thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone out there Skydive?

I've never done it, but always wanted to and actually plan to at some point soon (next year or so). Liz's cousin has a business for this and is a Nationally known professional/instructor. although she sent pictures a couple days ago where she broke some would record and in the process broke her arm coming out of the plane. I won't post the pictures, (pretty ugly break), but still had to pull the cord and guide herslf down with a broken right arm. Sounds like a tough chick, hope she's my instructor, haha.

I've been once and would do it again in a heartbeat. It was so much fun.

Back when I was in radio I did a tandem jump as an on air stunt....was miked up and live on the air when I did it.

After that I made good friends with the guy who owned the drop zone and I made several other jumps....was working towards my license to be able to jump solo...but they closed up before I finished.

It's awesome.

I've been once and would do it again in a heartbeat. It was so much fun.

Has to be an all out rush followed by panic, then pleasure followed by panic, lol. This cousin I mentioned had an 81 year old up with her last week, if they can do it then so can I.

Back when I was in radio I did a tandem jump as an on air stunt....was miked up and live on the air when I did it.

After that I made good friends with the guy who owned the drop zone and I made several other jumps....was working towards my license to be able to jump solo...but they closed up before I finished.

It's awesome.

That's awesome, but once may be plenty for me. I bet it beautiful in a scary way.

On the bucket list for sure.

I've done it and loved it, I would love to get certified one day.

I've done it and loved it, I would love to get certified one day.

Amazes me how many have done it. I can't really imagine what it would be like.

I've been twice. It's pretty fun. I dought I will ever go again.

You won't find a better adrenaline rush! !!
Did a tandem from 10,000 ft

tapin from my big as note 2

I did it once and had an absolute blast. Best decision I made was having it video taped and photographed. I have some awesome photos to remember the experience and a VHS that I need to convert to DVD. I would love to do it again.

Ya know the funnest part was just hanging off the wing strut for a bit. Had another jumper with us on my jump. We hooked up after we stabilized then split apart & pulled cord.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat

tapin from my big as note 2

I always wanted to do it. It seemed like there was always an excuse not to....death with a child in the house being one of them.

Now that he's 18 and (soon to be?) on his own, I could do it....but now have uummmm surpassed the weight limits enforced by most places. :(

Man, lots have done this, I think that's pretty cool. They may have to grease my hands so I can't latch on to something.

I always wanted to do it. It seemed like there was always an excuse not to....death with a child in the house being one of them.

Now that he's 18 and (soon to be?) on his own, I could do it....but now have uummmm surpassed the weight limits enforced by most places. :(

I bet they have big boy chutes too.

Man, lots have done this, I think that's pretty cool. They may have to grease my hands so I can't latch on to something.

I bet they have big boy chutes too.
It really wasn't that hard to go out the door tandem. My guy had thousands of jumps. I'm sure it would be tough on your own. I want to do that too.

Something I have wanted to do since I was 12. Trying to put a trip together for the end of the summer with some friends.

I've done it a number of times while in the military; jump from anywhere from 800ft to over 20k. Never done it outside of the military though. Incredible experience if you get the chance.

did a few tandems in the central valley in cali (dated a gal years ago that was into solo jumps) - fun but i'm terrified of heights (used to rock climb too - weird).

gotta do it at least once though but I can see why it becomes an addiction - a great rush.

I did, twice. The second time with my wife. She didn't enjoy it. Upon meeting her on the ground she said "Scared sh*tless has a whole new meaning for me now"

I did three static line jumps as an 18-year-old. Super glad I did it, but now that I've got a family, I doubt I'd do it again. It's super-safe mind you, but the one way to ensure nothing goes wrong while skydiving is not to skydive.

What was interesting to me was that I thought I'd be nervous about jumping. Heck no. The worst part was just sitting in that door. I wanted out of that door - one way or the other. When the instructor said go, I went!

I did three static line jumps as an 18-year-old. Super glad I did it, but now that I've got a family, I doubt I'd do it again. It's super-safe mind you, but the one way to ensure nothing goes wrong while skydiving is not to skydive.

What was interesting to me was that I thought I'd be nervous about jumping. Heck no. The worst part was just sitting in that door. I wanted out of that door - one way or the other. When the instructor said go, I went!

For me on the first jump the worst part was the 15 minute plane ride to the proper altitude knowing that I was about to jump...that was nerve racking.

But the minute I was under canopy I knew that I wanted to do it again!

I jumped once a tandem, 15.000 feet, I would do it again in a heart beat, solo.

I jumped once a tandem, 15.000 feet, I would do it again in a heart beat, solo.

With a tandem chute. . Could stay aloft for a long time! !

tappin from my big as note2

Had a USPA B license and 200+ jumps when I moved from Florida back in 2002. Did a tandem first and was instantly hooked. The Accelerated Free Fall course was pretty expensive but I was teaching SCUBA at the time and traded out dive lesson for the AFF course. Got to be pretty tight with the crew at Sky Dive City in Z-Hills teaching them to dive and they always took great care of me. TK still runs the drop zone and it’s one of the best and busiest in the country. Unfortunately they had a double fatality a couple months back which is always sobering.

My favorite solo jump was to climb on the camera step let go with left arm and see how long I could hang on to the side of the plane before I got ripped off. Which was about three seconds. No other feeling in the world like it.

Back