The club you won't give up

My customized Scotty that my wife got me as a wedding present

2012-04-17_11-24-38_HDR.jpg

2012-04-17_11-30-26_HDR.jpg

P1030916.jpg

A gift from your wife?? That's a keeper

Tapa Slice

I say putter, it's just too hard to get used to such a finesse skill such as putting to be changing clubs all the time.

For me it's probably my Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 3w and 5w, depending on distance needed. Both are absolutely amazing on and off the tee. They fly off the face and do what I need them too.

My 52.09* xFT gap wedge. I've gotten more birdies because of it than any other club. It's got the most feel of any other gap wedge I've ever gamed. The ability to change out the face makes it even more lethal.

mine is my acuity extreme spin SW
it doesnt spin the best, has ok control and really isnt a special club when u check the specs but it is the sweetest feeling club whn i swing well
i dont even keep it in my bag but i always get it out when i need to go to the range and get my short game swing

My Driver- Titleist 983k 8.5* Proforce V2 shafted "Fairway Finder"
My Putter- Cleveland Classics Corey Pavin Centenial US Open Winner Blade

My TaylorMade Rocketballz RBZ Tour 3 wood. I can hit it longer off the tee than my friends using their driver. Par 5's are reachable in 2 because it's crazy long with a slight draw. Perfect. The Tour version gives me so much confidence at address and that's half the battle with a 3 wood. I've played over 20 rounds with it and it doesn't have a mark on it.

i challenge ur 3w with my 5h 25*
its that club for me

Is it a putter from the past? A new driver? What club is the one in your bag that you just will NOT replace?

That's pretty funny

My Tour Edge Exotics XCG-7 Beta 4 wood. I hit it longer off both the deck and tee than my previous 3 woods. Also, the face is so hot that I use it to hit low bullets from out if the rough and under the trees. Absolutely love it.

My 588 5 wood

Cleveland classic 3 wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing is safe, but the D200 driver is currently my favorite club.

None. They are all on notice. Perform or GTFO

Cleveland classic 3 wood

I'm not sure I believe you haha. You go through more clubs than the sale rack at GolfTown.

You crush that thing and should never get rid of it.

I'm not sure I believe you haha. You go through more clubs than the sale rack at GolfTown.

You crush that thing and should never get rid of it.

That was before I found what works. The one is magic for me

Nothing is fully safe, to be sure. But right now, the 913D2 and the Big Bertha 3w are go to's.

The club"s" that are safe for me are my collection of odyssey #9 putters. I rotate throught them quite a bit and won't sell them. Other than that I would have to say my bio cell 3 wood. Love the thing.

Scotty Cameron Bulls Eye Platinum Finish Blade. Can't find anything I putt better with.

Last edited:
Probably my rocketballz 3h. - It would be tough to replace. Hands down best hybrid I've hit.

Agree with some others... Nothing seems to be safe for an extended period. And that's not about performance as much as that I like trying new stuff.

I don't have a club that stays in the full time rotation for long, but I have keepers that I throw in the bag for specific courses/tourneys:
1. Nike VR Pro Combo 2-iron
2. Ping i15 Hybrid

But the one club that means everything to me, is an 1970's Northwestern 9-iron blade, sharp enough to shave with. Bought it from a garage sale for $5 and used it to learn golf in my backyard at age 8. Like many others have done so in the game, it's a cool way to learn to play several shots and get creative. I still chip with it sometimes to give me perspective on how lucky I am to have the clubs I have now, but replicating how happy I was in a backyard with a worn down blade is the harder part.

I built this putter 2 years ago. I've bought, traded and sold a few others since then, and have always come back to this Wishon S2R series Model 5. It's the softest feeling and smoothest flowing putter I've ever used.

DSCN2591_zps49c73959.jpg
DSCN2590_zpsaa066cfb.jpg

My irreplaceable club is my putter. A Callaway bobby Jones BJ-8. It was my first full size club and I have so much confidence standing over it. Now I just want to find an original grip for when my grip eventually bites the dust.

XR driver. Just can't imagine being able to hit anything better.

Back