Looking for Pensacola/Ft. Walton Beach information

Arkie_3_fan

Reaction score
Handicap
My wife is having a fit to take our 3 year old daughter to the beach this year, so we are trying to get a trip together sometime in the next couple of months.
Having never been there, what are some of the attractions in that area, especially things that a 3 year old might be interested in?

I do plan to take my clubs and try and sneak in a round of golf while I'm there, so I'm also open to reasonably price golf course suggestions.

Thanks!

My folks just moved back to Pensacola. I visited there quite often as a young'in and am quite familiar with the area. What kind of attractions are you looking for outside of golf?

My $.02 would be to make the 45 minutes drive West to Mobile, AL and a few other spots and hit the RTJ Trail and the courses there.

I live in the Ft Walton, Destin area. Lots of nice places to stay, great beaches and as much golf as you can stand. I play the Eglin AFB courses as my home course and they are open to the public for around $50. Have also played the SanDestin resort courses which are about twice as much. A little gem called Blackstone is about thirty minutes from the coast and it's about $35 wi cart. Resort courses probably run aroumd $100 so we play when the specials run. If you decide to come over a,weekend would,be glad to have you in our Sat am group,at Eglin.

I live in the Ft Walton, Destin area. Lots of nice places to stay, great beaches and as much golf as you can stand. I play the Eglin AFB courses as my home course and they are open to the public for around $50. Have also played the SanDestin resort courses which are about twice as much. A little gem called Blackstone is about thirty minutes from the coast and it's about $35 wi cart. Resort courses probably run aroumd $100 so we play when the specials run. If you decide to come over a,weekend would,be glad to have you in our Sat am group,at Eglin.

Thanks for the info. It will probably be over a weekend when we come down, so I'll be sure and give you a heads up once I know the dates. It would be great to get in a round with a fellow THP member.

Look forward to it!

I'm in Pensacola so let me know if you make it over here and we can tee it up. The beaches are nice in pensacola, but for family Sanddestin or orange beach would be more of a entertaining visit.

Right now we are looking at Ft. Walton on Labor Day weekend.
We are planning to visit the zoo and a marine show. Other than that, we'll probably hit the outlet malls one afternoon. Any other suggestions that might be of interest to a 3 year old?

My in-laws have wintered in Pensacola for the past 7 years. P-Cola is nice - the Gulf Breeze beach is very nice. Other than the beach though, not a whole lot to do with kids that I've seen. Destin may be a better bet.

For golf, my wife and I played two rounds at Scenic Hills this past year, and really liked the course. If you play during the week, watch out for the "golf cart armadas" - they allow five and six-somes of members out, all apparently with their own golf carts. On both of our rounds, they choked up the course for a good while, and wouldn't allow play-through. We ended up skipping holes (only getting 17 in) to get around them.

Also, the course the LPGA plays in Mobile every year is gorgeous, it's the Magnolia Grove Crossings course.

Back