I've made 5 static line jumps and hyper-extended both knees + a right ankle sprain on my 4th jump. I jumped that day with a 28' chute vs. the regular 32' we'd been training with. Don't look at the ground before you land.

I tried again after I healed and it wasn't fun anymore so I put that phase of my life behind me.

The best part was hanging under the canopy 3K feet up and being able to hear people talking on the ground. Very peaceful and you cant beat the view. :act-up: I'd recommend it to anyone as a bucket-list thing.

Had a USPA B license and 200+ jumps when I moved from Florida back in 2002. Did a tandem first and was instantly hooked. The Accelerated Free Fall course was pretty expensive but I was teaching SCUBA at the time and traded out dive lesson for the AFF course. Got to be pretty tight with the crew at Sky Dive City in Z-Hills teaching them to dive and they always took great care of me. TK still runs the drop zone and it’s one of the best and busiest in the country. Unfortunately they had a double fatality a couple months back which is always sobering.

My favorite solo jump was to climb on the camera step let go with left arm and see how long I could hang on to the side of the plane before I got ripped off. Which was about three seconds. No other feeling in the world like it.

I got about 3/4 through the AFF course several years ago before the drop zone I was going to closed down...I never finished it the course, because I was doing it from free for adverstising on the radio station I worked at....really wish I had been able to finish that course.

Don't worry about it Due! It's mildly scary for about two seconds and then it's one of the most exhilarating feelings you will experience! I had a hard time not getting all the way into it, fortunately I was a broke college student when I tried it. Now golf is my addiction and my mother couldn't be happier!

Don't worry about it Due! It's mildly scary for about two seconds and then it's one of the most exhilarating feelings you will experience! I had a hard time not getting all the way into it, fortunately I was a broke college student when I tried it. Now golf is my addiction and my mother couldn't be happier!

Lol, I'd really be worried if I wasn't worried. I keep bring up the subject of a double tandem, but doubt Liz will join me.

Lol, I'd really be worried if I wasn't worried. I keep bring up the subject of a double tandem, but doubt Liz will join me.

Tell her she'll do it if she wants to go to Wichita!

Back