Ryder Cup Contest - THP & KBS & Official 2012 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

This has probably been mentioned, but I feel like Jim and Phil (especially Phil) are getting off pretty easy. They were both on the 17th tee box up 1 and didn't win a single point. Yes Tiger and Steve stunk the joint up, but those were matches - we are talking about 2 holes left each and all you need is to halve one of them!!!!

Being up 1 with two holes to go and not getting at least a half a point is inexcusable. I'm not a Tiger apologist, but I feel like he carried his weight.

Great day to be a European, especially a Scotman. Delighted for Paul Lawrie, a true gent of the game. Unbelievable golf! Can't wait til 2014 when it comes to Gleneagles, a stones throw from my home!

Great day to be a European, especially a Scotman. Delighted for Paul Lawrie, a true gent of the game. Unbelievable golf! Can't wait til 2014 when it comes to Gleneagles, a stones throw from my home!

That's awesome. You gotta go!

Phil should shoulder no blame because he is Phil. Which is essentially the equivalent of awesome.

Looked like JMO wanted Molinari to concede but for whatever reason Molinari was making them play out the hole. Tiger was definitely irritated by it.
He's may not have realised that a draw meant that we retained the cup and wanted to make sure.

I was convinced he'd lose that one when I saw the picks, but he played a great game, especially that chip in on the 4th.

This has probably been mentioned, but I feel like Jim and Phil (especially Phil) are getting off pretty easy. They were both on the 17th tee box up 1 and didn't win a single point. Yes Tiger and Steve stunk the joint up, but those were matches - we are talking about 2 holes left each and all you need is to halve one of them!!!!
You're exactly right dude. That just can't happen when you get to 17 and you're 1 up. Hell Mickelson thought he made his chip shot there on 17 too, that's how close that was. Then Rose dropped his putt to square the match and the rest is history. Crazy turn of events there.

He's may not have realised that a draw meant that we retained the cup and wanted to make sure.

Their celebration on the 18th after Kaymer made his putt clearly shows they knew they won.

I hear you but you can't blame Phil. He hits a nearly perfect chip on 17 that barely misses the hole (if that goes in Phil gets a US point) and Rose made an incredible and improbable putt. Nothing Phil could have done on that one. If Phil was still 1UP on 18 I guarantee that he doesn't miss the hole long.

Oh I agree. Rose was incredible. I just still think that if you are up 1 on 17 you should halve the match at WORST. Sometimes there isn't much you can do I guess. I just felt like those two points decided the match. I just never felt like Steve was going to win his.

Phil should shoulder no blame because he is Phil. Which is essentially the equivalent of awesome.

Yes, Phil was class act. Seems he was too nice at times on the course.

Sent from my GtabComb using Tapatalk 2

Being up 1 with two holes to go and not getting at least a half a point is inexcusable. I'm not a Tiger apologist, but I feel like he carried his weight.

Tiger made a ton of birdies. Didn't get much help. Played well outside of his first match I thought.

You're exactly right dude. That just can't happen when you get to 17 and you're 1 up. Hell Mickelson thought he made his chip shot there on 17 too, that's how close that was. Then Rose dropped his putt to square the match and the rest is history. Crazy turn of events there.

That to me was the end of it. You could just feel the momentum swing. Entirely.

I think Lee Westwood's just challenged Michael Jordan to either a 2 on 2 golf match or basketball match - couldn't quite catch which one it was.

Tiger made a ton of birdies. Didn't get much help. Played well outside of his first match I thought.

Tiger played pretty well and was clutch down the stretch. Molinari should have conceded the putt on 18.

I think people will look at his record for this Ryder Cup as opposed to the golf he actually played. Not that it is fair mind you, but how it will go down.

usually I blame stewart cink. But I can't this time around. It's funny that Furyk isn't clutch, and Phil had the same collapse today. Oh well. I feel bad for DL3.

I think Lee Westwood's just challenged Michael Jordan to either a 2 on 2 golf match or basketball match - couldn't quite catch which one it was.

I'm sure MJ is a better golfer than Westwood is a basketball player!

Ok so ESPN has a poll...48% of people think Tiger deserves the most blame for the US loss...wth?

usually I blame stewart cink. But I can't this time around. It's funny that Furyk isn't clutch, and Phil had the same collapse today. Oh well. I feel bad for DL3.

I thouht the same thing. Lets bash Furyk, but Phil gets a pass??

I see the point that people are making here though. Phil didn't really do anything wrong. He didn't do anything to choke it away. Rose was just super, super clutch. He drained a miracle putt at 17. Furyk just choked it away. Stricker just choked it away.

Ok so ESPN has a poll...48% of people think Tiger deserves the most blame for the US loss...wth?

This is what I was saying. Those people either didn't watch, are just looking at his record, or are just idiots. And I don't like Tiger.

Justin Rose dumped a bomb on 17. And clutched it on 18. Lefty did hit a poor shot in on 18. But damn talk about taking the wind out of your sails on 17

Back