging the look of that damascus

Another sweet ass putter there, James. Really cool that the billet came from OK.

How many Lajosi's do you have Jman? I know I've seen a few in this thread.

How many Lajosi's do you have Jman? I know I've seen a few in this thread.

Just two now. I've owned 10 or so over the years though.

James do you not own an ugly putter?!? Geesh! That one looks nice too!

DSC_0035_zpsejedpuo4.jpg

DSC_0036_zpszoupv96n.jpg

DSC_0037_zpsogbmfcaq.jpg

DSC_0038_zps5qfedhxo.jpg

I mean this with everything I got. This is a sweet looking putter. One of my favs!!!

James do you not own an ugly putter?!? Geesh! That one looks nice too!

Hahaha, I like to think I don't!

I mean this with everything I got. This is a sweet looking putter. One of my favs!!!

Its a beauty. Needs to see the course this year and I plan on making that happen!

Hahaha, I like to think I don't!

Its a beauty. Needs to see the course this year and I plan on making that happen!

When they refinish it will it keep those swirls I see on the face?

When they refinish it will it keep those swirls I see on the face?

Yep, that's the actual metal. If I go with this same finish or with a black oxide it will show up. Basically as long as it isn't plated, which it won't be.

Been rolling this throughout the night, so freaking happy. Can't wait to button up a review and get it on the course.

DSC_0017_zps1m23igvj.jpg

Back