THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Good shooting

Anyone getting out for some prep this weekend?

Was supposed to get round in in Southern OH with a few guys but weather may not cooperate. Might be able to get a range session in

Played today and didn't do anything I would consider prep. . May try to get some range work tomorrow but this wind sucks.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Played today and didn't do anything I would consider prep. . May try to get some range work tomorrow but this wind sucks.

That low of score? Very nice. I feel the more strokes I take more the prep Im getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot 41 today as the wind wasn't bad at all here in Toledo. Greens were a 6 speed however so despite my contact not being the greatest it didn't matter bc my short game could dominate

A little prep after work tonight got 18 in. Shot 71 (34-37) putter let me down on the back. 13 putts on the front and 17 putts on the back. Hitting it really good right now. Not happy with the driver but plenty of time to get that fixed.
Very solid. Do you also track your strokes gained putting on top of number off putts?

Very solid. Do you also track your strokes gained putting on top of number off putts?

No, I don't typically track anything. Occasionally after the round I will count up putts. If I feel I had a particularly bad putting day. Which was the case on the back 9 yesterday. I wouldn't even know how to track strokes gained.

Need to get my simulator game to transfer to the real deal
41dba7dfdc2d16312ba19e3f434a779c.jpg

No, I don't typically track anything. Occasionally after the round I will count up putts. If I feel I had a particularly bad putting day. Which was the case on the back 9 yesterday. I wouldn't even know how to track strokes gained.
I have a spread sheet for SGP if you want. You just enter how many feet the original putt was and how many putts you took. The theory behind it is pretty easy. Say you have a 20 foot putt. It uses a database to find the average strokes for that length putt. So for 20 feet it might average 1.75 putts, (made up number, I don't know it off the top of my head). If you then 2 putt you would get -0.25 for that hole and if you made the putt you would get +0.75 for the hole.

Just saw your thread so taking this discussion there so we can focus on what matters.

OH>MI

Last edited:
I'm ready for this event to get here. I'm ready to take on Team Michigan. I'm ready to represent my state and all the awesome THPers in Ohio. I will have my game ready and I will be ready to take on Boulder Creek.

Hey Michigan...... 82 days

Walked 18 in 31 degrees with wind today.
I am taking my prep seriously, and maybe (hopefully) gave a teammate some insight on how to be more consistent green side.
Michigan will be ready!

I'm ready for this event to get here. I'm ready to take on Team Michigan. I'm ready to represent my state and all the awesome THPers in Ohio. I will have my game ready and I will be ready to take on Boulder Creek.

Hey Michigan...... 82 days til you guys add 8 HOF tags to the state

Couldn't agree more Phil. Can't wait.

Ahhh the power of the almighty mod rights

Glad to see some guys getting out. This event will be here before we know it. Can't wait and did someone just say 82 days???

Glad to see some guys getting out. This event will be here before we know it. Can't wait and did someone just say 82 days???

That's all. It'll be here before we know it

So how many THPers want these in their irons? I know I won't be able to hit them well but I would love to at least give them a whirl at the range!

Day gets the win with the X7. True Temper is on a roll right now

Got in a nice range session today just before the sun went down. Was swinging the driver real well. It was finally nice to swing on a ground that wasn't so soggy.

I have to admit all the success on tour is impressive! I do not have TT shafts in my irons, except my wedges. The reason? I didn't even give them a chance because I "wanted to try something different".

There is nothing wrong with my shafts, in fact I like them, but how can you not take notice that seemingly all the the guys winning on tour are playing True Temper products and not another brand.

I have to admit all the success on tour is impressive! I do not have TT shafts in my irons, except my wedges. The reason? I didn't even give them a chance because I "wanted to try something different".

There is nothing wrong with my shafts, in fact I like them, but how can you not take notice that seemingly all the the guys winning on tour are playing True Temper products and not another brand.

They do have a proven track record... And continue to dominate on tour!

I am #ProudToPlay True Temper!

Today is the day I replace 8 True Temper/Project X shafts with 8 new TT/PX shafts. Giving me 13 out of 14 & a Hzrdus Yellow is on my mind..

Back